Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 103.

• This game can compensate for military capacity in its time limitations and restrictions. If you are a loyal player than the option to spend gold can make an historically accurate game, that is of course, if it is between those nations involved at that time. When it comes to military capacity, yes, the game can be improved....good thread.

• I understood the sarcasm here, I decided to improve the thread content with advice and good strategy opinion.

• Quote from _Pontus_: “ 2. Only allow the human player to choose his country and let AI immediately take over (so no player can ruin his own game. The player now only has to log in to see the game unfold and needs to learn nothing because AI knows, can't ruin his country bc AI runs it for him, etc.) 3. Any country reaching the Top 3 in economy will be restricted from constructing any buildings, until its economy drops to nr. 4 (so no country has an advantage over another from building a better ec…

• The concept outlined in this thread is viable, if anything...a good idea and might see implementation...however, my initial comment shall stand...that naval movements will, or would...take bounty as necessary. Sir Francis Drake would agree.

• So this means doing a split force, more gaming concentration is involved and thus...will mean, less sleeping hours....very concerning. This game is turning to Full time job....next is sponserships......honestly...

• Quote from BeorntheBold: “In CoW it seems every ship has an unlimited supply range. Shouldn't a range limitation be programmed in, similar to aircraft needing airbases? Certainly some ship types (submarines come to mind) should have longer ranges than others. ” No. During such period in history, naval movements would cross oceans and take bounty as necessary.

• Has anyone noticed that the range situation concerned with artillery land forces is in need of further refinement. For example, I have here in the caption provided a battle involved with my artillery forces (Maranhao) and that these artillery units are bombing enemy forces at Tyler...so this is fine and well, however, there is a section of the enemies land units coming at my position and it is that my artillery does not continue making strike against those that come upon my position held. The ar…

• ok. So you cannot opt out of the game at your free will...Does this mean income?

• Quote from Phonie2: “All of your coalition allies have less then 10 provinces (but not combined) ” Does not leave much of an option for a comeback. Anything could happen and just that gaming gold can be used. Quote from Phonie2: “You have less then 10 provinces ” I would not play a game where if I were to lose down to 9 provinces then I am knocked out...Comebacks can be made...rookies exist and will try to make a successful team effort and many times I have observed as they are beaten by sol pla…

• Your best efforts....

• I agree...paratroopers should be at a lesser advantage when making advancement on cities.....SPLAT! I have already put through how units should be implemented early 2019....These format types are viable and will work on any COW map. There is no need for a big debacle of paratrooper useless unit here...it is just another condition of gamepley. PLEASE READ... Here is a list, of what I believe should be a introduced to alternative COW rounds. Please fell free to leave any feedback. MARINE: Requirem…

• That is what should and WILL make the game more interesting...already gaming patch is being configured to substantiate these attributes and let that be played....yes....this makes sense and I am willing to have a go at these doctrines on a standardised COW map.....alternative gameplay based on time period is the entire point to recreation and thus...modern strategy gaming.

• As far as uni trade off is concerned, the system seems to be adequate and am not one to be critical here, however I do think that unit trade should be limited to what military doctrine you are part of...meaning that you may only trade units with players of the same military standard....Soviet type, Axis type, Eastern type, Allied type.....this can balance the game one way or just simply...make it more interesting....please let me know how this system might appropriate.

• Good marcus... I see the value in your discrepancy type, we need to further refine this gamepley and make such strategy available to benefit all those who are strategy enthusiasts to this nature...thankyou Marcus for your input...much appreciative.

• Quote from Delby: “Of course this means you are the one starting the war, but in return, you get around 3 rounds extra of firing while he is disembarking. Would say that's quite well worth the reputation drop. ” Absolutely not worth it....on terms of strategy gaming this option needs dissemination and re configuration. I might also like to suggest a new fire control option..."coastal control"...any thoughts?

• No has not been set back to its original status....Fire control maintains a setting that means the aggressive fire control option will open fire on peaceful neighbours, otherwise nations that yours holds a peace setting with. Having said this it MUST be considered that some sort of a coastal limitations rule be applied so that naval & artillery defence options are not responsible for war declaration if a potential enemy draws to within your coastal limits. This is only common sense that if one i…

• Fire Control update needs removal or coastal rules apply. This is something that I have been meaning to mention for a while now. In my opinion the new fire control rules are not in the best interests of COW gaming, I am here to now make this a matter of interest to COW gaming and have decided to introduce a poll that I feel gamers and likewise strategists should sincerely consider. Should the current fire control updates be continual, then there needs to be further considerations made applicable…

• Quote from Marcos Sicilia: “ 3. How the war is going on I think that if we want an accuracy game, we have to see the history in all the views, even if are consider "inhumans", like the PoW's. When the Nazi Germany lead by Adolf Hitler, declared the war to Poland. How you think guys that the citizens felt?. Some ignoring, but the others ones was like, "Yeah, wow, we are the boss in Europe, nothing going to stop us now, etc...". Concreting, they felt good about do it. The citizen moral was high, e…

• Quote from maldrid: “Call of war needs to have more adverts and make the game more Basic ” I disagree, COW should remain complex and variable in its method making, being complex makes it a strategy game and that is what COW is; if anything the game needs to be modified so that tactics can further be elaborated by players, at the same time it may be explicated, so as to offer a medium approach to the conditions that a descent strategy game/map might be able to offer.

• Considered.