Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 679.

• Dev Diary #1: Call of War 1.5

freezy - - News

Quote from C88: “Their next event will provide more resources and they will may fix the transports ships ( being stronger then battleships) and thats it.. . ” I can assure you that we will do more than that. First off we will fix more things than you listed because there were more issues pointed out by the players, and we will work on solutions. This includes rebalancing of more things and will also include providing missing functionality (like unit upgrading). Secondly we will add more features…

• It is still beta testing Sound or graphical updates can also have bugs or may require more finetuning. No one said beta testing was only for testing gameplay features or balancing. There is also no rule that says that every single change has to get a pass from FP players. We will decide on a feature per feature basis how we test it and for how long. For 1.5 the decision was that we need testing on a massive scale, with a broad audience comprised of many different experience levels, and testing o…

• New Changes are BAD(Beta)

freezy - - Beta Feedback & Issues

This will be rebalanced in the next event. But yes, if you want to discuss 1.5 changes, please do it in a different thread, as this threads topic was something else On the topic of this thread: We are currently in the planning on making some adjustments in the favor of the players in the near future on some of the changes which were critized here earlier. You will read about it in the news (or here) once we have something to announce.

• The Travel time not being displayed while dragging gets fixed soon. We simply don't want to paint units above the roads at all times. It may be nice for experienced players to always see the exact pixel where a unit is but for new players it would look totally weird and everyone would ask why units are floating on the map. The idea that we only paint the unit above the road when you drag the unit would be a solution but thats a new feature. Making the little dot bigger and maybe also painting it…

• 1.5 a step to far!?!?!

By the way, a week ago I opened a thread about the latest changes made testable on beta (Link). I still don't see any feedback in the linked thread from people lamenting in this thread here that we should communicate changes to front pioneer more often, to receive constructive feedback from them. Just an observation.

• Quote from Chimere: “[snip] ” Thanks for the detailed feedback on all those topics, very helpful! I have to say we alredy planned to improve alot of points on your list in future iterations of the Event. On some of the points you made we got very contradictory feedback so far. Players have different tastes and we probably have to find a good compromise in the end, as we cannot fulfill all wishes of everyone. So while we probably don't change everything you listed, we will hopefully improve many …

• Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing

freezy - - News

Quote from 7thCircle: “I am fairly new to this game and its possible others have already commented on this. So apologies if this is just reiterating what someone might have already stated. Observations about 1.5 CoW so far: 1) Feels like air strategy (which is what I tend to prefer) is someone inhibited with the new changes. If you invest early on planes you will also have to invest early on lots of airstrips since your existing planes wont upgrade as you research level up nor will their ranges.…

• Suggesting on sound

freezy - - Suggestions / Criticism

If any of you is a frontline pioneer, I recommend checking out a beta game Or wait until end of November...

• Quote from Dunzell: “So far I think I like the changes to the buildings and economy, but I'm concerned that units will not have their level automatically upgraded as research is completed. With the rapid increase in unit capability through the levels, early levels will be quickly obsolete. I thought, so far so good, and then I tried a few attacks. I attacked a troop transport holding 5 level 1 units with 3 of my new level 1 Tac Bombers. Easy meat for bombers - no, the transport hardly damaged an…

• Quote from THEARBITER117: “THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!! This is perhaps one of my favorite updates in a long while, keep doing this!! Are there any plans to add animations to units as well? Such as propellers, trails, tire tracks, constant slow movement, AI battle sounds, faster battles(In this version not 1.5) ” Thanks, glad you like it! The plan is definitely to keep improving the graphical fidelity and make the battlefields more lively and realistic, but can't tell yet when it will come. Quote fro…

freezy - - News

Quote from Torpedo28000: “To continue my thread about early gameplay: So it is day 5 for my game now as Romania, I have the most provincesin the game (56) and had the strongest army day 4. I launched an attack into aplayer about 30 mins before the end of day 3 and so far have taken him out andalmost another player too. Casualties are the following: Ukraine - 34,650 Greater Romania - 589 And (thisplayer had previously taken a beating by another) Greater Romania - 134 Communist Russia - 2,812 This…

freezy - - News

Quote from nemuritor98: “So I think I asked the following question on the wrong thread and taking in count it seems this thread is more "general" regarding the whole Call of War 1.5 update, I'd like to ask the game designer(s): Are there any plans in improving Call of War outside of the playing field? Meaning: alliances, ranking, achievements, rewards, medals, ribbons, customization, profile, etc. ” There always were plans to improve the social aspects of the game and some social features nearly…

• 1.5 a step to far!?!?!

You are certainly right that beta is not used as effectively as it could be. We always try to improve communications with beta users. We usually make use of the ingame beta notifications to communicate important changes to beta users (you can look them up, there was one for most releases in the last months). Sometimes we forget about it, and this we certainly have to improve. For some features where we want to gather particular feedback, we also open feedback threads here in the forums, as I jus…

• We have new features on Beta to test. These features are part of our CoW 1.5 initiative, but because they are not affecting the gameplay, we will release them to live already after a short beta testing phase of 2 weeks. The live release will happen on 26th of November. Sound & Music We implemented sound effects and background music into the game, for more immersion. Have a listen and tell us if you feel that some sounds are too loud or too quiet or if you feel that certain sounds are missing, e.…

freezy - - News

Quote from blackdragon77: “I have a question about the research and leveling of units. would be nice if you could still spend resources to upgrade units built at lower levels in the new version 1.5 game. dont like the idea of stacks of units with different levels example infantry at three different levels. we lose a lot of fun from upgrading units for tactical advantages ” That is indeed an option that we think about implementing in future versions of the Event. Quote from blackdragon77: “I have…

freezy - - News

Quote from CityOfAngels: “Nono... Skill does factor in to tactics for sure, and those "close quarters battle mode" scenarios can be the best part of the game. Will he leave his artillery in the fort while my tanks crash in to it, or detach them and shoot from behind the fort's garrison? When he detaches will my besieging artillery get a chance to hit them without their meatshield? That's all great, but we could still have that without these counter-intuitive exploits. "Why play" is for fun, obvi…

• The map may come back some time when we improved its performance.

freezy - - News

Quote from C88: “My planes are getting shreed by 5 infranty and 2 ( i dunno the name in english ) armored car i guess? 5 lvl 2 strategic plane getting shreed by 7 units and its the same if i send tattics because tattics have more attack but way less HP so i would loose the same % of life.. are you really sure that air force is fine? because i can take out a world full of planes with just 1 stack of tanks and armored anti air. there is really no needs in making air units anymore if not scouting t…

freezy - - News

Quote from _Pontus_: “On unit balancing of ACs: In the old CoW you only quite recently - was it a year? maybe 1,5 years ago? - made ACs cool again. The dimw... errrm.... vast majority of players ofc did not understand their usefulness before and still not after they finally got some buffs. But even without the buffs, their speed is what made them a mighty little weapon, if applied correctly. It is not for nothing I have far more casualties in ACs compared to other troops; I built them a lot and,…

freezy - - News

Quote from _Pontus_: “It is problematic: a. that now the upgrades of units are totally unrealistic as well explained before in a post, stating that a regiment at max level is a 1000x more powerful than a the same regiment at level 1, spanning a period of max 8 years (1938 to 1945). Unrealistic and historically incorrect. b. that now a new building is required for every separate purpose, while a short while ago it was hailed by all players (that bothered to notice) that Infra got an extra effect,…