Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 95.

• Terminating Units

dw98 - - Suggestions / Criticism

typically during wartime units are rarely disbanded or deactivated. 'Broken' units are sent tot he rear for refitting.

• Terminating Units

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “The solution is to send them to the front without attacking. That will terminate it ” It is really that simple - woosh! Send them to me Vamaw - I will help you.

• Quote from BMfox: “There are no useless troops, only inflexible players. Every unit has its function, you just need to know when to use it and when not. ” The Art of War.

• I just finished a 1939 Blitz as Germany - I attacked Poland (what would you expect Germany to do) from that point on EVERY AI country started a trade embargo. I didnt have to Declare War for the rest of the game. No sooner did I finish or almost finish killing a country ANOTHER AI declared war on me. It was a bit ridiculous and rather annoying. No Coals so I couldn't trade with another human. The Market was almost bare for the entire game. With the recent changes in this game I dont think I will…

• Repair Stations/Hospitals

Quote from Elite Canuck: “The free repair is pathetic just today I saw a 2 fighter stack that was at 83% get "repaired" to 85% ” The convoy with spare parts was attacked on the way to the airfield. The Supply Officer ordered the wrong parts. 'Stuff' happens in real life. You dont always get what you want. Its a game - get over it. When your unit goes RED move it off the lines to the rear and let it recover. Units dont go back to 100% overnight. If you don't have Replacements/Reinforcements being…

• Fire at will!

dw98 - - News

I sometimes think Bytro makes changes like this just to see who is really paying attention.

• Seems best use would be to push into enemy territory killing everything in the path and destroying cities. you'll have 2 options - 1. continue without holding territory - a smart enemy will just recapture behind you if they can. 2. hold the territory - which means your stack will bleed (get smaller as you leave units behind) to hold the ground you just captured. Things to consider is the strength of the enemy forces in the area. Usually with a Doomstack like that a smart enemy will gather forces…

• Fire at will!

dw98 - - News

So now you can park a RR gun on a coastline and it will bombard any neutral surface unit passing within range?

• That was perfect opener!

dw98 - - General Discussions

This thread has some terrific analysis on game play. Very close to real life. When going into a conflict a key piece of intell is 'with whom am I fighting against'. During the American Civil War the Generals always wanted to know who they were fighting against and would adjust their battle plan accordingly. MY one question is 'what was the original purpose of this thread'? I am obviously missing something here.

• VorlonFCW - "This is a bug with this and the 4 player med map also currently. No units for anyone, so it will slow down the early game a bit." I'd say so - I am in a Biltz 39 w/o units too. Don't delete - FIGHT ON! No one on the map has units (I joined a Coal and it confirmed and none of us have any). Everyone is starting on equal grounds - CHARGE!!!!

• Paratrooper Reload

First game of producing paras. So far I have found them not worth it.

• I won an Antarctica map using a bunch of RRG. I was a huge plus shooting long distance. I'm in the Pacific - Borneo - RRGs encased in Concrete bunkers with Naval Bombers. Molon Labe Remember what the WWII Russian Generals said about 'Indirect Fire' - Quantity has a Quality all of its own.

• Quote from MYSTIC_FOX: “First has to do with embarking/ disembarking times. commandos to railguns have the same times. It seems like commandos and infantey should have the shortest time, and heavy units a longer time. This would be more realistic. ” Never thought about this but this is very appropriate.

• Correct! if they are not building / attacking / moving - they are most likely going Inactive.

• There is one benefit - if you catch the players going inactive you can spend 1-2 days, sometimes, taking territory and crushing his units which give you better stats than against AI. You'll know when you attack if he doesnt respond he is going AI - Feeding Frenzy!! forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…3e525a616b11541665a0099e1

• The main point is everyone plays the game with their OWN style. I can drop on the backside of someones territory - grab a lvl 5 IC - build a barracks and start spitting out Militia like newborns in low-income housing. How many Militia can be produced in the time it takes to build an Infantry! Imma gonna spawn like roaches march them into the woods and with some AT create havoc.

• Quote from bigboss_ironfist: “Yes they are similar, these are light mobile infantry based units, small and light weapon equipped.... ” Sorry - I served with the US RANGERS - they are NOTHING like the vehicle you show. They are Infantry, dont confuse a US Army Ranger with some vehicle you found on the internet. Quote from bigboss_ironfist: “As for the national Gaurd unit...COW 1942 is an international gaming strategy, WW2 was an international war encompassing many nations and many cultures. ” You…

• Quote from bigboss_ironfist: “Rangers are redundant??? How does this happen..... Think of the ranger unit, as a steroid boost to the already unpopular motorised infantry. ” If you are talking US Rangers - they are nothing like or even close to motorised infantry. As far as the GUARD you should make the US National Guards like this: 2/3 strength and half the speed of infantry double the training time and 3x the amount of food

• Quote from BMfox: “Don't produce or invest in armored vehicles because they are weak. Go for the tanks. ” Point of order - a TANK is an armored vehicle. I'm sure you meant Armored Cars. Also - you missed the absolute very first step in Construction! Build BARRACKS in every Core territory that has an Industry Center. They will provide a 10% increase in manpower production and 25% increase in unit production speed.

• “He will win who knows when to fight and when not to fight.” – Sun Tzu