Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 194.

• You can accomplish the "Never under any circumstances will I be betrayed" thing by joining a team event. Teams are set from the start and diplomacy can not be changed... Though you can stil talk to the other side... And you didn't mention trade.. So even on the same team/coalition.. I could just give all my resources to other team.... .... With the conditions you posted Trooper, I'd never join such a game. Too many players go inactive and those penalties you outline are too steep. And even in co…

• CoW is a simulation [viewed from 30,000 feet], and that's why most people are here. I was just trying to highlight the biggest and most glaring "discrepancies". In business world there is a term to describe such abnormalities. They are the "Low hanging fruit" Meaning they are the easiest items, which get greatest results for least amount of work. Food for example, every plains or hills province should be producing food. Only Mountains, forests and deserts would not... Instant realism Factory Loc…

• Is this need for supplies represented by some game mechanic right now? [__] Yes [__] No One word answer please.

• Too many words for you and you get lost... now I understand... Lets dumb this process down.. way down and try it one at a time. ------ Do military units in combat need supplies? Food, water, ammunition or spare parts? [__] Yes [__] No One word answer please.

• Some observations which 1.5 has a chance to address before it follows in the shortcoming of 1.0 Resources I'm hard pressed to think of a single City, which produced food during the 1940's. Most cities were CONSUMING resources faster than producing them, with the exception of "Manpower". Every farmer will tell you "Farms feed Cities".... it has NEVER been the other way around. So Food production should NEVER be from cities. I do know a few towns which have sprung up around resources, then faded o…

• Please address the proposal and stop trolling. Would be greatly appreciated.

• Again General cdub you can't seem to get past this ONE all important point, namely; ... your personal thoughts are irrelevant... I'm sure American troops didn't like getting shot at either, didn't see any proposals for German and Japan to stop using guns because the other side "didn't like it".. Bytro removed Nuke powered ships because they did not fit in with the tech of the time. They added paratroopers because they DID fit in and were different enough from existing units to warrant having a s…

• 15 times in your post you used " I ".... simply put, how you play or why you play the way you do was irrelevant to the reasons for this suggestion (as all of my suggestions have been so far) this suggestion was not about you, or anyone else's play style or lack or play with style... It was simply about trying to make the game realistic to what was happening during WWII and to add game elements which represent those conditions. Having Supply lines, a connection to food, ammo, parts and fuel was a…

• Paratroopers were an interesting addition to the game mechanic. They represented a unit with abilities which, in name, suggested something... yet... when deployed... one could say their parachutes failed to deploy and all they did was leave little craters on the ground. Current Mechanics Unit begins existence as a Air unit, then transforms Air unit into a Land Crawler (just like a butterfly crawling back into it's cocoon). Then it the unit attempts to find his buddies, and all the other crap tha…

• Think of the "Supply Lines" building as "Supply Depot" (going to change the name in original post...) which affects that province and all adjacent provinces. If you are not in it's "Sphere of Influence".. you are penalized. And the quick build of it was intentional so that it did not hinder advancement, yet easy enough to knock out as disturbances in supply lines were easy to disrupt (even though temporary and easily remedied) Added a little explanation for area of effect in the original post.

• Plenty has been said about this topic, and here's a different twist on the concept. When we're talking about Encirclement of units, what we are truly talking about is SEPARATING those units from their SUPPLY LINES. Leaving them without resources to continue fighting as they run out of ammo, spare parts, food, fuel and such.... I'm not sure which which of these ways would be easier to implement, but her's the idea. Proposal New Building - Supply Lines (SL) / Supply Depot (SD) Cost - 50 Cargo, 100…

• Yes, expected, but untried and unconfirmed. I recall one of my first games, had a couple guys in the coalition say that we couldn't do something... and it didn't quite make sense to me... So tried it, disproved it... and it's such a trivial thing I don't remember the exact game mechanic now... I do remember the lesson... Try it and confirm it... and if everyone else thinks it can't be done... to do it just to confuse them. So assumption about Trading the Capitol, other buildings are not damaged …

• I've had a chance to play around with the mechanics of trading Cities with IC's... NOT a Capitol so I won't speak to the Moral issues but just the trade. Traded a City with a Lvl 3 IC and made the trade to a Coalition member, then to a NON-Coalition member and the results were identical. IC receive NO damage during the transfers (from me to them, nor from them to me) IC was empty of defensive units and took approx. 15 HP damage. When I took it over with a single LT. --I'll need to fool around wi…

• Quote from SuggestedSuggest: “Good point, I guess I should see what the new changes are going, hope they aren't too drastic or else it will defeat the purpose of my guide :o. ” Oh... they're drastic alright. New Event should be announces sometime soon.. and they're toning it down kuz it was barely recognizable in it's drastickiness for first BETA Event.

• Another example is units at sea... when Convoys... they are "in that terrain" quite the useless little beasts.... Fewer HP, lousy stats. Can't think of a more extreme example where the terrain affects a unit in a more powerful way.

• Not sure if there have been changes lately, but the newspaper has been a pain in the arsenik for a while. Personally, I don't care about the images... repeated again and again for throughout.. I'm looking for the Info and Intel. Proposal. Provide Option to TURN OFF images in the newspaper so only the relevant information is shown without having to load up the images when scrolling through the paper. Alternatively Opening up the newspaper opens up a default browser and lets me see the WH as a sep…

• You can see what time the units will arrive. Hint... You can select several units from a few different stacks, Click "Delay" and set your timer (or just "Set Delay") and all the units will arrive at the same time AND [most importantly] they will, on arrival, COMBINE into a Single Stack and attack together as just one stack.

• Just consider for a moment what it is you are asking. The Infantry unit icon represents 15-20,000 DIVISION sized unit of soldiers. The Lvl 5 Infantry description actually shows a Flamethrower unit in action... that's because Flamethrowers were part of the Infantry Class units... not a separate class of soldier such as Commando or Paratrooper. I don't recall a single Division of 20,000 soldiers... all equipped with Flamethrowers roaming the countryside of Europe, or Island Hopping in the Pacific.…

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “All games? ” As far as I know, Can't think of one map that begins with some sort of Diplomacy setting in place at start of match.

• RNG is suspect

OneNutSquirrel - - Suggestions / Criticism

Sorry to see you go mate... But if you deal with your RL issues the same way... by running away before you figure out what the problem is or was... You'll just spend your entire life disappointing as things don't work out and you'll never know why... or how to fix them. You quit by announcing it to all on the forums... Yet you were unwilling to ask for help on the same forums.... Interesting.