Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 95.

• Resource Trading Returns

Chimere - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “OK, @cycle9 and @Ryan04px2025, by now you're right, because since the last graphics update, all noobs are recruiting infantry like crazy. Because they're eager to see the new graphical representation (or because two or three men as the icon give them the feeling of having "more"). At least that's the impression from my current 100p game. That now indeed makes food prices jump to surreal heights. But criticizing the research balancing update for that? It's not the fault …

• I honestly don't see the point. more units for the please of more units is not really bringing much, especially "ahistorical" units.

• Release Notes 2020-01-29

Chimere - - News

You know that graphics takes absolutely neglectable code design time, since well it is artist doing 95% of it, the dev only replacing the old assets with new assets and only handling edge bugs new assets could have (on animations, shadows or whatever)

• If anything I would like to see games go twice slower(days would still be 24 hours) so I am not forced to wake up super early and go to sleep as late as possible during war.

• Build up Barracks

Chimere - - General Discussions

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “I will not go for mechanized infantry because it is the most expensive unit and unit upkeep with barracks level 3 upkeep. Commando requires 2. By the way ” On mid size map (like USA) where food is not TOO much of an issue and against an infantry heavy opponent, they are just awesome. On a huge map they cost too much food, on a small map they arrive too late to make a difference.

• Build up Barracks

Chimere - - General Discussions

Only make them for units needed barracks level 2 or 3. Level :2: Motorized Infantry, Commando Level 3 : Mechanized infantry

• Call of War 1.5: Mechanics & New Balancing

Chimere - - News

Fully agree with Hans. I would add one problem with the centralisation of resource : in attack or in defense, the game becomes about defending your 4 cities, the rest is just distance to cross, ie "strategic depth". The only difference between core and non-core is the 15% defense bonus if you still own the territory (significant indeed). It means that I don't have arbitration between defending/attacking the cities and the province, if my opponent turtles (stockpile infantry in cities and put for…

• Quote from OneNutSquirrel: “ Factories in Captured Territory This again is another thing that disturbs the order of what was WWII. All Sherman tanks made during WWII were made in USA (with one facility in Canada). NONE of them were ever built in cities and factories USA captured in France, Italy, Africa, Pacific. Not a one. All were built in North America. So the concept of capturing facilities then making YOUR units elsewhere just doesn't belong in WWII history. ” For the record, the Germans pr…

Chimere - - News

Quote from freezy: “Quote from Chimere: “In 1.0, even if you lost one Industrial Center due to surprise, you can still concentrate the rest of your troops, build more dudes Your opponent is not necessarily able to outproduce you, since he has a resource constraint (like you have), and you have the home defense advantage (shorter production-to-battlefield time, and critically 15% defense for every province you take back. If you win the war, you get his IC and you may be back in the game. In 1.5, …

• Possibly the player gold healed the unit as it was damaged.

• I really disagree with this statement. In 1.0, even if you lost one Industrial Center due to surprise, you can still concentrate the rest of your troops, build more dudes Your opponent is not necessarily able to outproduce you, since he has a resource constraint (like you have), and you have the home defense advantage (shorter production-to-battlefield time, and critically 15% defense for every province you take back. If you win the war, you get his IC and you may be back in the game. In 1.5, if…

• That's pretty bad advice overall, if you ask me... - They are quite cheap yes, but not that cheap. In particular, they cost as much same manpower as infantry, which players don't have enough at the beginning (when militia are precious). On the other hand, early on players should have enough food and supplies. Their strength is not so much in their price, but how fast they are to produce - almost 3 times faster than infantry. They are the units of which the ratio HP/time to produce is the highest…

• Quote from OneNutSquirrel: “Quote from freezy: “We want to make province management easier. We don't want players to manage hundreds of provinces anymore with dozens of simultaneous productions going on, scrolling through an endless province list once they conquered 2-3 nations. We also want to diversify the gameplay by giving having different province types with different functions, and we want to create meaningful points of interest on the map where battles evolve around.We will rebalance all…

• Thanks for the interview. What user feedback on 1.5 will you implement that was not in your initial roadmap, if any ?

• Quote from cycle9: “Quote from freezy: “old SBDE per unit type is not coming back. First it is broken when having multiple unit levels of the same type on the field (as we have in 1.5) as each level counts as different unit in the code, secondly it is hard to visualize and understand (in comparison, a stack limit for the whole stack we can very well visualize on the map soon), and thirdly it still can be easily circumvented by splitting unit. Not a deep mechanic, just arbitrary complexity. ” gla…

• Ah nice idea for the numbering. I need to do this !

• … and if so, what names do you use. I generally use name to announce my attention or my diplomatic alignment, so "Peace in Africa", "Friendship with Morocco" "Coalition to Victory". In one casem I found myself at war with a former coalition member, and the BB "Friendship with Morocco" found itself engaging Moroccan transports :). What about you ?

Chimere - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “I'm still extremely unhappy with the plan to give many units offensive/defensive focus just for the sake of a clearer distinction. I read from freezy's posts two arguments why that shall be done: 1.: More tactical maneuvers. True, but that will be unrealistic / weird maneuvers. Also having the option to gain advantage from tactical movements will require players to be online more often, which isn't necessarily positive. 2.: Giving players an incentive to research a broa…

• Release Notes - 2019-11-27

Chimere - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “OK freezy, thanks; agree with everything you wrote. Except that I don't like the white outlines in the army bar images. They don't look like a glow. But well, maybe that nevertheless is a matter of taste. ” I prefer them with the stroke/outline, so yeah it is a matter of taste indeed. So I won my match and could see all units, including the American units (or at least the 3 tanks and the Tank Destroyers, I don't see any of the other vehicles) - It is very easy to distin…

• Release Notes - 2019-11-27

Chimere - - News

Hello, The new graphics are beautiful, but there are readibility issues : For the World Map icons, there are only Soviets units among me and my allies, but at least I can have a good look - Soviet Heavy (KV type) and medium (T34) look really similar, which is reinforced by the dark color of the Soviets not letting you see the details and the fact that the KV1 is not bigger than the T34 (when it should). - Soviet SP Arty and Tank destroyers could be swapped and it would still make sense : the Art…