Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 500.

• Solo Victory Conditions

gusv - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Devious Rancor: “51% of all VP's needed at day-change to trigger a solo victory ” I have only done this a couple of times, but 51% looks good for a solo victory. If it looks paltry to you is probably because you are either a top gun player or you had not had to fight it off with any top gun players (e.g. rated 100) like I had in my last game, where I finished second to one. By the way, solo victories in the tutorial board may look easy for a strong player with weak opposition. But it …

• Alliances

gusv - - Questions and Answers

In some instances some players, like myself, would rather wait for a few days before joining an alliance (e.g. tutorial game, 39 historical map, etc.). The only exception for me so far is my first Endgame 1944 scenario, where I chose country at random and find myself fighting as German Army Group Center- allied automatically with German Army Group West and German Army Group South. The nine countries (3 Western Allies, 3 German groups, and 3 Russian fronts) seemed balanced compared to the 39 hist…

• In my last game I played South Africa in the 39 Historical Map. I had played 6 games in this map and I don't recall anybody ever playing South Africa! But I recalled that the World Herald always placed South Africa among the top nations in terms of economic leadership. So, I gave it a try. By its isolation, I knew that I would not get wiped out by a super-power early in the game. As a matter of fact, I took over Portugal's and Belgium's neighboring colonies early in the game- Zaire (old Belgian …

• Map Voting time guys

gusv - - General Discussions

Quote from Khabarovsk krai: “Option 3:historical world war map ” Only completed 7 games in tutorial and 7 games in 39 map ... 39 historical map is my choice so far ...

• Corona Virus Bonus?

gusv - - Off Topic

Quote from EZ Dolittle: “in the USA the first thing that runs out is Toilet Paper ” A former co-worker in NASA told me the the main provider of the inner cardboard cylinder of toilet paper rolls is from China. I guess there's a fear that there may be a temporary shortage of such item. Personally, I've been using paper towels. Other people have recommended napkins ... As for the run on water, I have not heard any good reason for such a thing ...

• Never under-rate a country in the 39 map. Player quality is important. It's map conducive to coalition wins. In my first game as Brazil, I won in coalition with Turkey and Manchuria- the latter not a popular pick. In my current game- I'm South Africa. That's not a popular pick either. But in coalition with the US and Germany, we are 2-3 days short of victory ...

• I have only completed 13 games (7 in tutorial and 6 in 39 Historical). In the 39 historical and my 3 favorite countries, of those I played, are: USA, Japan, Italy ... cool.png

• Quote from SShawk1: “If you do play for free as many brag, then you are doing the game and the hard work of the players a diservices. ” Agree ... My pop (RIP) told me many years ago that nothing is free in this world ...

• Corona Virus Bonus?

gusv - - Off Topic

Quote from BMfox: “all others are laying back complaining about the fact that they have too much time on their hands. ” I know that many restaurants in the US are only doing drive thru & take out. Dine in was 'outlawed' by the Florida governor a few hours ago. I suspect that some lay offs are on the way ... The lucky ones may work for large and/or well financed companies that may put you on paid leave for a while ...

• Food and oil seem to be scarce resources in the 39 historical map ...

• Quote from freezy: “What we don't plan to do is to make them able to kill multiple units with one hit again. Maybe 1 rocket for 1 unit would be ok. They are not supposed to be huge unit killers. ” Agree 100% with you on this one bro! ...

• Corona Virus Bonus?

gusv - - Off Topic

The key in a crisis is to remain calm and light-hearted. Panicking just seems to lead to bad decisions ...

• Developing the economy, by building industrial complexes and infrastructure- in provinces with food and goods- will help alleviate the lack of these resources in the long term ...

• AI trade embargoes

gusv - - Questions and Answers

Yep ... All thanks to recent changes in the 'Elite AI' software! Apparently you have low popularity because you have attacked without provocation a few AI managed countries ... Should you continue on your aggressive path, they'll declare war on you! This happened to me in the last game, where I had Turkey in the 39 map and was playing rather aggressively ... At one point I was at war with 8 countries- 6 of them AI managed and they all declared war on me! ... I had 2 nights of nearly sleepless ni…

• Corona Virus Bonus?

gusv - - Off Topic

I just came back from the cigar shop ... I found out that cigar smoke kills the corona virus ... It just takes it a few more years to get to humans! ... scared.png

• Corona Virus Bonus?

gusv - - Off Topic

Warning: I just came back from the supermarket and found out the corona virus eats toilet paper! ...

• Your cache will 'overload' if you have multiple applications open (e.g. excel, word, etc.) for a few hours ...

• Quote from Butterbear: “try clearing your cache ” I have played my last 7 games on the 39 historical map ... And I have to clear my cache at least once a day by disconnecting power ... That way, cache gets rid of unnecessary data and makes room for more memory ...

• Creating a Roleplay group

gusv - - Roleplaying Threads

A more experienced player said that France was not in a good position in the proposed last post ... Thus we agreed to what we mutually thought was a more balanced set-up by a geographical criteria: Alliance of Eastern States: Soviet Union Germany Italy Yugoslavia Turkey vs. Alliance of Western States: USA UK France Spain Sweden

• New unit idea!!!!,!,!

gusv - - Beta Feedback & Issues

Quote from VorlonFCW: “During the time period of WW2 really the only option was to sink the transport ships and send the equipment to the bottom of the ocean. ” Agree 100% ... CoW is primarily WW2 role-play type of game...