Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 749.

• The advisors are just meant as some fluff, pointing in useful directions when starting the game as a noob. They aren' t meant as serious advice for actual gameplay; after all, that is your own fun, as a gamer. Or would you like a screen full of " click here" buttons, and if you do, you are very succesfull?

• No matter how this would be implemented, it would either be OP or not worth it, just adding an unneeded level of complexity. Current rpair level is 15% of missing points per day, which is NO WAY near being useful. If you add a mechanism to make that 25% when paying attention to it, it probably wouldn' t be enough either. Making that 50% would be OP though. See the point? How do you balance that fine line somewhere in between, and for example, make sure it works on all maps?

• There' s a fine balance between automating things and actually making the game be played redundant. I' m on the left side of that equasion personally. Automate too much stuff, figure out how to circumvent it when your opponent does it, and what remains is a boring game against the AI.

• Quote from Edepedable: “Quote from K.Rokossovski: “ ” Infantry is just never a good investment for your manpower. So, making them cost more initial manpower when training them is not a good thing. ” Again, you continue to pretend that all other resources except manpower are free. It's like saying that infantry has infinite power-per-oil, because it has zero oil cost, so that it is infinitely better to build than tanks or planes. It is true, but also highly misleading.

• Quote from Edepedable: “Quote from K.Rokossovski: “ ” As far as your resources in the screenshot you sent, it means very little without knowing how many provinces you control through conquest and what buildings you have been building so far. I do notice the +875 manpower and that is much, much higher than I am used to on any map really. But, this number also really does not say a lot without knowing what troops you have (due to upkeep). I wonder what % of your total troop count is made up of the…

• This is from a 100p speed map I'm currently playing. It started last tuesday and is in day 16 now. Most continents aren' t consolidated, and only 2-3 nations have bridgeheads on a second. gyazo.com/5d1f6632985e72beec6c644e14daeeae 5d1f6632985e72beec6c644e14daeeae I rest my case.

• There several flaws in your reasoning. If manpower is your bottleneck, it is due to YOUR build-up schedule; for my schedule, I rarely have manpower problems, while early rares and goods problems are serious, followed by food and oil later on. If you finish your resources on low-manpower units (tanks, ships, planes), you are left with a quite adequate pool of manpower. Only when you build lots of guns (arty, AA, AT) you will constantly be out of manpower. And yes, you need more guns as the compet…

• Quote from Edepedable: “Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Manpower is just one of the resources needed. Tanks and planes are capped by other resources. And yeah, if you have relatively low manpower, higher tech units will still be the way to go. ” You just described the start of every map, manpower is the first thing you run out of. Oil upkeep is around 100 when a map starts, so the upkeep is not what will stop you from buildig tanks and planes.Lack of manpower will make every player start building pla…

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “just like in reality, where they played a bigger role in the 1930s and only a minor one in the 1940s. ” Erm, scuse me? Maginot? Kursk perimeter? Atlantikwall? Siegfried line? The point of forts not being popular, is that this game is all about attacking and expansion. Tactically, it sometimes has a point to defend, but once you start concentrating on strategic defense, you have basically lost already. And yeah, forts are mainly strategic weapons due to build time. To se…

• Manpower is just one of the resources needed. Tanks and planes are capped by other resources. And yeah, if you have relatively low manpower, higher tech units will still be the way to go.

• Only their name is wrong - it should be "elite infantry" - mountaineers, rangers, SS, guards, etc. They would STILL have too high stats, but at least they would be front-line.

• Senior Games

K.Rokossovski - - Find Co-players

Quote from StrangeTalent: “Quote from K.Rokossovski: “OK; bailing out then. ” ill play a game with you! ” Sure. Head to head?

• Senior Games

OK; bailing out then.

• Reveal All

K.Rokossovski - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from BMfox: “But as long as it is there, i'm taking advantage of it because if I won't then my enemy will. ” This argument has been used to justify child labor, environment abuse, slavery, bio-industry, pyramid schemes, narcotics distribution, and much more. And yeah, I use it too.

• Senior Games

Count me in if we get like 10 players or so. Quote from cerealnerd: “define senior. ” He did; it's L70+.

• Reveal All

K.Rokossovski - - Suggestions / Criticism

I agree, reveal-all is way too easy and powerfull right now. Various levels of reveal-SOME (based on the investment) would be much better.

• Quote from AK140: “Quote from K.Rokossovski: “I usually don't use a stack like that. I'd split it up, and capture as much undefended ground as possible; then when meeting resistance, merge units into a battle group tailored for the particular resistance encountered. That requires a lot of online time though; your stack kept together can work well in an offline situation and a long path as well. In any case, split off the SP arty; they're not supposed to do actual melee combat (like the rest of t…

• I usually don't use a stack like that. I'd split it up, and capture as much undefended ground as possible; then when meeting resistance, merge units into a battle group tailored for the particular resistance encountered. That requires a lot of online time though; your stack kept together can work well in an offline situation and a long path as well. In any case, split off the SP arty; they're not supposed to do actual melee combat (like the rest of the stack) but bomb the enemy at range instead.

• Also, in many cases the "old" speed when the order was drawn is used. For example, when you have conquered a province, other units moving into it still use the "enemy territory" speed. This may be the case for finished research as well. To solve it, just draw the same move order again, and it will reflect the current situation. As a side note, you should AVOID redrawing the order if your current speed is lower than the speed at draw time. For example, when you have LOST a province, your troops a…

• Quote: “(btw making SP arty/SP AA is something I like to do in captured provinces going forward also) ” Aye. In fact these days I seldom build LT after SP arty becomes available; I rely on the pool built in the early days, and switch to MI as that pool runs out. Haven't tried this on "new" mech inf values (switched from off to def unit) yet though.