Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 24.

• Thanks the game is very boring without this previous features, i hope someday they will come back

• The game lost a lot from its value any chanche to bring this options back?

• Hello! In my previous thread i already shared my opinion about the last updates, now i 'd like to do the same about the following theme: Custom game vs. Auto generated games. Maybe not everyone on this forum played CoW a year ago, when players may have create custom games. Yes it had its ups and downs, but i think it was far better than now, the auto-generated era. Today if i play CoW i see that most of the players are just boring out from the maps. In a 100p map, i believe the 60% would just go…

• I am playing more than 2 years with CoW, and i realy liked playing with it. I still like the wars and tactics, but i realy liked roleplaying and play the diplomatic game. Every bad thing started with the limitation of creating games, the 25p map was the best for roleplaying, but the 22 and the 10p is good too, so it is not the biggest problem. The biggest problem that the game literaly force you to became high command member and pay for the game, if you are not paying, than you cant create any g…

• Civil casualites

Desert_fox98 - - Suggestions / Criticism

Its very good that the newspaper show us how many soldier did we and the enemy lost, also the newspaper does not give even a thing that what happen with the civilians. In the province information menu you coul find how many peoples live in that province, that number wont change even after a nucleal attack. Its a nice image that no civil die in the war, but unfortunately reality is cruel- the newspaper should represent the civil casualites as well than the military losses, also the population of …

• My opinion that paratroopers arent woth it at all, and i think the mass production of them wouldnt change this fact. The reason is why i hate them because they cant moove after the droop and literaly 1 tactical bomber can destroy it within a hour. And you have to wait ca 10 day to produce 5-6 of them. When they are done, you finaly can attack a strategic location with them to hold it for a short time until an enemy rocket or plane destroy them. Honestly i didnt seen any succesfull paratrooper at…

• According my experiences the newspaper become more important in every day between the players of any map. In a few cases the newspaper is not appropriate for the game. For example the players wants to vote about something and thye are just spamming the news by "yes" and "no" articles. I guess my idea would make the newspaper much more better. Polling function: the players of the given map can vote to the questions of the article Comment: The plaers can comment below each other articles, without …

• Nucleal disaster

if you disable the nuclear reactor, than you can prevent the disaster. Also the players should bulid their nucleal facilityes out of the enemy's range, or protect it with a lots of AA and counter espionage

• Nucleal disaster

Nucleal disasters are even more extremes, and the most unrealistic part of this game is the nucleal weapons. They should have destroy everything, but it would make them too OP. I just think the game should reflect the reality with this effect, to teach the players that a nucleal thing is a very very serious thing

• Formations

Well it is hard to describe the idea so i just tell it The artillery and ship units has the fire control option in the Orders Menu, what if every bracnh would get a similar ability? it can be named as "formation" or "tactic" like the followings: Infantry units (no AA and AT) - Entrenchment: give defensive bonus to the troops - Offense: give attack bonus (but lower than the entrenchment def. bonus) and the units moove 10%faster - Support: the armored forces in the same group would be 10% stronger…

• Nucleal disaster

Yes i just wached Chernobyl and in the game i destroyed one of my opponent Nucleal Reactor with sabotage, when i got the idea. If you use nucleal bomb/rocket, or your nucleal reactor gets damaged(by spyes, or weapon[the building damaged by more than 75%]) its effects should be much bigger. The nucleal disaster would have the following effects: - No manpower production in the province(where the disaster happened) - -50% manpower production in the neighbouring provinces - No production in the prov…

• Combat width

Many players, mostly amateurs, collect their army in one point and just sending it against the enemy. The game already has practical tools to ensure that such actions are not simply worth it. My idea would make it almost impossible, and also will improove the warfare in different terrains. So the idea is the following The terrains get a combat width number: for example in open fields the maximum number of fightin units would be 20, In forests 10, and in the mountains and cityes 5. The units over…

• I support you. the 25p world map was my favourite. Maybe it could be limited who can hosting bigger maps. Maybe over the 50th level could be allowed to create any new game

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “If you are looking for a way to increase the importance of a navy, I agree. This idea is much too vague though. What kind of advantage does it give? Do the ships have to stay on *any* dot on the line? Would it be possible to interrupt enemy shipping? What about landlocked countries? Etc etc. ” What kind of advantage does it give? It is increasing the production of your affected port(s). And you get some rerscoures from the trade route, depending how many % did you secu…

• My idea is to add something entirely new to the game: the trade routes. They would appear on the seas and oceans as lines between important ports. They would give a little boosr to the affected cityes, but the main function is to controll them with ships. More ships do you have one the trade route it will increase the benefits in your affected ports. Every trade route has a limit of 100%, and every ship on the route worth a certain % (for example a destroyer worth 0,5%, a cruiser 1% and a battle…

• Asian maps?

Its kind of strange, that there are no asian maps at all, like the ww kind of not happened there. All what we got is an 50p non historical pacific map, what (on my opinion) is not enough. The maps what i suggest: 1. non historical 10p map, like the road to war 1932 map in europe, with a playable japan, 2-4 chineese fraction, USA, UK, France, Netherlands, Australia, india 2. Histroic world war 1942(10p map): after pearl harbour 3. pacific theather(2p map) Japan vs. USA: only the japs isles and th…

• No i thought you can use multiple ones at once, but it doesnt worth it to use too much. Using too much modifyer can bankrupt you, or hurt your provinces morale. Also the modifyers can decrease the defenese ability of your country, so if you activate all economy boosting modifiers, you almost would be unable to produce units, which makes you a target of an enemys invasion. The point of the whole idea to balance your governance and keep your country stabile even in the times of war.

• i think it is a good idea, but i would suggest, that - The baltic states shall be non core provinces under the USSR - Second vienna award and the soviet ultimatum to romania ( dzungaria- bulgaria, bessarabia-ussr, north transylvania- hungary) - greece should be playable, becasue right in 1941 the balcan campaign starting and the AI wont stop italy

• My idea is to add a new menu point beside the diplomacy, news, coalitions, etc... : the domestic policy. In this menu the players could controll the nation with a lots of modifiers, for example: - extensive conscription (produce more manpower by 20%, decrease the morale in all provinces by - 5) - Civil economy (Boost the economy, decrease the manpower- and slow down the military production) - propaganda (Boost morale in the provinces at the cost of dayly 20.000 money) - war economy (speed up the…

• I am glad that you like some of my ideas, it means some of them could realy improove the game. Also the nazis tested a stealth bomber in 1945 the Horten Ho 229 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horten_Ho_229#Specifications_) but the allies had to understand the jet engine first, adn they started to experiment with the radar absorbent materials far later. Also in the game i always like to react for my opponents new tools, its the military innovation. If there is a radar, than there should be stealth…