Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 106.

• This is starting to look like a hybrid of CoN and Supremacy1, anyway this change is so radical will the old CoW be preserved somehow?

• What is Dear George?

AK140 - - General Discussions

"Dear George" and "Dearest Anna" seems to be written during the war, but in "Dearest Alexandra" it seems the war was already over. I'm not sure yet of what it may hint into.

• Fight Against Interceptor

AK140 - - Questions and Answers

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “So it would solve the problem if I destroyed all the airbase? ” Airbases are cheap and fast to build/repair, "if" you destroy all their airbases, they can still rebuild it. Maybe just destroy the planes with AA and SP-AA, or just win the war even with their air superiority. Be fast and stop them from producing more planes and units.

• What is Dear George?

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Quote from AK140: “Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Where did you find it? Can you provide me a link? ” The last time they wrote letters like this?Just scroll down in the news to 2016 till you find it, it can't be linked, only scrolled. ” You check those?!! ” I was there, i simply remembered it and re-checked lol. CoW is pretty much a slow game, i didn't noticed 3 years gone by so fast. For you lazy bums out there, there was actually a forum post about it forum.callofwar.com/i…

• What is Dear George?

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Where did you find it? Can you provide me a link? ” The last time they wrote letters like this? Just scroll down in the news to 2016 till you find it, it can't be linked, only scrolled.

• What is Dear George?

Ah, i remember the last time they write something like this, it was around late 2016, these letters were "hints" of a new map or feature, if i remember correctly it was about the 25 players 1939 historic map. I have some hopes that this current letter might be hint to the long delayed 260 players ultimate war map, although the chances of that are very low, and i would wait for more letters to reveal more hints.

• Fight Against Interceptor

AK140 - - Questions and Answers

Quote from BMfox: “Use a rocket to attack the airbase when they are refueling. You can check how long it takes for them to fly back and time your rocket launch. Interceptors by themselves will do very little damage. It's tactical bombers that are deadly. Against planes you use AA, interceptors and rockets. Read: Air Combat - Guide for dealing some (in)decent damage ” You can't actually check how long it takes for rocket to hit a target before it launches, you could technically calculate it, but …

• Fire at will!

AK140 - - News

Ok first TL;DR but i get the gist and noticed this little thing: Quote from freezy: “What we did not revert and also don't plan to revert is the "aggressive" setting. It will stay as it is now: You open fire on neutral and enemy units in sight (hence the word "aggressive"), the tooltip texts reflect that. ” Can it at least only be aggressive to "trade embargo" and "war" relations, possibly even "ceasefire"? This cause less hardships to those with "aggresive" setting, and a more realistic option.

• Quote from FaceOffTime: “Hi, I am experiencing the following problem: Game Number: gameID=2839318, 2836440 (seems unrelated to a particular map), playing in Chrome browser on a Win7 machine. Bug Description: When "Province List" is hidden, its TAB is always visible alright. When I open the province list and work with it, very soon (a single click in a line of the list does it, but some other event triggers it too) the tab will disappear. As the tab is the only tool to show/hide the "Province Lis…

• Fire at will!

AK140 - - News

Quote from _Pontus_: “No, of course not! What is the fun of battling all those inactives as normal AI? Just having to do that boring slaughter; not even getting kill-points; just to finish the bloody map...THE HORROR! Now with Elites, at least it will be a bit of game ánd you get points for your slaughter work. This is actually the only good change out of the recent ones, since Fire@Will ” Oh sorry wrong thread, thought this was the Elite AI one. Quote from _Pontus_: “Yet another unwanted war...…

• Fire at will!

AK140 - - News

I haven't been in the round where everything is replaced with Elite AI yet, (i have played elite AI before though), and goodness although the sources "might" be biased, doesn't everyone i hear basically dislike how elite AI replace normal AI on all rounds? I think normal AI should still be the norm, while elite AI is free, but have to be created.

• Market Overhaul

AK140 - - News

In short, CoW is going full on CoN

• Elite AI for All

AK140 - - News

This is a good idea, to have Elite AI as free but just making it as "default" to replace the "normal AI" is kinda too much. Just IMO anyway, when round became filled with inactive, it'll be an ever bigger pain to deal with them.

• Fire at will!

AK140 - - News

I know Bytro said it will take a while before they apply change again, but i'm just wondering if they still remember or have the intention to do so. There's some team game where you can't set RoW to everyone.

• Quote from Ozzone: “It's obvious that the game uses a distance value to calculate the time it takes something to go from point A to point B. Why don't you show that to us? That's intel that would have been readily available to commanders in the field during the war. We need to see more than just the ETA and Arrival Time. Those numbers will be more useful if we can also see the distance used to calculate it. I've played many games and this is the first one where an obvious piece of code should ha…

• Sandbox Gamemode

AK140 - - Suggestions / Criticism

I think this is better to have for pro roleplayers to do, letting them make a condition for good roleplaying stuff. Otherwise a little to costly to give to normal players, or even normal High Command members.

• For some reason i can't join my doomsday event map for several hours now, getting the error message: Source Code (14 lines) Or view them in "My Games" or "Archive" tab and got a different error message: Source Code (22 lines)

• Quote from hakijaa: “Look at it this way: A province from west Xinjiang that rebels will probably join Texas because when you go to the left from the province (if we say the map is a sphere) then the closest high morale country is Texas. Hope i helped. ” What about North and South of them? Also does it have to be highest average morale or territory with highest morale?

• So to be clear, this isn't about province morale, this is about when a province rebelled to join another country. Sometimes rebels choose to join country too far away or one that wouldn't make sense, for example in Pacific map a North American province far inland can join a Russian state, another example in the 25 historic map, French Madagascar usually rebelled to Turkey. Then tried to send economic sabotage spies to provoke a rebellion in provinces i've surrounded with prnt.sc/or3171 a case of…

• Event - Rush for Europe

Well ouch, i suggested a 6x speed as an experiment, yet don't think i have time for it lol. Is this kind of speed the border of an "idle Real Time Strategy" game with "Real Time Tactical" game? Just out of curiousity sake, would be nice to know theory of "game speed" and stuff.