Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 120.

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Which unit type should it be? ” Armored Quote from blue44elephant: “if you drop its attack stats and someone wonts to kick some unwanted visitors out of their territory then i don't see the point in building one. and doesn't make sense for it being able to rip apart a panzer III and a train runs on rails so the speed doesn't decrease and nobody build rails in mountains. forests won't efeect speed because the trains is running on rails and they had a serious advantage in…

• If I had to do Armored Trains without changing any rules (so no "can only go on infrastructure") => To avoid them being used in attack, I would give them appalling stats in attack and solid stats in defense => This way, I would not care about the issue of them travelling in hostile territory, since they would presumably not be used in attack, except to buff up an attack which is OK as far as usage go. => They would only be available, in historical scenario, to some countries (Poland, USSR, Eston…

• Quote from blue44elephant: “Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Ok, never knew about that but is it commonly used? ” it was used in ww1 and ww2 extensively and were fought for very hard by both sides but the train was vulnerable to commando raids blitz paratrooping attacks but even then entire battalions used abandon their orders and run when they used to hear the sound of the train. the russians developed one in cold war for launching ammunition delivery systems and nuclear warheads ” It was vulnerable t…

• Corona Virus Bonus?

Chimere - - Off Topic

Quote from Devious Rancor: “ Um, no, it actually originated in the Far East....Mongolia, I believe. It slowly traveled along the Silk Road and when it reached the Europeans, it found the continent knee deep in the mini ice age, thus poor crops, which meant poor diets, which therefore meant that people had weakened immune systems needed to fight off viral infections. Also, poor hygiene of the pagans making up the so-called "Dark Ages", as well as ignorance of proper hygiene even among the more-ci…

• The armored train was a terrible weapon by WW2 except a few lucky happenstance or as a slightly mobile bunker in cities. It is rail bound, it can’t really hide, it can’t be massed, it can be avoided or mobility killed easily, and it took significant personal to man it. WW2 armored trains were all survivors of WW1 or of the wars of 1919// early 20ies

• Trains in WW2 were like airships, tankettes or battlecruisers : yes they were used but their role in the grand scheme of things was extremely accessory and they were survivors of WWI (or for the tankette : from the 20ies // 30ies). They are in my opinions units that were more used than trains, that would not be as complex to implement and that are still missing, for instance cavalry units.

• Corona Virus Bonus?

Chimere - - Off Topic

I am a designer / producer for a mobile game company, and trust me we there is quite a spike of activity. What we joke about is that "Everyday is a week-end" (week-ends are correlated with spikes in activity & spending).

• OK. Who starts with a RR gun ?

• Hello, It may seem super minor, but I was surprised : I thought the start of the 100 map was, for everyone : - 15 INF - 2 AA - 2 AC - 1 Fighter It looks like Tibet starts with only 1 AC. If I lose, I know who to blame :p Yes it is minor

• Quote from Khabarovsk krai: “Historical world war map is unfair For some reason:USA is low on low in the historical world war map, but this was NOT true, in ww2, USA never ran our of oil, China: low on food?!, since when was ww2 China was low on food? Germany: low on oil, well, germany was only low on oil after 1943, and the map takes place on 1939 Ussr: NO economic problem?! What?....? ” First, I like the "unfair", from someone who clearly played a lot of major powers :). China had famine issue…

• New Unit Idea

Chimere - - Suggestions / Criticism

By the way, to all of you BC & BB fans, I recommand the outstanding PC game (though ugly) "Rule the Waves 2" You get to design your own ships, and build then, and receive them too late and when they are already obsolete because it takes 4 years to build one

• New Unit Idea

Chimere - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Butterbear: “I think maybe they used gliders, and speaking of new u it's, how about battlecrusiers? :D, I think they would be a great fit, I mean I have lvl 7 cruisers but to me they lack punch if you know what I mean lol ” The battlecruiser / battleship split was more a WWI thing than a WW2 thing. By the 30ies, naval admiralties did not have to make a choice between speed and armor - hence what was sometimes called "fast battleships". The remaining battlecruisers of WW2 were built be…

• Personally, on large maps I stopped researching Light Tanks (except level 1 LT) and research full AC and Medium. Light Tank only advantage vs Medium is speed, and AC is faster and cheaper than LT. On smaller maps, I keep the Light Tanks as in these you don't have the time to ramp up the industry for Medium.

• Armored car see further than any other land unit in the game. I like to mix 1 or 2 up with stacks early games, to capture spots ahead of time and to scout around me. Of course, late game, planes are better for that, but that's the problem with planes, not with AC. They are also seriously buffed in 1.5

• I have seen paratroopers used perfectly well to jump over seas that were protected by an enemy fleet (France to UK). They are fine as they are, very situationnal.

• Yeah I was always frustrated with supply drops in coalition territory, or even share map territory.

• I think the Russian Civil War would match pretty well, and it would have a nice twist with 2 variation. One variation could have all the players on the edge of the map, and the middle being the "Red // Bolchevik", an Elite AI super power that would initially be attacked by all sides by the players that would need to cooperate... until they tear themselves apart. Of course, some players further away from the Red initially could exploit that In which case, player faction could be (roughtly counter…

• Quote from Bundy34: “Quote from Chimere: “Well, some - if not most - people have no concern with rockets in Call of War. Isn't their opinion valid ? ” Just because people are against the idea of weakening Rockets doesn't mean they have no concern about Rockets. Some of them are Rocket Spammers themselves and talking against an idea that will be better for the game and we are talking about the Serious concern of Rockets not talking about if they use Rockets or not. ” Have you imagined that you ar…

• Well, some - if not most - people have no concern with rockets in Call of War. Isn't their opinion valid ?

• Quote from Bundy34: “Quote from Ryan04px2025: “@Bundy34 My teammate accidentally fired a rocket at a enemy unit a km away from mine and damaged mine ” I didn't really know about that. Rockets are just too powerful in this game that no-one can see the problem with it. ” How many games have you done ? People with a lot of experiences tells you it is certainly not, and it is the first time I ever hear this comment. Something else I don't like with Rockets is that it is often used by golders to rain…