Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 433.

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “build tanks ” True ... Nearly a third of my units are tanks ... Also about 2 of 10 are either AA or artillery ... Those three seem to consume less food than infantry ...

• Guide to Planes

gusv - - Community created Guides & Videos

Nice guide General! ... Of the first 100 military units I build, about 10 are air units- mostly interceptors and tactical bombers. Of the remaining 90, about 10 would be AA and 10 naval units, most of which would be destroyers and cruisers- which are good to fight off air attacks ...

• I have only played 13 games (7 in tutorial and 6 in 39 Historical). In the 39 historical and my 3 favorite countries, of those I played, are: USA, Japan, Italy ... cool.png

• Quote from cycle9: “Both due to the 'balancing' change which replaced goods with food for research. ” Good point! ... And if you got a large army, with significant number of infantry, you got to feed it too! ...

• So, what's wrong with a partial copy and paste? ... Another scenario would be a new 7 Dec 41 historical map (the day of the Pearl Harbor attack). You have two teams of players agree to become allies in this map in a fashion similar to alliances in WW2. One side would be the axis (e.g. Germany, Japan, Italy, Manchuria, and Romania) vs the Allies (e.g. UK, Nationalist China, Communist Russia, India and the US) ... cool.png

• Acts of Valour

gusv - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “pearl harbour ” Perhaps a 7 Dec 41 historical map would be the answer to that. You have two teams of players agree to become allies in this map in a fashion similar to alliances in WW2. One side would be the axis (e.g. Germany, Japan, Italy, Manchuria, and Romania) vs the Allies (e.g. UK, Nationalist China, Communist Russia, India and the US) ... cool.png

• Quote from OutKast: “You will find most active alliances require members to join their discord servers. ” I agree ... I have been asked to join a couple of alliances and they both used discord servers ... The only reason I have not joined is that I'm still on the learning curve and I feel that I need to get better at an efficient use of resources and troops ...

• Just a salty player

When I send armor into a well defended urban environment, i try to send some infantry along with them (commandoes by mid-game are also handy) ... Some bombardment by artillery, bombers, and capital ships also help soften a well defended urban environment- particularly if fortified ...

• Acts of Valour

Quote from killingone: “I got this amazing idea this evening and i thought about sharing it with you guys. As we all know this game is historically based on world war 2. However there is nothing historic about it except for perhaps the map, country borders or maybe the character models (or whatever it is). What would be a great addition and would make players a bit more strategic (imo) would be the addition of certain historic events ” The only way I could see this happen if you have two teams o…

• Just a salty player

Quote from General Skeet: “So, I think Anti-Air units are a bit too OP. So recently, I was busy conquering the US because it went inactive. ” I noticed that AI managed countries have become more aggressive with the recent Elite AI update ... In my last game I had popularity issues with Turkey in the 39 map ... To get some oil, I attacked an AI managed Iraq, and Saudi Arabia a bit later ... Then I split Bulgaria with Romania ... After an Ai managed Egypt attacked my then Italian ally- I declared …

• Quote from ender611: “How about I create 5 accounts ” This is not only a violation of the terms of service, as pointed out by Vorlon, but it would be unfair to adversaries- who would be outnumbered and outgunned by an illegal player with multiple accounts....

• If you join a game at random, you can still improvise forming an alliance in that game- limit of 3 for 25 player map, 4 for 50 player map, and 5 for 100 player map. Lots of players may wait 2 or 3 days before they join an alliance, which gives them time to evaluate what's going on in the game. And yes, communications between alliance players is important ...

• Supply routes

Quote from JCS Darragh: “I like the idea of HQ Companies however, instead of reducing their attack/defense, it remains the same base stat, but when they are in range of an HQ company, they gain a +2 bonus to all stats. But as far as supply lines / supply units are concerned, they should not be added because its too complicated for CoW and would just kill gameplay... ” Agree ... HQ would be easy to implement ... HQ could be the nation's capital, and any province with level 1 or 2 infrastructure .…

• Construction queue

gusv - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from Dante Bugler1: “This is most likely just the cause of losing connection to the server after being on for however long, what your describing normally is what happens when a user isn't fully connected to the server or the server is ahead of what the user is currently shown. ” Agree ... When faced with this I reload the game, and sometimes refresh the browser ... Normally that reconnects me to server ...

• Best country?

gusv - - Questions and Answers

Quote from Not A Communist: “Worst is probably France as you have Spain, Germany, Italy or UK right next to you and one of them is bound to invade. ” I agree ... Another tough country to defend would be Poland (in the 39 map) squeezed between mighty Germany and Soviet Union ...

• It may be easier for CoW staff to set up a 5 vs 5 encounter, as most current alliances are set up for that type of encounter ... So we may get: Allies: 1) Soviet Union 2) UK 3) France 4) US 5) Nationalist China Axis: 1) Japan 2) Germany 3) Italy 4) Romania 5) Manchuria Would this be a fair and balanced role-play scenario in 39 map? ... It looks like Nationalist China and France could have a rough time early in this game ... But the key to ally victory would be if the Soviet Union and the US get …

• Supply routes

I like the idea ... I'm not a professional code writer, but from my limited experience programming back in engineering school, I believe that writing code for this could be fairly tedious labor ...

• Best country?

gusv - - Questions and Answers

Quote from BaBePaBe: “it's only Day 2 and he has Medium tanks but the research tree has medium tanks available starting after Day 4. ” This has happened to me on occasion ... Occasionally CoW designers will sprinkle a medium tank here and there ... I have never been the lucky one ...

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “It feels wrong whenever I attack without artillery or air support. Feels like I am not prepared ” Same here ... And let's add naval firepower on coastal cities ...

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “We fixed a bug that allowed an enemy to take over a province while allied forces were standing in the province to protect it from enemies.Allied forces stationed in a province now prevent an enemy taking over the province.There will be no battle between allied and enemy troops unless war was declared between the two. ” I believe that Vorlon quote above answered this ...