Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 54.

• Fire at will!

Newbss - - News

My reply was one of the first on this subject and I decided not to carry with it since it might upset some of my friends, BUT I just joined a Pacific a few days ago and everyday I get in war with AI's . I have 2 active wars with countries that I don't want to attack, not to mention I don't have the chance to recover or to position troops. From what I can read trough the forum for 2 months I never saw 1 good comment for the aggressive stance of the AI. I told you then that people will leave becau…

• I never build many subs, I tend to go for destroyers combined with Battleship and 1-2 cruisers maybe 1-2 subs. Now with this in mind, you can make a few stacks of cruisers and take out the troops from the islands then take it over with what you like ( AT,AA) militia takes food from and they are not that great of a troop, I don't even research them. So you can take islands without any loss now. Secondly once you took the far islands, make a airfield and put some naval bombers so they can scout an…

• Event - Swift Strike

Newbss - - General Discussions

Are you even a gamer if you take a shit ? JK

• Coast defenses

Newbss - - Suggestions / Criticism

Every coastal player should have at least a few subs and destroyers patrol the coasts. Set a few ships to patrol the length of your coast then add target to back , then add target to go far again, this way they will be set on patrol for at least a day and if you combine them left to right and right to left or up and down, your ships will be always on patrol along your coasts.

• favorite movie

Newbss - - Off Topic

War related first thing to pop in my head are the 2 series : Brothers in Arms and Pacific both made by Spielberg. Non war related must be Il capo dei capi . Great movie.

• I didn't joined many Tutorials Maps, but this thread just made me joined one. From my experience as a "vetereran" I can say this, I recruited 2 players for my alliance just from Tutorial Maps, with the rest just like Em said I like to teach them the ropes, not go berserk mode like I go on the 100 map. Guess it's up who joins those maps, but from my perspective I join only to help newbs become pro :), after all NewbsArePro

• I found that for Africa, Ethiopia is one of the best places to start. It used to have 3 doubles not sure now tho .

• If it's not working what nemuritor said, add a player to your alliance, make him leader and leave.

• Coalitions

Newbss - - Suggestions / Criticism

Once the game starts, in a few days the coalitions settle, then you can go and check each player to see what is their alliance. This way you will see if more from one alliance are on your server and if they joined the same or different coalitions.

• New Feature: Scenario Rotation

Newbss - - News

What all of you guys missed is that a new strategy will overtake now. Think how many wolfpacks it will be on every map :). As for the rotation update, let's test it and then we can hate on it , to be honest I don't really see a problem if only 1 player can make a game, in every alliance there are a few that have HC so you can make 4-5 maps per month I think this is more then enough to play with your friends every month. With that being said I'll see you all on the battlefield.

• Fire at will!

Newbss - - News

Quote from freezy: “while the "aggressive" setting will stay as it is, so that it is an opt-in behaviour to attack neutral units instead of an opt-out. ” So if I have HC, and set to aggressive , go into my enemies land, take 1-2 province hit a border that he has with another player/AI, I attacked those as well ? Why ? If I only have war with one why put the pressure on me to be aggressive with the surrounding players/AI when I don't want to. Anyway, is your decisions out there, I just wanted to …

• Fire at will!

Newbss - - News

Quote from freezy: “ We are currently discussing potential changes to the new behaviour to satisfy more player needs. That said please don't expect any fast change over night as we are bound to our update cycles, so even if we decide for a change the current behaviour will stay at least for a little while. ” Not that much I hope, since this release was released I stopped buying HC since it putted me at war with the whole map. Used to set on agro and send it trough out my enemies land, now if I d…

• The idea of blockades fits perfectly in the game and I will give you a very good example of what I do in every map of 100 that I play. Gibraltar closed and you also close the bottom of red sea, this way the Mediterranean is you coalitions swimming pool. Not to mention Panama, where I always have some subs, whit that area closed you put a stop between oceans. It is good for the players because let's say I have a war with another coalition, but only with 1 of them, other 2 come trough Gibraltar an…

• I agree on one side, is good for players to make blockades on choke points BUT, indeed the AI is way to aggressive and seems to hunt convoys.

• Quote from Hohmann: “+1 Dies ist wirklich ätzend! War eine sehr schlechte Idee und völlig realitätsfremd! Seit wann beschiessen sich Neutrale, wenn sie einander begegnen? ” Nu am inteles nimic din ce ai postat, e foarte usor sa postam toti in limba natala dar ne aflam pe un forum.com deci ar trebuii sa folosim engleza.

• Quote from Mandurah: “This is to inform everyone rules have been changed. There was a matter presented to Players Council regarding a team disqualification. The team in question won the vote 5/8. The rule book states on page 15. For an appeal to be UPHELD there must be a TWO THIRDS MAJORITY vote by the Council of Leaders (CoL). [...] For your reference, these are the voting requirements per number of teams in a match: 8 Teams - 5 out of 8 votes ” We never got to vote (Untouchable), also about th…

• The Team League July signup

Newbss - - Community Events

It will always be like this, give them 100 breads and one will say why is not with butter. How the game will be announced ? From my point of view a leader should have access to all his teammates so a PM in the forum with the game id ? Or ? Also, we the "few" appreciate.

• The Team League July signup

Newbss - - Community Events

We will wait with great anticipation the game tomorrow. We wish all the teams a great game and fun battles up ahead.

• I acknowledge and agree to the TTL Rules, Game Rules, and Terms of Service.

• early game

Newbss - - Questions and Answers

I agree with Vorlon , is an art to attack, I have maps where I circle an enemy before I attack, or attack him directly. Depends on where your coalition is. As for an advice, is always better to attack then to be attacked, because you set the tone to the music. Also a well placed defense can be the foreplay to your attack.