Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 50.

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Planes on patrol act every 15 minutes. To be competitive when engaged in an air superiority battle you often need to re-locate your plane's patrol bubble constantly so that they never reach their 15-minute "tick". (You also need to break large groups of planes up into many smaller groups with 5 of each plane type or less.) When your patrolling group attacks it's bad, because defending bombers in the competing groups have a big statistical advantage (plus you'll get attacked by any AA units in yo…

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from King Draza Mihajlovic: “"a smoking break can cost you" you do realize that you can play while smoking? ” Not while micro-managing air combat against a competitive opponent, that's for sure.

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from KingCongo: “And to test this is easy peesy and not expensive at all; as you come across small AI Bots stacks in your games just assign a single-type air unit stack to patrol over them; record your current HP/Morale of both stacks, then go get something to eat or watch a movie. ” Clearly. I've left fighters circling over a tank and come back hours later with both still at 100%. But it could have been simple luck/crappy shooting. It's not hard to test, I just haven't made it a priority.…

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

The speed round tests a few months ago were fun, but cost me a week's sleep (and probably 6 months off my life) :-/

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from KingCongo: “Just because a order says 'Patrol" does not mean that it is a CAP mission. In fact, in the CoW game that one order can easily be used for Recon/CAP/Superiority/Interdiction missions, and/or combinations of those missions. ” I am pretty sure this is incorrect. Fighters patrolling over an enemy ground target will not attack it unless given an attack order (unless this sometimes/inconsistently works - I have certainly observed it not working). It seems like you need to have T…

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from KingCongo: “Well, Happy Canada Day to you, too! Getting ready for another Yankees Win Their First War Fourth of July Weekend down here! xD ”

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from King Draza Mihajlovic: “IF that happened in call of war, it would cause a freaking war since units from 2 nations clashed with each other and i pointed that out in the post, you damn moron ” I appreciate your ripe sense of irony, if not your logic.

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from KingCongo: “This is clearly not about what n00bs want, but what you want. ” I want the game to be as high-quality as possible, if that's what you mean. Happy Canada Day long weekend!

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from King Draza Mihajlovic: “there is that one time that Russia violated Turkish airspace, the jet got shot down, and frankly, if you fly over someone's airspace, your plane will be shot down, and in Call of War, if damage gets caused by one side, it instantly declares war, so stop whining about "realism" and game mechanics. and man, newbies wont even know that they can scout with planes.....so why use them as a example? ” I appreciate the irony of you arguing with real-world examples (and…

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from KingCongo: “Citing real life situations to support your disagreement is flawed as this is not in any way even close to an accurate real world simulation. ” I was responding to people who were trying to claim that the change made it more realistic. IMO the opposite is true. And realism is important not just for the sense of immersion in the game, but moreso because it makes the game easier to learn. If submarines flew and were great at intercepting fighters, which were the best units f…

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from King Draza Mihajlovic: “-you cant attack a ROW country via scouting BECAUSE YOU ARE ALLIES.... ” His statement was "Patrol means attacking". I can attack a RoW neighbour with the attack button, but patrol does not in fact attack them.

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from King Draza Mihajlovic: “-if you leave your planes over someone's country, don't expect them to greet your pilots with tea or something, you must be retarded to actually leave your planes for hours to scout over the enemy territory, hell, your argument is invalid, because if i was a active player, and i seen that a random bastard is scouting over my country with planes, i'd gladly declare war on him and invade him, in other words, you're gonna piss everyone off if you're spying on them…

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from freezy: “But planes also do not automatically fly over to neighbours at peace to attack them. In the end you are giving the command for that if you send them on patrol, as patrol means attacking in the current code implementation. The same would happen if artilleries somehow got a patrol command and you would place it over neutral territory. ” "Patrol means attacking" - Not really... They don't attack when patrolling over someone who gave you Right of Way. If you want to attack them y…

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from freezy: “But planes also do not automatically fly over to neighbours at peace to attack them. In the end you are giving the command for that if you send them on patrol, as patrol means attacking in the current code implementation. The same would happen if artilleries somehow got a patrol command and you would place it over neutral territory. ” Artillery does not automatically start shooting across the border each hourly tick at neighbouring units who are in range, when at peace. If th…

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from freezy: “Regarding your bug report: I could not confirm it sadly. I tested it as follows: Having bombers and fithers patrol over a country with which I have right of way, while an enemy is located inside the patrol radius on that countries territory. The enemy was correctly damaged while I remained at right of way with the province owner. I tested it again with my planes being stationed in the country I have right of way with, still the same result, no war was triggered. If you have m…

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

Quote from VorlonFCW: “So Bytro you have taken a lot of flack over this change. I can't say as this one ruffles my feathers a lot, especially now that we understand it better. With ranging units like artillery I enjoy the fire control options that are available as a high command member. Is there a way to fiddle with the programming and utilize that same fire control code in the planes patrol mode? Then perhaps they could be set to "hold fire" and not inflict damage to ground on patrol, or return…

• Controlled Airspace

CityOfAngels - - News

I agree with the sentiment that recon should not trigger war automatically, and that it's silly for recon planes to do damage while at peace, so that is the problem that should have been fixed. Meanwhile I have a probably-related bug report in process - About the time of this change I had some tac bombers staging from an airfield belonging to an allied player (Right of Way) who had recently archived but was not AI yet. I attacked from the archived ally's airfield against some enemy tanks who wer…

• Battle Calculator

CityOfAngels - - General Discussions

Quote from Razzuria: “This is a pretty good idea. You should really try to market it to Bytro. Perhaps you can license it as an in-game feature that is built in to a popup battle calculator that shows off to the side every time someone picks the "attack" option and hovers their pointer over a chosen target. If they like the odds, they can release on the target. If they don't like the odds, they can either release and brave it or else return the pointer back to a "cancel" button which would deact…

• At least 2 full days for AI and human, is my vote. That way if someone joins late they don't get a country that is half-destroyed, and countries with particularly easy AI neighbours don't get a big advantage.

• It's up to you Mark, but I recommend that you add settings for a peace period (3 days?)