Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 280.

• By the way, probably Chimere's point is right there better shouldn't be any offense ground melee units at all (except Commandos). And all in all of course I hold my point best to revert all changes done by CoW1.5 to unit values; revert progression in production time, costs and building requirements; revert SBDE change but instead make CoW1.0 SBDE limits more strict. Or - if you want to make your life more simple: Return to developing CoW1.0 and merge into it only: * Units no longer upgrading aut…

• I sense a tiny bit of irony in @vonlettowvorbecks last post. If you allow me to translate what he (and I, and @CityOfAngels, and - in a way - @Chimere, and a number of others) said: The offensive character of motorized infantry is cobblers. I have more to support that statement, answering: Quote from freezy: “If we turn nearly every Inf into a defense unit, there is not much variety or options for players focusing on the Inf branch. ” In other words, it's your intention to make it a viable strat…

• Release Notes - 2019-11-27

Hans A. Pils - - News

OK freezy, thanks; agree with everything you wrote. Except that I don't like the white outlines in the army bar images. They don't look like a glow. But well, maybe that nevertheless is a matter of taste.

• I'm still extremely unhappy with the plan to give many units offensive/defensive focus just for the sake of a clearer distinction. I read from freezy's posts two arguments why that shall be done: 1.: More tactical maneuvers. True, but that will be unrealistic / weird maneuvers. Also having the option to gain advantage from tactical movements will require players to be online more often, which isn't necessarily positive. 2.: Giving players an incentive to research a broader variety of units, thus…

• Sure, and @Landferd Binnyworth had well understood that. That's what he was criticizing. But I don't see how Elite AI harms RP(?) In my opinion, having Elite AI in all games is now already an improvement and has the potential to become a great improvement if the popularity system is still fine-tuned a little. Also makes it easier for devs they now have to do maintenance or feature changes for AI only on one AI and not on two any more. But I so far never joined a true RP game, so maybe I just don…

• Quote from Landferd Binnyworth: “all be optional ” Nice dream, but everyone who knows a bit about software development knows that's impossible. But @vonlettowvorbeck is right that Bytro shouldn't try to make every of their games a compromise for both major player groups: A) People for whom action and gameplay are all important, mostly using smartphones. B) People who favour depth in strategy, player interaction and historical accuracy - mostly using desktop version at least when being at home an…

Hans A. Pils - - News

Example for the army positioning system not working that well yet: Enhanced graphics:forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…0ef1a627b6a4b16e24041f029 The middle railraoad gun is selected. But where is it located? Might be somewhere on the plains, bu might also be 30 kilometers further to the east, in the city. And where are the commandos? You can spend a good time guessing (resolution: They're in the city centre.)... Precisely same scene with enhanced graphics switched off - there you know where things …

Hans A. Pils - - News

Quote from gusv: “Considering the controversial 1.5 and the previous upgrade that added taxes and killed trade, this upgrade is like mana falling out of heaven ” Totally agree with you this one is not a show-stopper like the two you mentioned. Whether that may be considered as a compliment is a different question . Anyhow, my first impression is that this update actually is an improvement: * Quite sure the changes on popularity calculation are positive. * Sound I don't care. As long as it doesn'…

Hans A. Pils - - News

Speaking of desktop version: @C88 is right the red dot now is gone even more often than it was before this update. Is it difficult to display the red dot always for both the selected unit as well as the highlighted unit (mouseover)? If not, then that has to be done. The way it is now, you have to switch off the enhanced graphics too often to be able to operate your units properly. P.S.: I read in another thread about the idea to change the colour of the red dot to the colour of the respective na…

• Quote from WayneBo: “SBDE for warplanes is meaningless, due to overlapping patrols. ” ?? If you split a stack of planes into two stacks patrolling over the same spot, they will receive two times defensive fire each 15 minutes from enemies within their patrol circle. While doing the same attack damage as the larger stack would have done... as long as the number of planes of specific type in that larger stack doesn't exceed the SBDE limit of (currently) 5 planes. So SBDE for planes makes an essent…

• Once again quoting: Quote from BMfox: “3rd don't skip steps in the diplomacy. If you are at peace, always give trade embargo first and declare war 24 hours later. ” After thinking about this some more, I'm sure that implementing this penalty can't be all that hard. Well, you would need a new table in the database storing which country degraded it's relation with which other country when for the last time. Columns: * Nation that did the degradation step. * Nation towards which the relation was de…

• Lets Talk Feedback

Hans A. Pils - - News

OK. Well yes, I agree with you and Restrisiko it's a good penalty. But really not an important one. That's why I was promoting we better swallow this small compromise that's simplifying the game in order to make it more playable for "blessed" action-clicker / mobile / whatsoever players and raise our voice only when features are removed that are important for the strategic or diplomatic depth of the game.

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “You must at least declare war or surprise attack. That itself will lower your popularity. ” Yes - unless you attack a nation that already is unpopular. I consider that to be correctly implemented. There must be a trade-off between a) playing aggressively against no matter whom (doing the Hitler) and thus taking advantage from attacking whatever neighbour that fits your expansion plans or b) playing advisedly and attacking only seldomly / only above expansionists. Playin…

• Also note that with the above progression values, each unit would have it's charme: * Dragged units: Low research costs. * Infantry: Low upgrade costs. * Armour: Speed and HP progression, but also high upgrade and research costs. * Airforce: Speed & range progression and a heavy damage output progression, but also high upgrade and research costs. P.S.: I did not by mistake give airforce the most attractive progression - it should play a stronger role in late game than it does in early game... be…

• Quote from GaiusUltima: “we want to continue with CoW 1.5 because we believe in it. ” In my opinion, this is not the right decision - I would rather invest effort in building a good CoW 1.1. But now that this is decided, I'll also focus on ideas how to improve 1.5. First of all, about the improvements research does to units, I suggest the following: * * damage vs ground * damage vs air * HP * speed * upgrade costs * research costs * SBDE limit * AA * +200% * +300% * +25% * +0% * medium * low * 4…

• Lets Talk Feedback

Hans A. Pils - - News

That's right, but since the penalty can be avoided so very easily (by declaring war just one second before firing the first grenade), it quite fails that purpose.

• Quote from BMfox: “3rd don't skip steps in the diplomacy. If you are at peace, always give trade embargo first and declare war 24 hours later. ” That's a pity if this one really doesn't exist. Which I assume is the truth, unfortunately (because that couldn't be an easy implementation). I had that rule in mind during my current game and that made everything a lot more interesting - was good for a lot of challenging strategic decisions. So in case such a rule can be implemented easily, it would be…

• Lets Talk Feedback

Hans A. Pils - - News

Freezy, that was totally my misunderstanding; sorry!! I thought what you were going to remove now was rule "don't skip steps in the diplomacy. If you are at peace, always give trade embargo first and declare war 24 hours later." (as posted in --> this thread <--). Now I see that only the penalty for starting a war without declaration is going to be removed. That's OK - that one can go.

• Lets Talk Feedback

Hans A. Pils - - News

Quote from Arcorian: “With a future update players will no longer lose popularity with the Elite AI when a country declares war on them. ” thumbup.png thumbup.png thumbup.png thumbup.png That's very good, logically. Quote from Arcorian: “We also decided to remove the extra popularity penalty for surprise attacks. ” thumbdown.png thumbdown.png Whaat? This is a very good penalty. Almost genious. Penalty for setting your relationship to another country 2 steps to the worse within 24 hours is the be…

• Build industry. This is not one of the threads for discussing CoW 1.5, by the way.