Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 51.

• Quote from Dunzell: “One of the things I'm most unhappy about is the 1 hour refueling time for planes, but most times it is 30 minutes. Most but not all times I go to a base for the first time it is 1 hour. When on auto-attack it was 30 minutes. And it doesn't seem to matter what level the base is, but I'm not sure. Does anyone have a clear understanding of this aspect of the game so we can comment properly. ” I don't 100% understand it as the numbers are not shown on the info but hopefully this…

• Call of War Quiz

Torpedo28000 - - Off Topic

Nice quiz, a little subjective in certain questions along with some answers being a little strange; What are the steps in solving an oil shortage? Disable Naval ports and Build/level up Naval Ports in oil provinces But overall very nicely done and an enjoyable quiz.

• This will be looking into some more economical/rss issues in 1.5 I haven't felt that troops are moving slower but yes the pace of the game feels WAY slower which maybe gives that feeling. Normally by day 8 I will be producing more than 4 units at a time. While sure it depends on the unit (arty I can spam the crap out of while planes are slower to produce) only 4 is really slow and now they also take 8+ hours to produce the game has slowed further, while day 3ish it began to speed up and felt qui…

• My apologies, I did not read it that way.

• Quote from Last Warrior: “Quote from Torpedo28000: “And did this player build up any troops/move his troops around? If you just look at troops stats you can see that in 1.5 infantry is better at defending comparatively to version 1. Im not denying what your saying, just not sure what your point is if your saying attacking early is too strong so 1.5 sucks when 1.5 defending is stronger. ” new SBDE make doomstacks possible, new short recruiting times and strong defensive stats, make you possible b…

• Quote from _Pontus_: “Day 7 as Romania...errr Greater Romania...or ... Very Great Romania? Day 6 I proclaimed I had won the map; today I confirm that is definitely so. Need to mop-up the points and some players, but that is it. Romania owns Yugo, Poland, Bulgaria, exactly half of Turkey and half of Greece. Now on the way to take the German possessions of Poland, tomorrow you can add Germany to the list. Might take Albania and remainders of Greece too. Resources very much okay now, though I still…

• And did this player build up any troops/move his troops around? If you just look at troops stats you can see that in 1.5 infantry is better at defending comparatively to version 1. Im not denying what your saying, just not sure what your point is if your saying attacking early is too strong so 1.5 sucks when 1.5 defending is stronger.

• Quote from MikiRaine: “Quote from _Pontus_: “Quote from Torpedo28000: “Quote from MikiRaine: “please add weather system in COW 1.5. I have no problem if the air units is OP but if we have weather system (air units cannot be deployed due to bad weather, ineffiecient tanks due to autumn rains, inefficient infantry units due to cold winter), maybe, just maybe, the game will improve much and the weather system will provide more variables for balancing... ” Personally I hope we never get weather or a…

• Quote from _Pontus_: “Quote from Torpedo28000: “rushes in this version will be less successful ” Wrong. Attackers only need to concentrate some forces and thus easily overpower any spread out defense. Did it before my Arty came out of the factories and wiped Yugo off of the map (well 90% of it) with 3 concentrated groups of the initially given troops. The immense benefit: - significantly increased manpower INSTANTLY - idem for resources, but starting moral of province ofc 25%, so instantly a goo…

• Quote from Sherman Firefly: “Feedback from the two 1.5 games that I'm playing (day 6): Likes: 1. Some units are more useful - motorised infantry, tank destroyers, destroyers can now bombard ground units. 2. faster construction time at lower levels. 3. faster combat resolution. 4. Separation of armaments and civilian construction facilities is a good idea but I'm unconvinced about the value of separate tank and ordnance facilities. HOWEVER ... faster construction/combat resolution means you need …

• Quote from MikiRaine: “please add weather system in COW 1.5. I have no problem if the air units is OP but if we have weather system (air units cannot be deployed due to bad weather, ineffiecient tanks due to autumn rains, inefficient infantry units due to cold winter), maybe, just maybe, the game will improve much and the weather system will provide more variables for balancing... ” Personally I hope we never get weather or anything like it, and if the devs are working on it they immediately can…

• There has been a LOT of discussions around AA and planes so here is my stance/take on it. I will be looking at it in a slightly different way so maybe this will change some minds/incentivise some new thinking. Enjoy the read lol I will firstly state that much of my thinking is based on hypotheticals in the 1.5 update as im yet to use planes much. But it is based off lots of game experience and testing in the current version. Is AA too strong? Are planes too weak? Well in this update I do think A…

• I sometimes use infantry with my artillery stacks. But armour is better for defence generally as it can defend better from infantry. However, if my enemy uses lots of AT/TD then I will use infantry as my HP fodder troop for artillery. Generally I don't however use infantry much, and use tanks for HP fodder and not for any offensive actions except maybe for taking land. But not for melee as they really tanks / no unit is great for melee compared to arty/planes.

• To continue my thread about early gameplay: So it is day 5 for my game now as Romania, I have the most provincesin the game (56) and had the strongest army day 4. I launched an attack into aplayer about 30 mins before the end of day 3 and so far have taken him out andalmost another player too. Casualties are the following: Ukraine - 34,650 Greater Romania - 589 And (thisplayer had previously taken a beating by another) Greater Romania - 134 Communist Russia - 2,812 This tome signifies that I pro…

• Possibly, I really have no idea on that sorry. I would however say that if enough interest for it came, it may come back.

• I believe the game was quite laggy and didnt continue because of that. Now I could be wrong but I used to play the 500 player maps in Supremacy1914. These maps became quite laggy towards the end and this would be especially worse in CoW given you started with 8 provinces in Supremacy1914 instead of the 22 we do in CoW. This would likely make the game simply too laggy to continue. But this is only a guess and hope it answers your question a little bit.

• Quote from EZ Dolittle: “Rather different to have no negatives to armored vehicles in urban areas. Is this correct or is this a bug? Seems to be correct given the way my level 2 light tanks are running over things. ” Infantry units now have a +50% bonus in urban so I believe the focus is now giving troops bonuses rather than making them weaker in different terrains.

• I like the concept of this update. I have told pretty much everyone that I believe this update could add some really good aspects to the game. Therefore, this is not an attack on the update at all but a way to make it better and CoW in general better, based off what I see has already been introduced. I believe attacking in CoW should be preferred on attacking being stronger than the defence. LT and planes have already begun to show this in 1.5 and as such am guessing this is the direction Bytro …

• Firstly, without playing much into the game yet (early days) I really like some of these new changes, a few of them are: The concept of highly differences in resource costs for different units. I think this will enable a larger variety in strategies with certain resources being focused for certain branches of troops. I like how early units take little time to build, not played late game to determine whether I like the longer times of more advanced troops. Troops not upgrading is something that I…

• Is SBDE still a thing for units? Or is it 20 of any troop is the max? And after 20 is it a slow decrease in efficiency or a flat 20 troops worth of damage even if you had 30 troops in that stack?