Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 79.

• Russia didn't go to war with Japan until a few weeks before it was all over. This is for those quoting WWI and WWII as examples of how coalitions all declared war together.

• Yes I treated both AI and human players the same.

• Terminating Units

BeorntheBold - - Suggestions / Criticism

Well I fail to see how disbanding units has any negative effect on the game whatsoever. The ability to undo some mistakes is beside the point; it is not unheard of that units outlive their usefulness - once they were needed, now they are not. In real life they would be disbanded. It has the positive effect of allowing more flexibility. And what's more, many players want to be able to do it. Those that don't can simply not use it....ohhh they don't want anyone ELSE to be able to do it. Quite simp…

• Playing 100 player map, now in day 27. On first day set relations to RoW with all AI countries. My starting day one popularity rating was 73% - before doing anything at all. I have consistently kept the rating in the 70's and is now 83% - always embargoing first, then declaring war, then attacking. At his point none, NONE, of the AI countries have ever changed their relations with me. So if as I saw in an earlier posting on this thread that is an aberration well it is aberrating (is that a word?…

• In the case of an enemy province that has no military units, if a unit is ordered to attack it, as opposed to being ordered to move to it, is there any difference?

• It seems every province I take, whether with minimal forces or greater, most of the infrastructure is destroyed. How can I best ensure the least damage possible?

• I am in a coalition and offered right of way to a player who was not affiliated with any coalition. A day passed and the player joined a different coalition, then tried to accept my trade offer. It seemed to accept but didn't actually change relations. Now neither he nor I can offer any relations other than peace, embargo, or war. Is this something new with the changes to coalitions?

• Declaring War

BeorntheBold - - General Discussions

So far I have not seen anyone able to explain in detail the mechanics of how world popularity is determined. I have experimented by embargoing 24 hours in advance of declaring, embargoing just before day change and then declaring shortly after day change, ignoring day change and just embargoing a few hours before declaring, etc. and can't tell any difference but then again there is not enough data to even know what normal is. My popularity has stayed in the 70-80% range no matter what method I u…

• With all due respect, the technology of the era was quite sufficient to know where a battle occurred and what the losses were. Even reading the newspaper doesn't give the information that it should. It can't be THAT hard to add some details to the event notification.

• Kamikaze Planes

In real life, kamikazes were, as someone said, a last resort. Two key reasons for the desperation was a shortage of experienced pilots at that stage of the war and hindrances to production caused by strategic bombing (both problems also faced by Germany). One other factor was the cultural disposition to suicide rather than lose honor. Although some experienced pilots were involved, the majority of kamikaze pilots were inexperienced. Some were wired into the cockpits so they couldn't bail out. Th…

• You can already share information with anyone you wish, just message them. Of course, whether it is genuine or not.....:) who knows? An in game verification to the truth of the report would be a good idea, and sellable.

• I think it's a good idea - yes some of those anonymous posts are just annoying but some of them have strategic purpose, and discovering who made them could be important information.

• Coalition Cool Down

BeorntheBold - - General Discussions

Except the coalition leader could boot everybody else giving them a 3 day cooldown, then enjoy not having any cooldown himself.

• observer mode

It would become exploited for rampant cheating.

• Sea resources would not be very realistic. The main resources obtained from the sea are fish (including whaling, etc.) and oil - but oil is mostly associated with the continental shelf and so really tied to land. What I would like to see is some consideration to trade over the sea. That was a huge thing in the WWII era (and now too) - trade was the lifeblood for the island of Britain and had vital importance for almost every other country as well. The only shipping in CoW is military transport. …

• Quote from Restrisiko: “(Hidden Content) Oh boy, what has this ramblings to do with whether the time / arrival of next ONE interrims waypoint should be displayed for marching units "permanently and without selecting the unit" .. ?? And if, what's with the other various points, mostly, if any, other waypoints are important, so should not all of them be listed then? .. so why (only) display the next waypoint ..? .. maybe more important can be in most cases the point before the last -- and much mor…

• Currently the infrastructure improvement represents a host of things - transportation systems including roads, rail, etc. but also electricity and other utilities, fire departments, etc. It would be good to split off another improvement for transportation or even just railroad and here's why: Many territories will never be worth the investment to build infrastructure - but there are times when a rail or even road connection through a lot of territories makes sense (think Burma road in real life)…

• The game is roughly set in WWII technology and at that time no rocket could hit another in flight. Of course, there weren't any nuclear rockets then either, so the WWII line is fudged a little into the post-war period, maybe into even the 1960's. But even then there was no "star wars" - that would come with the push from Reagan and really not be even partially viable until the 1990's.

• That would be good, but I also see people posting such messages in the newspaper.

• Just had another idea - let players queue up for positions so if the position is resigned or goes inactive it passes seamlessly and automatically to the next player in the queue. This wouldn't work as a stand alone idea; it would have to be in junction with a reward system for assuming an inactive position and some type of acceptance procedure so if the next player in the queue is no longer willing or able it could timeout and go to the next one. The AI, of course, at the end of the queue.