Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 399.

• Individual player League

Edepedable - - Community Events

It would definitely peak my interest if an individual players league would return.

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Quote from Edepedable: “Infantry is just never a good investment for your manpower. So, making them cost more initial manpower when training them is not a good thing. ” Again, you continue to pretend that all other resources except manpower are free. It's like saying that infantry has infinite power-per-oil, because it has zero oil cost, so that it is infinitely better to build than tanks or planes. It is true, but also highly misleading. ” No I do not. Its just that t…

• Research Balancing Update

Edepedable - - News

Quote from Kanaris: “To the stubborn ones that will reply but the new research trees make more units available earlier on! Let me preempt you, had the primary objective of this research update been to make more units available sooner there was a much simpler way that was proposed by many, make more research slots available instead of only 2 ” To me it seems to be that before the update, having a lot of troops was prevented by the duration of research and the availability of research at certain t…

• Read my stats

Edepedable - - General Discussions

Quote from Kanaris: “Stats alone are meaningless. Unless I am in a match with you so I can see how you use your troops, only then I can understand the stats and exactly what they mean based on your habits, your short and long term objectives, your priorities and your understanding of game mechanics. Otherwise reading stats is as useful as tarot cards reading, makes you fun at parties but will not earn you that promotion at work... ” I agree with this up to a certain degree. I 100% agree that sta…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Hmm, kinda hard to describe the dynamics of a 100p map to someone who never played it... but I guess I' ll try.A 100p map has 4 core cities. I' ve upgraded IC' s to 5 there, infra to 1, two have barracks (2 and 3) and two have airfield-2. 5 resource provs are in the process of upgrading to infra-3. No other IC' s built in core. ” I think I played my last 100p map about 2 years ago. Quote from K.Rokossovski: “ That means I control about 7 former major' s territories, an…

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Damn, now you force me to answer even once again: Amounts of resources and manpower are almost the same on all maps. However there is a difference, because large maps last longer. A) You might say on the small maps there is no late game, only early and sometimes mid game. And as said earlier, manpower is more often the limiting factor in early game. B) On the other hand, on the small maps it plays a bigger role that almost all of your starting units are infantry. Due to…

• Read my stats

Edepedable - - General Discussions

Quote from Chimere: “There was a thread where people tried to analyze other people skill based on other people stats. That thread got closed, but I am curious to know how you would read this : imgur.com/a/I2OkM50 I will give the solution without "secret" after this. ” To add to some that has not been said yet: Checked your ranking and got your stat numbers. They look like this. You killed a total of 3556 enemy players units. Your carpet bomber achievement says you killed 1046 enemy units with ta…

• The way I see it building fortresses never makes sense. I never build them except later in game if I have plenty of resources and want tot control morale to move my capitol from my core. Early game I'd rather spend the metal on LT's that can actually move and form a defence wherever I want. The way I see it spending 3000 metal on a static defence is a bad idea. Especially since core provinces already give a 15% buff. For ease I count the other way, if I have 2 units somewhere with 55% damage red…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “This is from a 100p speed map I'm currently playing. It started last tuesday and is in day 16 now. Most continents aren' t consolidated, and only 2-3 nations have bridgeheads on a second. gyazo.com/5d1f6632985e72beec6c644e14daeeae 5d1f6632985e72beec6c644e14daeeae I rest my case. ” I am very unfamiliar with the dynamics of the 100p map, since I never play it. It could very well be the case that things are different there from what I am used to. I based my case mostly on…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “There several flaws in your reasoning. ” Yet you have not pointed at any. I understand what you are saying, though you seem to have missed my point. Its not just about the build up shedule an individual player has. Infantry costing to much initial manpower is a serious problem in there not being enough infantry around. Serious enough for Bytro to already have lowered requirements for the 5 infantry from 1500 to 1300. The high manpower cost for the 5 infantry type do no…

