Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 122.

• New Changes are BAD(Beta)

gusv - - Beta Feedback & Issues

Dear CoW: Please undo trade restrictions outside coalition and 10% mark up on market. I'm totally confused as to the purpose of these changes. These policies resemble old colonial Spain's mercantilism and similar policies by Soviet Bloc nations during cold war. Thank you and have a nice day! ...

• Quote from OneNutSquirrel: “This already exists. Check the newspaper... 2nd window down on right hand side... Game info... REWARDS... there's GOLD to be found in them there who stay to the end. ” I agree ... And I think that the rewards should be raised for staying until the end, considering that a whole game easily lasts 3-4 weeks ...

• However, after the last update, you can not trade resources outside your coalition ... I hope that they change it back to the way it was before! ...

• Do not underestimate Canada as a gamble by a good player, speculating that the US player may not know what he's doing and will underdevelop his economy and ground armies ... Seen the Canadian player overwhelm militarily the US player in the last two games I finished (I got US this time, and Canada went inactive after I became one of top 3 players in VP count) ...

Quote from WayneBo: “Just scrap the SBDE entirely. It is contrived and overly complicate. Does not prevent overstacking, since 99% of the users don't even know what SBDE is. ” I'm one of the 99% that does not know what SBDE ... Is that some sort of statistical algorithm equation used to resolve combat? ...

• Repair Stations/Hospitals

gusv - - Suggestions / Criticism

I don't think that the idea of 'unit repair stations' is not too bad ... I recall playing Civ 2 years ago ... There barracks, air bases, and naval bases (own or allies) fulfilled that function ... Of course, there could be a limit (e.g. 50% of damage?) ...

• I can't get a good country

gusv - - General Discussions

Have not played Turkey yet ... But not far from there Iraq, Iran, and the Arabian Peninsula look like yummy treats for getting oil ... Have not played India yet, but there is oil not far from there either ... Seen other players do that when in they are in either Turkey or India ...

Oh ... Thanks for the tip on the barracks! ...

• Elite AI for All

gusv - - News

I agree with frenzy ... I have successfully used the method he refers to by granting AI countries positive diplomatic relations (right of way, shared map) and by joining the AI in declaring war on aggressive nations with low popularity ... I also agree with Delby in courteously and ethically declaring war before you attack ...

• Thanks for your quick response ... I am leaning to believe that the Russian player was trying to trick me with RoW issue as a prelude to an invasion ... Unfortunately, the latter occurs very often in this game- mostly when invading AI countries ... He might have been trying to avoid any type of Coalition penalty if his intent is to betray a Coalition ally ... Took in Mexico instead to fill in the void left when Canada went inactive ...

• Russian Player claims that he has applied to UN Coalition in Game #2,827,136 (39 Historical Map) ... At the same time, he sent proposal for trading RoW ... Is there a technical issue with him been unable to apply to UN coalition, or is he trying to trick me with RoW issue as a prelude to an invasion ... Unfortunately, the latter occurs very often in this game- mostly when invading AI countries ... Is the Russian player trying to avoid any type of Coalition penalty if his intent is to betray a Co…

Been on my third game in the 39 historical map for over 2 days. And I was fortunate enough to get the US this time (won first two times with Brazil and Spain in coalition with countries like Turkey, Romania, Canada and Manchuria- all with decent players at helm). Have not played Japan yet, but my strategy these first few days has been to build the economy and focus military production on army and air units (navy is reasonably large at start). Depending on what I'm producing, I disable naval base…

• I'm working on my ninth straight win ... Currently my biggest desire is that CoW reduced their requirements for coalition victory from 70% down to 65% or even 60% ... This is taking too long when it's obvious that the winning coalition has no serious rivals! ...

• I'm an old Civilization 2 player from the 90's ... In my first CoW game I kept looking for transports and could not build one, despite having the technology ... Then I was told to just throw unit into the sea and transport appears after a long period of embarkment (nearly 2 hrs) ... Same situation with disembarkment ... Advise protecting large convoys with plane patrols, ground artillery, and/or warships ...

I agree ... But the 1939 map is a WW2 historical nostalgia map that tries to reflect the economic and military weaknesses of the various countries, and it attracts history buffs like me ...

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “I can also accept removal of trading units. But not removal of trading resources with players outside your coalition! That's a horrible perspective. ” I agree 100% with Hans on this one ... This silly change would be the equivalent in real life of telling NATO allies that they could not trade resources outside that coalition ... Thus, any NATO ally would not be able to trade resources with countries like China, India, Russia, Japan, and Brazil! ...

I agree with Pontus assessment, except about that anything in America is bad ... Just started playing a game with the US (allied with Canada and Brasil) and I got a good feeling about it. It's just that patience is required to develop IC's, infrastructure, and air bases ... The same applies to Brazil, with whom I won the first game in this 39 historical map in a coalition with Manchukuo and Turkey ...

• Disband Units

gusv - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Delby: “There is no way that it should be a 100% of the current condition. Production time is quite valuable in this game so it would have to account for that. Maybe a 60-70% resource return using the condition as a factor would be more reasonable. ” I agree with Delby ... Even a 50% return would be reasonable ... At NASA we decommissioned and refurbished a lot of old Apollo facilities and ground systems for use in Shuttle, resulting in great savings to the US taxpayer ... In one Shut…

I'm on my second game on the 39 historical map ... I won my first one as Brazil in coalition with Manchukuo and Turkey ... I'm approaching my second victory as Spain in coalition with Romania and Canada ... So, there is always a good chance of winning if you play well and get some decent playing allies ...

• In the last update a few hours ago, they were supposed to revert the default 'fire at will' (which shot not only at enemies, but also neutral countries) to the old mode of only firing at enemies. I'll also try to confirm this if I get the chance.