Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 913.

• Immortal convoy

DxC - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from PrinceofHonor: “What is the username? I see no tickets listed with your forum username. ” Not tellin, cause that's my coalition member and I'm bombing it with RRGs

• Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing

DxC - - News

Quote from CityOfAngels: “One artillery barrage doesn't wipe out a whole division of troops, it reduces the effectiveness of all the divisions along that front. ” Yea, when a "unit" "dies" it doesn't really die. It's HP (imaginary soldiers etc) are redistributed to other divisions. So for those for which realism is important, it's not a question of when they die, but when the division is disolved and redistributed to other nearby divisions. I like the new method because it adds some depth/comple…

DxC - - News

Quote from vonlettowvorbeck: “My fear is that the lack of attraction of COW 1.5 is in its fundaments. ” You mentioned fundamentals several times, but you never defined what you mean by that. What exactly are you refereing to?

DxC - - News

Quote from Tin Military: “you could'nt be more wrong as the "chaos" factor after two opposing forces meet and whats left after that fact is whats dictates any commanders next strategy and tactic as in real life as in the great grand strategy ” I guess this boils down to personal preference. Randomness is a big factor in real life and having to account for it in the game does add levels of complexity. However, I feel there is already a lot of randomness and unknowns in your opponents behavior. Tr…

DxC - - News

Quote from OneNutSquirrel: “Somebody got issues.. ” Hey man. When something big like this comes out everyone has opinions. Some make more sense than others. But numbers do matter whether you like it or not.

DxC - - News

Quote from CzarHelllios: “The best feedback could be gotten by setting up proper league games with some of the more experienced players and alliance matches, in combination with specific testing rounds. ” That would be a good way to find bugs and hear a lot of anguish, but we are the top 5% or so so we're not top priority, rightly so. They are getting good data by collecting it from these basic games.

• Immortal convoy

DxC - - Bug Reports and Issues

for the record: prnt.sc/pzpo7s I did send bug report.

DxC - - News

Quote from WayneBo: “Observation: Three CoW1.5 games, 30k plus rares on hand, one of them 70k rares. All three short on manpower. Suggestions: Switch some (if not all) of the research manpower costs back to rares. ” Wayne. I think the manpower (MP)/rare can be easily fixed. It's actually not that bad for me but I am limited by MP and I have a very strong economy. That said, I wonder if it should be "fixed". Such a resource limitation provides a great oportunity for precision strategy. Make the w…

DxC - - News

Quote from vonlettowvorbeck: “Unfortunately, COW 1.5 does not seem to be that kind of game. There is something wrong with it, be it lack of choice, mechanics, battle resolution, mismatching speeds of processes, realism of units and battle or who knows what. But I clearly sense something is 'off'. Something is 'off'; like when you open the fridge and smell something, but you don't know yet what it is. But you do know immediately something is 'off'. ” I haven't played for a long time, but I get th…

DxC - - News

Quote from Citizenkane: “How is it realistic that troops only die off after 50%. In real war if I start attacking another army people die when they die, not after some magical amount of damage is done. If a tank is blown up it is done, it doesn't continue to fight because other tanks around it are not damaged. What most bothers me about this particular change to game mechanics is that it reduces the "chaos" factor in COW. My playing experience is heightened by not knowing exactly how a battle wi…

• Dev Diary #1: Call of War 1.5

DxC - - News

Quote from C88: “in this case i expect too much from the game designers that i suppose should know the game they make but ,every comment they do, makes me feel like i know better then them their game...So i get carried away. ” I hear you man, but consider this: A: they are not your parents and throwing a temper tandrum will not make it more likely to get what you want B: they are just human people that have a job and I suspect are doing the best they can for the most part. C: if we are nicer and…

• Dev Diary #1: Call of War 1.5

DxC - - News

Quote from C88: “its just a waste of my time to try to give some feedback to those sheeps.. ” Hey bud. You obviously care about the issue, but calling people sheep or any other derogatory term isn't gonna help people see your ideas. I think a number of us are trying to figure out 1.5. I'd say keep posting your findings and cut the hate.

DxC - - News

Quote from f118: “they "begin" to die after 50% hp reached, there is a chance to kill some units from stack with under 50% hp. Some times i killed 1 or 2 untis, sometimes not. After reaching 20% they die qwicklier. After 10% almoast for sure. ” So you think there is a weighted randomness to when they die? Interesting. Anyone else observed this?

DxC - - News

Quote from Alphared: “I am talking about not understanding the centralization flaw and it's repercussions ” Alpha, you may be right that the consolidation of resource production could present an inbalanced vulterability to countries. The gist of my Devil's advocasy is that hypotheses are for testing, not defending, attacking, or promoting.

DxC - - News

Quote from Alphared: “And unfortunately, a valid one. There is no need to go for an attack set on "overkill". It simply needs to be successful, and the city held. It is the key resource... you can't build anything without it and it will be demoralizing (unlike, say rare). ” That's true in 1.0 also. If you lose a city early you are hurting. Some may read these ideas and decide to try it but that doesn't make it a good idea, and I doubt it's gonna be what people tend to do.

DxC - - News

Quote from CzarHelllios: “I see. Resource shortages and Air nerfs, AC/AT/Art/Infa/Subs over Infa/LT/TAC/INT/DessieorSubs?. Definitely more viable and solid. Which funny enough, SP1914 was Infantry/AC/Artillery early game, with Battleship spam. ” I have not had issues with resources from around day 3-4 on. Manpower is still the limiting factor but I can still keep troop production on 24/7 in my production provs and still have enough manpower to slip in a building and research. I do have an extrem…

DxC - - News

Quote from OneNutSquirrel: “Not a single unit had been killed. I believe they will start dropping when under 50%...? This is not making much sense to me... As units got severely damaged, they would be merged into full strength units. ” They don't die under 50%, more like 20%. This basically makes the stack on either side stronger/last longer, but it's a 30 minute tic and my impression is that battles do not take as long, but I haven't killed/seen a large stack yet. This, in particualar, isn't a …

DxC - - News

Quote from CzarHelllios: “Regular old style strategies of trying to build up Tacs to cover your territories isn't as viable, though it seems Shoot n Scoot/Artillery is a lot more viable. More Supremacy, less CoW applies here in general playstyle. ” I'm using a similar but modified style relitive to normal game. Spamming arty like usual, instead of AA spamming AC. Also a fair amount of AT just in case. Sub spam taking out BBs. Spamming RRG, can't wait till they get there, lol.

DxC - - News

Quote from CityOfAngels: “I understood the complaint to be that if someone makes a concerted blitz attack against your grain city there's really no good defense. Even if the attacker ends up in a mutual destruction pact, you're equally dead. ” Early game grain city is the least important. On day nine, I have a ridiculously large army and I got more food than anything. Plus you just push him out and rebuild your lvl 1 industry

DxC - - News

An early rush is always a potential strategy in 1.5 and elsewhere. I would say in 1.5 it is more risky due to the defense advantage. Even if you take a city, you will end up weaker on average and the defender is in a better position to counter. The attack city early strategy was espoused by someone here, but that doesn't mean it works or that it is some kind of meta.