Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 27.

• Individual player League

Torpedo28000 - - Community Events

Firstly I would absolutely be in for an event like this. Quote from General Nightman: “How would this be done? Would there be different player levels? Is it ranked? What map would be used? ” I would assume a rank requirement then free ranks. Perhaps lvl 40? This is when players can join the frontline but perhaps others have thoughts, maybe lvl 50? I don't think there should be many categories like lvl 50-80, 80-100, 100-120 etc as if numbers is an issue, that would just create further numbers is…

• Quote from gusv: “Torpedo: On page 9 of your guide you show a detailed map of Cuba that even shows my home town (Ciego De Avila). I have only played in 7 games of CoW in the tutorial board and the map of Cuba is not that detailed. I was curious from what game map did that map of Cuba come from (e.g. World at War? America Home Front?). I may want to play in it sometime ... (-: ” American home front 50 player map :))

• Yes that makes sense and thanks for your response! I will add that army for army 4.

• Firstly thank you. I had actually initially had this army in there, but as its a guide for very new players thought it would be better to not include it as players may think bigger is better and go for it too early. Or focus on this stack when they think their economy is big, but really isn't large enough, or day 18 maybe the largest eco, so they go for it but is only just larger. While its def a good army, for the purpose of providing new players I think it may just be a little too advanced, pl…

• So I’ve seen lots of newer players asking how to attack, what troops are good, how to use those troops etc. Therefore to help those players I have created a guide on three different basic attack strategies that they can use in their first few games. This includes what troops to include, different situations to include or remove troops, how to use the stacks and strengths and limitations of each army type. Additionally I have linked some key and useful guides and provided a few tips and advice fo…

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

Torpedo28000 - - Off Topic

Allies who declare and start wars without even consulting you first... Especially when that ally is weaker than you!

• Attack Waves

Torpedo28000 - - Questions and Answers

Lvl 1 barracks increase unit construction speed by 25%. If you have the food id recommend building them in key production locations. I like to add inf to my Arty stacks for the 15 HP, AA and AT have 10 HP so if you only want the HP inf is better. When arty fires are arty. The stack with more fodder troops will win if both armies have equal research and arty levels. Additionally, against planes, the inf and AA can do alright.

• 60% of a map is very little. Especially when compared to you only needing 51% of the map for a solo win. A only 9% difference would make it hardly worth joining a coalition. If you cannot get that 70% then perhaps get new allies? Winning 70% of the map pretty much means you have killed all the other threats. But in my opinion, 60% still leaves 40% still alive, this isn't a enough to prove that one coalition is the dominant one.

• The reason it was removed was that for 25s, players continuously joined and chose large powerful nations (Germany, USSR, UK, USA etc) and it resulted in HUGE numbers of empty or partially full maps. Games larger than this had a similar issue and resulted in way to many unfilled maps, currently when one game fills, a new one is created. Quote from EZ Dolittle: “If you do not join them they do not clog up anything. ” That is exactly how they clog it up. If 50 players created the same map type, wou…

• Non-aggression pact

Torpedo28000 - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from JavierKing45: “Good afternoon. to be able to maintain a political relationship with a neighboring country AND replace the ceasefire, since it does not have much use. The betrayals of an ally can cost the game and ruin the good time, at this moment it is necessary to keep it as an enemy. They are one more burden for one and in many cases they take advantage and spy. The solution to this problem is to implement a non-aggression pact, for example, every time someone leaves a coalition, a…

• Quote from BMfox: “index.phpindex.php ” Bahahaha! Hahaha thats great LOL! Gotta love those with the big bark but no bite! Quote from BMfox: “In the 25 Historic it is just all handed out and it's my impression that players have the tendency to go into role patterns. ” On a more serious note, I completely agree and dislike how certain nations start off strong and others weak, I like even starting grounds. I also think players who want to RP is great if thats what they do to enjoy the game then awe…

• Attack Waves

I am not sure about that, I always have done stacks of 5 if I have 10 planes. I don't know about whether more stacks would increase the chance of better X factors but smaller stacks would have less HP so I would stick to the 5 stacks.

• Attack Waves

Attack with stacks of 5 tacts as that is the SBDE limit

• Dawn of the Patriot

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from atreas1: “Quote from BMfox: “For your information: I'm about to finish on day 8 with the American resistance. We entered the game with 4 Regulators: Mod Torpedo, SMod Eminem, ex Mod Crazy Pigeon eyes and me. The four of us might be a bit more skilled then the average player and we work well as a team but it is the proof that a team of 10 players that communicate in their chat and work together can win this map. ” To be fair, it is not "a bit more skilled" but "far and away more skille…

• Dawn of the Patriot

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from attacker101: “the map needs to be smaller. I am playing as Tanimora Coast and all my factories are in the West while my Front-lines are in the East. it is extremely long meaning that my troops have to travel huge distances to get to a target. even with tanks, it takes at least 12 hours, but regularly takes a full day. I ask for the map to be smaller to allow faster movement of troops. ” While this is true I think this happens in all games doesn't it? For example, if I play a nation in…

• Supremacy Map

I gave played that map once and won it. I would expand as normal early game, the key difference between this map and other maps is that only 1 can win it. So alliances are never going to last. Use this to your advantage, if two players attack you, remind them that only one can win it. This may cause them both to send in less troops as they don't want to have they "ally" losing less troops than them. Diplomacy in this map is important. In a more personal note, I never betray an ally, but as only …

• I am playing one game as the Rebels and we only need 65 more VP to win. Granted I joined with 3 other Regulators but it is indeed possible to win it. I think this team to choose is a good choice for players who want a challenge. Although perhaps an addition could be to warn/inform players before choosing that team that it will be tougher.

• Quote from FinnDaddy: “The event could have been good, and it was a good idea. I feel the map was not even thought out or tested at all though. I am playing three of them, and a friend is also. In all maps, the "rebels" are getting crushed due to the map setup. At least put all three teams touching each other equally. The other way to make it interesting would be to give more initial building to the patriots to simulate not yet getting totally beat down due to invasion, or free barracks in every…

• Dawn of the Patriot

Torpedo28000 - - News

I joined one as the American Resistance with 3 other player from Regulators, we need 300 VP to win so will probably over in a day or two. I enjoyed the map very much and enjoyed fighting the two fronts. I really liked how we started with high research so we could get good troops from day one, I will compare this to the 50vs50 event and thought it was a great addition. However, my biggest or only real criticism of this game was just how many players went inactive from day 1. We had 3 players in o…

• I think it is a very nice idea as there have been times I would like to show players a certain aspect and could be used to help players if they have a specific game question, but perhaps could be done by having an "invitation" by a single player which allows you to see what they can see? This means that the risk of players revealing information to other players in the game is a risk the players inviting them has but they cannot see from anyone else's perspective? Potentially they shouldn't be ab…