Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 324.

• Resource Trading Returns

gusv - - News

Quote from NoodleBurger: “Let's hope that trading armies returns too in following updates. ” In the event that the trading armies feature return, I would not mind the restriction here to limit this to coalition allies only ... The only time that I used this feature extensively was on a game in the 39 map, where by mid-game my Manchurian ally was cash rich (took over most of Siberian Russia) but resource poor. So, I recall selling him 1-2 LT's per day to strengthen his army ...

• Phone vs Computer

gusv - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from EZ Dolittle: “On the phone when you go to the market the top of the screen displays your current stockpiles, not on the computer. ” Not true in my computer ... I get display of current stockpile in mine all the time ... Sounds like a bug ... You may want to reload /re-start computer/browser/game ... Or reset from Bytro server ...

• Diplomacy auto changed

gusv - - Bug Reports and Issues

You may want to switch your side of the diplomatic tab from RoW to peace ... So can your neighbor ...

• My only 'beef' with texting is at the diplomatic tab messaging ... If I want to modify a small 3 sentence paragraph and want to add/modify something in the middle of the paragraph, the cursor will occasionally skip to the end ...

• Resource Trading Returns

gusv - - News

Quote from Arcorian: “Therefore we will enable resource trading between all players in a game round with our next release again. ” About time! ... Hip hip hooray! ...

• Water supply/resource idea

gusv - - Questions and Answers

Would a movement penalty be implemented for river crossing? ...

• Looking For Peace Players

gusv - - Find Co-players

Quote from Zippofish: “So what happens if all of the active players have destroyed all of the non active players and AI nations ” Obviously, at that point, I would expect the active players/coalitions to go at each other until somebody has enough points to win. Hopefully, the game (typically 35 days or less in my experience) will not last a year or two- which is a possibility.

• Quote from YitanTribal: “but you have to deal with the tedious to reach 70% of the map control as coalision ” It's a tedious task (and boring) to reach 70% of the map as a coalition ... I was hoping that they would lower that a bit- perhaps 65%, where the winning coalition still controls about twice as much as everybody else put together ...

• Stuck troops

gusv - - Bug Reports and Issues

I have also had a problem with either stuck, and sometimes troops going invisible. A game, and or browser, re-load or re-start on the user end may also work ...

• giving sea resources

gusv - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from BeorntheBold: “The main resources obtained from the sea are fish (including whaling, etc.) ” Fish has been a source for food for several millennia in many countries thru the world (China, Indonesia, India, Vietnam, US, Russia, Japan, Philippines, Peru, etc.) and it should be considered as a future addition to the game. Years ago, I used to play Civ 2 and it had this feature ...

• Quote from OneNutSquirrel: “I've not had any difficulty wiping out an opponents who failed to use Air Power in their unit mix. ” Agree ... My unit mix would be approximately 80% ground units (LT's, Infantry, Artillery, etc.), 10% Navy (about 1/2 destroyers, 1/2 capital ships) and 10% air units (60% bombers, 40% fighters) ...

• Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing

gusv - - News

It looks like somebody, with a lot of free time in their hands, was trying to bust our chops! ... This individual posted 90 times in Chinese across various threads a few hrs ago! ... Apparently he was blocked by the forum administrator and all his posts deleted- including the one with a pic of a sensuous woman ... smiley36.gif

• Quote from EZ Dolittle: “Looks like France is in a world of hurt. ” Agree ... Here is another shot at trying to get a more representative and/or balanced ('Europe- Road to War Map')- just using geography, not politics ... Western bloc: USA UK France Spain Sweden Eastern bloc: Soviet Union Germany Italy Turkey Yugoslavia

• Looking For Peace Players

gusv - - Find Co-players

At the beginning of the game it may be hard to avoid getting into a war, since all players are active ... Traditionally at the end of the game, when there may be only 4-5 active players, I try not to engage in war other active players- unless they have a large stack of umpteen units heading for me ... And I agree that game developer should give bigger gold rewards at end of game- to encourage people to stay until the end ...

• Release Notes - 2019-11-27

gusv - - News

Been using some RR Guns ... If you reduce the size to half of what it currently is, I think everybody could still see them ... In the current size, they sometimes hide the image of other nearby units ...

• Quote from YitanTribal: “Making the payment game would not fix this situation, which would end up eliminating a good portion of the players. ” It may eliminate players that want to play for free and likely to abandon the game halfway thru it as they run into trouble- either militarily or for lack of resources for their armies ... From my interaction with other players they occasionally use small amounts of gold (e.g. buy small package of 13,000 gold for $4.99) to acquire resources or speed up pr…

• Quote from KrestelGaming: “Gusv, not everybody wants to spend money on a free game ” True ... But it would stop been a 'nearly free' game if nobody spent gold on it ... Software programmers normally get paid $50,000-$100,000 in most developed countries (e.g. US, Germany et al) ... I don't think that they want to sell their house and car and move to a park bench so that we can play for free ...

• Favorite Country in 100 player map

gusv - - Off Topic

Since earlier this year, when I was introduced to CoW, I have played all my games in the low maps- first seven in the tutorial, and a few others in the 39 historical map. After the holidays, I was thinking of starting to play in the 100-player map- perhaps pretend I'm Churchill in the UK, or pick Spain or some Latin American country because of my heritage. My question, to those that have played in that map, is what is your favorite country in the 100 player map? ...

• Agree that the game you show looks unchallenging to the leader- and reaching winning conditions will be as fun as watching paint dry ... Normally I buy a gold package at the beginning of the game to get production going faster. If everybody did the same for these CoW games that typically last over 30 days, may be the developer would have a one time gold entry fee (I suggest $4.99 package for 13,000). Thus only serious players would join (only exception could be tutorial map for newbies). Compare…

• True. They turn to convoys ... This happened to me more than once on my first game in CoW ...