Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 333.

• Call of War 1.5 round 2!

Hans A. Pils - - News

My suggestion: * Merge the changes from my "Positive:" post into CoW1.0. * Implement the easy quick win changes from --> this thread <-- in CoW1.0. * Change the "deactivated" setting for barracks and naval bases to "deactivated if not producing" and make that the default setting. In other words, if this setting is chosen instead of "activated", the building only consumes resources and only gives it's bonusses while a ship/infantry production is ongoing. That would free players from the hassle to…

Hans A. Pils - - News

Negative: 1.: The role of manpower. I liked the old interpretation much better - manpower = recruitable soldiers. Now it's... what is it now? With all units needing a similar amount of manpower, it's something like a "total unit limit" you may not exceed. Isn't realistic and annoying. 2.: This extreme centralization of resource income to cities. It's not realistic and doesn't add anything positive to the game. Cities should make up the main part of goods and money income, yes. Also a bit more ma…

Hans A. Pils - - News

Positive: * Units don't upgrade automatically any more, but can be upgraded manually for costs. * The new buildings. Love them already. Partly because thanks to them, production capacities now have become something precious, something you have to invest in (in CoW1.0 you anyway upgraded your ICs and built new ones just to get the resource production bonus). And since the second test event, they demand difficult strategic decisions of the kind "either enhance economy or rather enhance production …

Hans A. Pils - - News

Hi. I'll now need several weeks to read this thread (won't have a lot of time). So I drop my feedback before doing so - sorry if parts of it have already been discussed. Summary beforehand: * Gameplay: OK, different from CoW1.0 and similarly good. Better for mobile, less fun for desktop users on the other hand. * Strategical challenge: OK, different from CoW1.0 and similarly good. * Realism: Gone. So people who're looking for a trivial game well playable on smartphones might like it. Those who f…

• Resource Trading Returns

Hans A. Pils - - News

If you're not convinced of my thesis that building militia or reg./mot./mech. infantry is a very bad idea unless being seriously attacked in a very early stage, check this calculation. I assume you have IC level 3 in the province you're recruiting infantry in, which should be about the average. Second assumption I made is that all resources are worth 8.0 money on the market: * * production costs * additional resource costs from running barracks during prod. time * total production costs * upkeep…

Hans A. Pils - - News

OK, @cycle9 and @Ryan04px2025, by now you're right, because since the last graphics update, all noobs are recruiting infantry like crazy. Because they're eager to see the new graphical representation (or because two or three men as the icon give them the feeling of having "more"). At least that's the impression from my current 100p game. That now indeed makes food prices jump to surreal heights. But criticizing the research balancing update for that? It's not the fault of the resource balancing …

• @K.Rokossovski (welcome back, by the way... we've been missing you here!!) is right: There's nothing to reproduce and there are no clues needed of when it happens - it's obvious. Chance of a revolt is now about 90% less than it had been until a few months ago. Of course the display of the risk for a revolt (when clicking on the "i" icon in the province detail bar) didn't change, but... they just don't happen any more. Almost never. At least I can say so for sure about the 100p map. Login into a …

• Day one AI moves

Hans A. Pils - - Suggestions / Criticism

Just joined a map on day 2 and I can't really complain. The AI had researched ALL technologies available on day 2 and nevertheless 20.000 food and 10.000 on stock. Can somebody from Bytro explain how that's possible? Do players joining a game later than day 1 get all technologies that are already unlocked for free? Not criticizing if that was the case, might be a good thing - am only asking out of curiosity.

• Quote from kylinho: “This game needs more resources ” I fully DISagree (with possibly the exception of the 25player historic world map, but that one has many issues). Facilitating resource management even more wouldn't help. This is supposed to be a strategy game, so it's supposed to have some challenges. Conquering other countries has already been made a children's game by reducing the probability of revolts to almost zero (a terrible change, by the way... that terrible that Bytro didn't even d…

• It's possible that the last of the three changes requires a little bit of coding, that I cannot tell for sure. But the first two no, definitely not. They can be done in 5 minutes. The three changes are not "changes in mechanics" (as you call them) that need to be "balanced by something else", but essentially are balancing improvements. Of course it's true that balancing in CoW is very complex, because (as freezy once described it) each rock/paper/scissors relation between three units can be rega…

• Agree with your statement, @Ryan04px2025. Fix diplomatic courses or "missions" as described by @Tasmine could be nice in event maps or in one or two scenarios. But some scenarios should keep the competitive character with almost equal power/chances for every player at the start and full diplomatic freedom. Anyhow this question is off-topic.

• I like all these ideas of you, @ender611. But doubt such a counter will be approved by Bytro, since in some situations you'd be able to guess who spent the gold. Which would make most gold spenders feel less comfortable with it. Apart from that, only one small disagreement from me: It's good that buying resources for a unit with gold and accelerating its production is cheaper than healing a unit from 10% to 100%. For people who care about K/D, this makes a difference. Also for the psychological …

• Rebellions are as good as removed. That's sad.

• Please consider doing the following before focussing fully on CoW1.5. Because otherwise when CoW1.5 is ready, you won't be able to properly assess whether you want to keep CoW1.0 or not. CoW1.0 is wasting some of its potential as long as the following changes are not done. I restrain myself to tweaks that don't require any coding, since it's logical you don't want to invest implementation effort in CoW1.0 as long as CoW1.5 is in the making: * Reduce food costs of infantry clearly while increasin…

Hans A. Pils - - News

The research balancing update (which introduced food for research) didn't change the overall amount of food. You now need food for research, OK, but at the same time food consumption of provinces was reduced. This equals out pretty well. In my experience, the market value of food is pretty similar to the values of the other resources. The issue you're addressing is that you run into food trouble if you build barracks or worse, dare to recruit infantry. Whenever I read in the World Herald of some…

Hans A. Pils - - News

Resource trade outside coalitions back again: This was simply the most important and most positive change ever. I just finished a 100player map and the first(!) week was the most intense and most exciting I ever had in a CoW game. Reason was that resource trade outside coalitions being allowed again makes it possible for players to join a coalition very late or not at all. Which results in many different fractions on the map - it's no longer always clear who collaborates with whom and that leave…

• Hi @PetrusR, your post is quite off-topic, but I want to answer to your major criticism: Quote from PetrusR: “I think it is fine to have a 25% production or even lower as a start just after taking over a state, but then over time that should improve to 100% ” In my opinion, the 75% malus for non-core provinces is perfect. Without it, this game would be a rush with an ultimate obligation for everyone to be the fastest conqueror. Maps would be decided very quickly - as soon as one player has conqu…

• Thanks for the clarification, @freezy. It would really help very much if this could be resolved. I can only support @EZ Dolittle's request. Trying to make it a bit clearer - assuming the bug concerning damage to buildings was fixed: Strategical bombers should do: - High damage to morale. - High damage to buildings. - Less damage to ground units than tactical bombers. - Very low damage when attacking air units. Rockets should do: - High damage to morale. - Medium damage to buildings. - Low damage…

• @Green One, I totally share your opinion that there should also be a Pay2Play option for CoW in parallel to the existing Pay2Win and I'm even convinced that Bytro could earn even more money if offering both (although the amounts you bring forward are too ridiculously low - gold-free maps would have to be way more expensive in order to make it a good deal for Bytro as well). However, this was proposed and rejected many times. I very much assume that Bytro doesn't want (expensive) gold-free-rounds…

• @EZ Dolittle, I answered both remarks already on page 1 of this thread. See mainly --> this post <-- concerning infantry recruitment duration and --> this post <-- concerning costs of barracks.