Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 198.

• The way I play I almost never make: Militia - way too slow for me and they consume too much food Tank Destroyers - too slow for my mobile stacks Heavy Tanks - again pretty slow and too much research needed especially as the later research tree is now so expensive in time I guess this mostly says that I enjoy moving fast and have not time for the slower species of units!! My favourite would have to be (apart from planes) SP Arty supported by SPAA

• Paratroopers - I have seen a case where para's have stormed a player's cores by taking unoccupied level-2 airbases one after another ie land at the first one in range - airbase becomes damaged but still functional - move next para into that airbase and launch a paradrop on the next level-2 airbase in range - repeat until core cities well and truly trashed. Of course this does not work if even one AA is defending the airbase - (so as an aside AA are pretty darn useful - level-3 AA are 7 strength …

• Market Overhaul

RogodeterSnowl - - News

One thing that surprises me somewhat is that players involved in Alliance Challenge matches have not been more vociferous here about the ban on trading units. For some countries on the 10 player Europe match like France and Germany, trading units is sometimes the only way these guys can stay alive if they are badly surrounded by opposition players

• Market Overhaul

RogodeterSnowl - - News

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “This thread is way too long ” It just shows how passionate some of us are about the dreadful changes Bytro made to the game.

• Market Overhaul

RogodeterSnowl - - News

Quote from _Pontus_: “I am taking a break from CoW and maybe for good. I am just too stunned by the recent BAD CHANGES to continue. I FEEL ROBBED ” I completely agree with this. I too have been a consistent HC member and my annual sub is nearly over and I do not think I will renew either. I too am currently in 3 games and seriously doubt whether I will join any new ones once these are over. So far, as usual, there seems to be little input from the game designers on these issues which is (as usua…

• Market Overhaul

RogodeterSnowl - - News

I can accept (mostly) the premise that trading ground units may not have a secure historical footing - I mean all the allied ground units formed by UK (Poles, Greeks, Norwegians, Free French, etc) were never amalgamated into the UK armed forces as British units - they maintained their own national identity and this can be simulated fine by the game as it stands ie remnant forces of a defeated nation finding refuge with a more powerful friend. This does not apply to air and naval units. You only …

• Market Overhaul

RogodeterSnowl - - News

And I know people have said this before but the market and trading changes will really kill any role play efforts. It is hard enough to get a good bunch of roleplayers together for a game but now it will be impossible. I fondly remember an RP game where I was playing Poland and by dint of fast talking I managed to get Germany looking elsewhere and in the process I created a "Resource Banking" system whereby I would take deposits from players, pay interest and loan out resources to other players …

• Market Overhaul

RogodeterSnowl - - News

Quote from BMfox: “Well obviously you play soft style and I play hard style so we will never agree. If someone offers me peace for resources I well accept, declare war again and continue attacking. Why? Well because I can Giving resources to other players outside your own coalition, I personally don't see the point. Even if you have no allies and you give resources to the winning coalition you just make it more easy to win. You should fight them instead, but that's my humble opinion ” So the gam…

• Market Overhaul

RogodeterSnowl - - News

As for the 10% tax on market trades to avoid players hiding resources when under threat from losing their capital or being targeted by economic spies - the developers should make it that the resources on the market as trades are NOT hidden away from these effects - it is a bit harder to do but not that much harder

• Market Overhaul

RogodeterSnowl - - News

So Bytro continue to add more limits to the game to remove all sorts of subtle plays. Come on guys, you are dumbing down the game so much it will eventually not be worth playing!!

• I think the Bytro servers are down?

• Mystery Player?

RogodeterSnowl - - Bug Reports and Issues

Vorlon - you are Schrodinger's Cat Sitting in a superposed quantum state are you a strange quark or one with charm !!

• I really like North Sudan in Africa because it has a double Rares city province at the start (Port Sudan). You will have no Rares worries for the whole game so your research and keep going all the time. It has a single and a double Steel province which helps long term. The real disadvantage is only 3 single Goods provinces which can make the start a bit of a challenge (sell Rares to buy Goods will help)

• Pax Romana has quite a few US-based players You need to have Discord (text only) to join us

• Has anyone noticed that it takes much longer now between when you start constructing a capital until the capital becomes effective. It used to be a matter of half an hour or so. Now it takes many hours. This means it is impossible to quickly evacuate your capital in the face of incoming troops I personally think this is a backward step - after all history is full of examples of governments being able to evacuate very quickly - think of Norway in WW2

• Join Role Playing Union on Discord

• Would it be possible to add some more islands around New Zealand and Australia? It would allow the possibility of airbases, etc and just add a bit more to that part of the world. Also on the 25 player map, Pago Pago should belong to the USA Australia: Christmas Island Cocos (Keeling) Island Lord Howe Island Norfolk Island Heard Island New Zealand: Chatham Island Auckland Island Campbell Island Kermedec Islands other South Pacific Islands (all large enough for airbases) Tonga Niue Cook Islands Th…

• COW Name - RogodeterSnowl Intended Nation - Japan My Nation’s Capital - Tokyo My Nation’s Rival - USA and British Empire My Nation’s Ideology - Fascism I agree to obey the rules - YES Example RP: His Most Serene Highness, Emperor Hirohito, declared today the formation of a National Revival Government headed by Army General Rogomato Snogo. After an extended period of instability marked by rioting and assassination of political moderates, the Army has vowed to resolve the political crisis and rest…

• try Pax Romana - quite a few of the guys there are USA resident

• I am thinking of creating an RP using the 25 player map starting just after Germany has conquered France. At this point most WW2 history nerds wonder why the Germans did not follow a Mediterranean strategy as formulated by Admiral Raeder to grab the Middle East oil and outflank the Soviet Union from the south. Well this is an opportunity to explore this alternate reality. In order to kick this off I am looking to document the start positions of all countries on the 25 player map, specifically, w…