Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 123.

• Elite AI for All

eruth - - News

Quote from JesterTheSheep: “You know the whole Free Elite AI thing? Yeah, that would be great, except for the fact that free players can't make games anymore. Remember, that was also an update. ” If a round has gold features it costs to join the round, not just make it. Making elite AI free is actually helpful. I'm guessing this update is probably a result of the can't make games anymore update because now no one is making gold rounds (because no one is making any rounds) so might as well make t…

• Quote from Captain Hurricane: “might work quite well on some maps, in others it'd be completely pointless ” It's not about how effective it would be it's about A: how much work it would require the devs to put in and B: how much more complex it would be than the entire rest of the game.

• Training mode

eruth - - Suggestions / Criticism

I have tried solo games before; believe me, it is boring as hell. Even once you get into the later stages of a regular game and everyone else has quit: boring as hell. The whole allure of this game is the fact that it is multiplayer. If you tell newbies to play a solo round they will probably fail to understand that massive disparity in quality between solo and multiplayer and quit in droves before reaching the real game. Besides, the strategies that work against AI are not always the same ones …

• Quote from Captain Hurricane: “thought my solution was adequate ” It would require far too many new game mechanics to be created. That is a lot of lines of code for a single unit that honestly wouldn't be used that much, considering it is a purely defensive one and purely defensive units are of minimal use after the first few days. The only units that have been added to the game after launch that required entirely new mechanics to be created were the carrier and the paratrooper, each of which on…

• I don't really like the idea of mines, but ya'll can't seem to figure out a very good solution to mines that works with the current game mechanics so I did it for you: Mines would be a unit in their own separate class (so not infantry, armour, air, naval, or submarine). For the purposes of research and production they would probably be in the secret tab. They would have a low SBDE so that they cannot be effectively spammed in big stacks, but instead, if spammed at all, spread around a bit. When …

• Quote from f118: “in super event team battle 12 vs 12,5 (Kuba on side of Axis) i once played SSSR, and it was enoough to win. You should believe that there were enough good and experianced players in. Gold free round. I played only 1 game, but there was three rounds, Axis lost every game. With liga players and other good players on both sides. I mean if i would play Germany or Italia we would have a chance. Otherwise no. But it is ok so. Map is very historical and well balanced, but only tough p…

• Quote from Erich Von Manstein: “Quote from eruth: “Germany is already a bit too strong, IMO. If you know what you are doing you can easily smash France with an armoured assault through belgium on day 2. You can put a significant infantry-class force in the Siegfried line to prevent the French from pushing into Germany and still have enough troops to prevent the Poles from trying anything. Britain starts out with a weak army, so if they land you can easily smash it; just don't keep your troops in…

• Germany is already a bit too strong, IMO. If you know what you are doing you can easily smash France with an armoured assault through belgium on day 2. You can put a significant infantry-class force in the Siegfried line to prevent the French from pushing into Germany and still have enough troops to prevent the Poles from trying anything. Britain starts out with a weak army, so if they land you can easily smash it; just don't keep your troops in range of naval guns or bombers from Britain and th…

• I know how to read; I simply was not aware that the tutorial 22 was that different. I thought I had played one since the update where they made the big differences, but I must be confusing the tutorial round I played in s1914 recently and the 22 map I played here recently. My apologies; I will excuse myself from this conversation.

• Quote from Mihai1234: “Then tell that one who created that map to move them to Black Sea, i don't care! ” Nations in the 22 map don't start with navies. (EDIT: apparently on the tutorial map they do. This is a moot post.) Did you join on day 1?

• Sbde importance?

eruth - - General Discussions

I think BM means that they are easier to kill in that they deal less damage to your units, thus your units have more health and can kill them more quickly.

• A: How did they move to the adriatic? Did you order them there? B: And what would you like us to do about it?

• I can't get a good country

eruth - - General Discussions

As far as I can tell, a new one starts whenever an old one fills up. If there is one that is at 20 or so players just keep refreshing until it fills up and a new one starts.

• Quote from f118: “no. ” Why not? You don't have to disable them. Just a nice option for people who want to just play without random notifications they don't care about.

• New Feature: Scenario Rotation

eruth - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “To keep players motivated after their first match is over, it is awfully important there is something they can build up over time - something that remains after the current match. If you each time start from 0 after a match is finished, that's very demotivating. You need something you can look back to, something you can be proud of, something you can show to your friends. This something is your player profile. Therefore it is very important the stats and achievements sh…

• Capitulation

eruth - - Suggestions / Criticism

Except wars often don't end at the capital. Capital sniping is actually very easy if you know what you are doing, especially with the addition of paratroopers. I have seen wars go on for several days after the capital has fallen without it being 100% in favor of the capital conqueror. Sure, it can be tedious to take every last province, but it would be far more frustrating to suddenly lose, despite still being able to offer significant resistance and possibly even win, simply because your enemy …

• Lets break this down. Quote from Gers79: “Improve trade relations through diplomacy to get extra income,goods,food etc to help secure an efficient income between whatever countries since its a slow process to get anything as it is ” It seems that you are suggesting that there be a way to set up a trade deal that automatically transfers resource income between nations. While this is an interesting suggestion and something that I have considered myself, I feel that the stock market system and sing…

• Quote from atreas1: “Here "better" can be defined even mathematically, and even by ignoring the units creation ability (which is optional). If I wait 1 more day and I get a working IC, then I will get 10% more resources PER DAY so after 10 days I will be breaking even and after that everything is a profit compared to capturing a non-operational IC. The classical example for that is the difference between attacking an inactive player in Day 3 and in Day 4 (after been taken over by AI). But the un…

• It's not necessary to have operational ICs in conquered territory because I won't have enough resources to build units in all my core ICs plus other ones until late game. I just upgrade all my urban areas, then my non-urban resource provinces, until I can't upgrade them anymore, before I start upgrading non-core areas.

• I invest a lot in my economy. I actually prioritize it over my units, at least early game, and usually end up with a top 5 economy for most of the game. I use my starting units to blitz an AI or two, then get into position against a neighboring player. I try to ally/peace out with about half of my neighbors (the half that probably won't get in my way early) so that I don't have to worry about defending that flank. My opinion is that the worst blunder I could make is to stop when I could keep pus…