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Quote from Edepedable: “If any unit should be ''spammable'' it should be infantry. ” I very much like this sentence - well said & fully agreed!It's also true that my proposal buffs infantry only a bit. So let's reduce the food production costs of infantry even a bit more - here's my final version: ” Thanks, I think it makes sense if infantry would indeed be spamable up to a certain degree. Though without lowering their initial manpower cost, that will never happen. Its …

• Non-aggression pact

Edepedable - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Like... for example imagine the British government decided to backstab the French when they realized that France was about to get lost to the Germans. So they would take their troops based in Northern France to occupy Paris before the Germans could arrive there. Such backstabbing happens often in CoW - without any penalty for the fraudster. While in reality, it would have very badly decreased the morale of the British population. ” I did not write this, @Hans A. Pils wr…

Edepedable - - News

Quote from Kanaris: “Its worst than you think actually, all the strategy for what units to research and when, has gone out the window. Before researching units took a much longer time compared to now, so you had to plan very carefully to ensure you do not fall behind the curve for certain critical units. ” Its not worse, just different. A lot of counters are available much earlier to. Quote from Kanaris: “Now you can focus on a couple of units and leave the rest of your tech tree blank and resea…

• Quote from atreas1: “ The most obvious change, towards both realism and balancing, is to have rockets do friendly damage. Then the method of locking troops will be way more difficult. (Btw, yes of course I agree there is also a problem with the planes - but I believe the problem is in the mechanism of patrol rather than in the stats of the units.) ” I agree, I'm willing to go even a step further and say that this should also be the case with artillery. Though the main problem with rockets are th…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Manpower is just one of the resources needed. Tanks and planes are capped by other resources. And yeah, if you have relatively low manpower, higher tech units will still be the way to go. ” You just described the start of every map, manpower is the first thing you run out of. Oil upkeep is around 100 when a map starts, so the upkeep is not what will stop you from buildig tanks and planes. Lack of manpower will make every player start building planes and tanks when a ma…

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Reality: About 70% of all military in WW2 was from one of the four infantry types (militia, motorized, 4mechanized or regular infantry). For example compare 3 regular infantry with 1 artillery + 1 AT + 1 AA: Both are similarly useful and have practically the same production costs. But upkeep for the infantry is 60% higher. So why should I ever build infantry? ” I think you are missing something very important in your proposal. Your suggestion on making the 5 infantry ty…

• Fire at will!

Edepedable - - News

Don't mean to be late to the party, but I also see a lot of trouble with this update. I can now not just put my artillery near an AI country I want tot attack and go away for half a day without the artillery also shooting at the neigbouring AI that I did not want to attack. Also, there is no more snooping around the map with a couple of units sent of to sea since if they encounter a neutral vessel on the sea they attack each other. So you have to check on sailing units every couple of hours and …

• Non-aggression pact

Edepedable - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Effects: * Backstabbing would still be possible, but has a penalty. * Players could offer or request a two day peace guarantee in trade offers. Possibly not easy to implement, though . ” I'm sorry but I am still not a fan. The Germans breaking their agreements with the Soviet Union in WW2 did absolutely nothing to the moral of German people or their army. Quite sure some people were against it but I think it is safe to say that as many, if not more, people were motivate…

Edepedable - - News

Quote from ErwinSWE: “This game already feel more like WW3 than WW2 with all the rockets and nukes, I think it's a very bad decision to make them even easier to research. ” I really don't think its all that easy to be honest. the research tree used to be very predictable. I usually knew what opponents were researching around what day. I would do about the same. This is no longer true. What now stops me from doing research is lack of resources. Planning research is less of an issue, thats true. B…

• Quote from Kanaris: “I did not say I train infantry early game I said I build a grain fed army units that use up alot of grain in daily upkeep such as AA, ATGs, arty, etc. Infantry alone just like any other unit is useless but a combined arms approach its a very tough nut to crack even if its not mechanized. I am on my sixth game since this update was released and I said it before I will say it again you can no longer support grain fed armies due to this update until late game which is completel…