Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 604.

• FYI: no longer interested. Did not renew my 12 months HC for the 1st time in years and taking a break after the numerous bad changes to the game. The lack of constructive responses on how gameplay has been ruined (market, diplo, player interaction restrictions etc.) and might be improved again (or not), the now missing features which gave depth and challenge to the game etc. cause me to be deeply disappointed. The point being, that if I am now anyway severely restricted in what I can do, I might…

• The market is dead. I can't trade outside a coalition and I do not join a coalition often. My favorite fire setting (aggressive) is ruined and thus my main reason to have HC. In all my games I am short of steel. In all my games I have buy offers at 30/t ... for weeks. Unchanged. There is NO market trade. I am bored by logging into my three games once per day to give build orders. THE MARKET, FIRE SETTINGS AND DIPLO-TRADE CHANGES ARE SIMPLY BAD FOR THE GAMEPLAY!! If this is an attempt to make me …

• Market Overhaul

_Pontus_ - - News

The market is dead. I can't trade outside a coalition and I do not join a coalition often. My favorite fire setting (aggressive) is ruined and thus my main reason to have HC. In all my games I am short of steel. In all my games I have buy offers at 30/t ... for weeks. Unchanged. There is NO market trade. I am bored by logging into my three games once per day to give build orders. THE MARKET, FIRE SETTINGS AND DIPLO-TRADE CHANGES ARE SIMPLY BAD FOR THE GAMEPLAY!! If this is an attempt to make me …

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…&postID=177313#post177313 forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…alliance-world-cup-rules/ ” Bookmarked!!

• Market Overhaul

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from RogodeterSnowl: “I can accept (mostly) the premise that trading ground units may not have a secure historical footing ” If we should be able to trade troops again, pls don't ask for complications by distinguishing between 'this one yes, that one no'... After all, programming improvements seems difficult enough... BAck to historical correctness: Land lease to Russia... Thousands of convoys sailed from the UK to Arkhangelsk in Russia to bring them much needed weaponry. And many more exa…

• Quote from WayneBo: “due to high demand to maintain all the stored messages ” I always try to delete my messages ASAP, so they don;t have to be 'loaded' ... I guess. Not an expert though. I simply noticed that when I deleted all messages the whole thing seemingly went smoother/ And the more you delete, the faster the deleting goes, pointing to lag due to stored messages being reduced by deleting....I guess. But that doesn't make Gusv's remark less valid: reducing server load by reducing player i…

• Quote from EZ Dolittle: “6. Were there any particular problems with any of the scenario or game rules or sportsmanship in the game? ” Yes; the problem being I never heard of this event before Would surely have participated if I had.

• Quote from Alphared: “The other problem I see is one of resources. IF Bytro wants to tax the market AND prevent players from trading with other players, FORCING most players to rely on the resources they start with AND the resources they conquer.... then being limited to 25% of the resources you conquer FORCES a LIMIT on how far a player can develop their country AND military. MAKING for much longer games, some of which will have either no winner or AI winners (with Elite AI, because with NO INF…

• Here is my feedback: Quote from gusv: “Thanks freezy ... Here is my feedback request, Silly taxes and trade restrictions outside coalitions are killing this wonderful game! ... Go back to a tax free market without restrictions dependent on what coalition you belong to (that is what trade embargo is for) ... sad.png Thank you ... ” What Gusv said...

• Quote from freezy: “If you read my post again, you will notice that I no where mentioned a "CoW 1", but Supremacy 1. The game is currently still in a test phase, that is why we did not ramp up marketing yet. Technically you can play it already but officially it is not fully released yet. We will ramp up the player base in the coming months. As for your demands: I think we don't have to prove anything, as harsh as it may sound. We take actions which we believe are in the best interest of the game…

• Quote from WayneBo: “Supremacy 1 started on or about 5 September. Quote from _Pontus_: “the press release does not even contain a link to the game. ” Yes, a strange omission, indeed.the link is : supremacy1.com seems to have very few of the recent downgrades that CoW is suffering, however, there are so few players in games that I have tried, it is difficult to get trades going, or even simple conversations, for that matter. Most of the 20 player games I have joined start with only 2-6 players, a…

• Fire at will!

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from AK140: “Ok first TL;DR but i get the gist and noticed this little thing: Quote from freezy: “What we did not revert and also don't plan to revert is the "aggressive" setting. It will stay as it is now: You open fire on neutral and enemy units in sight (hence the word "aggressive"), the tooltip texts reflect that. ” Can it at least only be aggressive to "trade embargo" and "war" relations, possibly even "ceasefire"?This cause less hardships to those with "aggresive" setting, and a more…

• Market Overhaul

_Pontus_ - - News

Day 23 Some trade of supplies is now happening 34a98e25eab4e5ebd5597cbcc1ba8bcd.png But grain... or steel, oil and rares? Same buy orders since beginning of the game. Unchanged. Nothing going on! 29d99cef1b89d69d54afd8566ffc1809.png

• Which went almost unnoticed: according to Freezy the BAD CHANGES are apparently necessary because of the use of the same coding for 'CoW 1'... I went looking for CoW 1... There is no CoW 1... But there is a Supremacy 1. Found it in a press release on the Bytro website. Weird though that the loyal players of CoW did not get a message about this. Also weird: the press release does not even contain a link to the game. Edit: and though it seems to have been released in August, I can't find it anywhe…

• Elite AI for All

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from BeorntheBold: “What I learned: ” A day nothing learned, is a day wasted. But don't give away all your tactical secrets!

• Elite AI for All

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from Funnelroo: “it is obvious you must troll this forum and give wonderful advice. Inaccurate, but still wonderful. ” Inaccurate? Where is it inaccurate? I love to learn, so please enlighten me. What I already did learn: 1. AI gets no magic units 2. AI units move around the map 3. AI has production locations and can build even new ones 4. AI produces new units 5. AI does research 6. AI trades In short: AI does what humans do, but often better than the majority of human players and AI does…

• Quote from freezy: “Reasons for these changes were given plenty already by BMFox, thanks for that One of the most important reasons, which was not mentioned yet, is that these changes make it harder for multi accounters, wolf packers and account pushers. Of course the changes won't prevent it completely, but cheating that way is now a greater hassle and can't be done as effectively anymore. There would be much more drastic options to prevent it even more (e.g. removing trading completely like in…

• Elite AI for All

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from Funnelroo: “well since that province was taken by a loan enemy unit which then went on it's merry way, then around 24 hrs later I sent a unit to chase after it - low and behold another anti-air had materialised from nowhere and was in my path. There was no Industrial complex to build that unit. If you do not build an industrial complex you can not build a unit. I guess the AI being smarter means it does not need an Industrial complex. I look forward to the release of this new technolo…

• Elite AI for All

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from Funnelroo: “I find the AI unrealistic. Why should they be able to magic (what seems to be) an army in a province with no means of production. They also, do not seem to be affected by lack of resources too and will always find the ability to create an air defence unit out of thin air. Also why if you do not attack them, will they not accept an offer of peace - ever! or even trade with you. Still some work to be done here, I feel ” @Funnelroo, The fact that you did not see/discover the …

• Market Overhaul

_Pontus_ - - News

Quote from Citizenkane: “I was south USA. and a player in Europe was getting his butt kicked, so he moved his army out to sea and started trading it down to me. I used the army to counter attack and beat a player that had a large advantage at the time war broke out. ” This is not even historically incorrect: - Poland "was getting her butt kicked", so she moved ships and troops anyway possible down to the UK, where the UK added ships and crews to the Navy, formed Polish squadrons (playing their p…