Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 93.

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “@General cdub Don't know if you were here before, a long time ago, either the entire server is down or something else happened and people were given gold as apologies. Keep scrolling in the COW homepage updates. By the way, I still don't get what a rally point does... ” Well, I have been here since November 2015 and have played constantly except for a 2 week period when wifey and I went to visit our grandchildrent, (normally we fly them to us). Don't remember any major …

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “An emergency would be a bug that makes the game unplayable on inaccessible. Thankfully these are rare. ” Thank you sir for your explanation. I have to admit, in all the time I have been playing, I have never had the problem you are describing other than when the company has had a scheduled downtime. I as well would hope that type of bug would be very rare as well. Best regards, General cdub

• Greetings Varlon, An emergency? If I may ask, what constitutes an emergency in a game that is played online through a browser? I mean no disrespect sir, General cdub

• Greetings Exterminators of the dreaded bugs, Ever since the most recent update, my rally point flags are not showing up in Province Administration. I reported this in-game already and Dante responded. He asked me to send him a screen shot in which I did. He stated that he would forward it to the team/devs. I am sure this has been done but I was wondering how long this might take to fix as it is a constant pain to have to recheck every unit I am building to see if it has a rally point set. I appr…

• Quote from Arcorian: “ Today we released a big amount of bug fixes, improvements and a new 5th fire control mode - Offensive! The new fire control mode “offensive” will make sure that your troops stay on high alert and attack any enemy within range. When you choose this setting for a unit, it will start bombarding enemy armies, even if the execution of other orders have to be deferred. The offensive fire mode will stop movement of your units to attack enemies, but they will not attack neutral un…

• Quote from Devious Rancor: “Though I have a vehement anger towards the entire "fire control" ability of High Command, there is a simple fix to the problem of unintended wars, one that is super simple to implement and also amenable to most players. Just make is that the aggressive setting only applies to "War", "Cease Fire", and "Trade Embargo" relationships. This makes sense, since you might pull the trigger on someone that you can't stand, even if you aren't currently at war with them. ” Mr. Ra…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Currently, when you enter "aggressive" fire style (HC feature) for artillery or navy units, they will also fire on troops of neutra/peace nation they happen to pass by, leading to unwanted wars. I'd like to request a change so troops with aggressive fire style only fire on troops that are currently enemies. ” This has been one of the best changes that COW has made. I like the feature as it allows me to set my units that guard my borders to Aggressive so that any unit t…

• Quote from ducwigen: “Quote from General cdub: “I have to agree with Bundy on many aspects to what he states about Rockets. I don't believe they should be removed from the game but the cost of making Rockets needs to be drastically increased, especially with Rare Materials. I have watched people Spam Rockets and just target every air base in range. I understand you need people to buy and spend gold to make Call of War a viable business, but there does need to be a considerable adjustment to the …

• Greetings Mr. Krai, I have played that map many times to finish off my Achievements. I have played many different countries including the countries you have mentioned in this map but by far, I like starting from South America the best. In all fairness to what you are saying, the reasoning behind the problems you listed are simple. USA: Very Large Navy which uses more oil than anything else in the game. China: Food Problem is a problems for all nations that actually expand due to the consumption …

• Call of War 1.5 round 2!

General cdub - - News

Quote from Akulla3D: “I would think that as long as you are in battle or in a foreign territory you should not be able it initiate an upgrade. ” I agree just like in 1.0, while in battle, a player can't heal their units with gold. They should not be able to upgrade their units with or without using gold. I will add however that while upgrading in 1.5, your unit is immobile and can't attack. It will have its defensive strength in case it gets attacked during the upgrade time. With that being said…

• New Unit Idea

General cdub - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Devious Rancor: “This is my all-time favorite screenshot of 4 years of playing this game. ” As a follow up to my posts and questions as there has been no response but I have been thinking of these screen shots and battle that supposedly took place. For one, you state that you have been playing this game for four years yet your current account only shows you playing since 6/24/17. Close enough for good measure, but I do believe Coalitions were in effect at that time as well as the time…

• New Unit Idea

Greetings Mr. Rancor, Your screen shots are very nice and impressive. I do have a question for you after reading your comments on each screen shot, Devious Rancor wrote and I quote…… “I had 52 nukes in this shot as Algeria.” “This is my all-time favorite screenshot of 4 years of playing this game.” “This is one of the closeups of that nuclear spread.” So when did this game play out? Was this in 2015 to early 2016? I only ask as that was before Coalitions and games could take 3 to 6 months in the…

• New Unit Idea

I believe he was referring to a whole new unit not items already in the game to speed up movement. Infrastructure will only help speed up a unit for the units built in that particular province. It is even more so in 1.5. On the other hand, just like a transport ship across the ocean that you can upgrade to improve speed and protection for all units, I think that is what his idea was about. Could be wrong and if so, he can correct me. Still think it is an interesting game. Whether it works for us…

• New Unit Idea

I find this an interesting idea. Not sure how many would use it and if they would add in a unit "Railroad Train" or if it would be automatic like a Convoy Ship when sending your troops out to sea. On the flip side though, one of the things that attracted me to Call of War in the beginning is the real time aspect. Many players have to work or other things. I liked that as it was not a game where I had to be on all the time. I could give orders to my troops in the morning and get home from work an…

• Chris, Send a message to Ryan04px2025, He has a Training Alliance that could help you learn the game. Many of the very active alliances have in their description that they will only accept experienced players. Also, if you have any questions or want some tips, you can always send me a message and I will share with you not only what works best for me, but what I have seen works well from other players as well. On another note, when you enter into a game, reach out to the most experienced player a…

• Elite AI

General cdub - - Off Topic

Butterbear, If you did in fact become the #1 nation in VPs when the game ended, my guess is that you were still part of your original coalition giving you a coalition victory which pays out far less than a solo victory. Also do note, that if you are the last player in a map because everyone else quit, (which happens in the 10 player maps often), and you are the number 1 player, you can retire at any time and still receive the win and the gold rewards as the solo victor. I am only guessing to why…

• Call of War 1.5 round 2!

General cdub - - News

Quote from Akulla3D: “Quote from Butterbear: “I have an idea, bear with me lol. Let's say your in a coalition with someone and they go inactive while you two are in the same war, if he goes inactive maybe the ai could hand over manual control of the inactive players troops only. ” Interesting. That is an issue something like that would be nice. Have a nice day. ” That already happens in the game. The AI takes over and they are not going to switch back to peace with the nation(s) you and him are …

• User Names

Greetings Vorlon and PrinceOfHonor, I appreciate your replies. While I may not agree with them, I understand your point of view. I for one do not like reporting unless I have something more than just suspicion. If someone gets vulgar, very insulting or something extreme, then yes, I will report it at times. What I have found in these cases though most of the time that if they are near me, it is faster for me to attack them and take them out of the game. Depending on my Military at the time, thei…

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “"Being on top" only refers to a long history of playing, it isn't necessairily about being good)) ” K. Rokossovski, I agree with the last part of your statement, "it isn't necessarily about being good". The first part though about a "long history of playing", I beg to differ. I have found that being on top really only refers to playing a lot of games. I have seen many players that have a high ranking that have only been playing a year, maybe two but they have 300, 400 …

• Greetings all that want to have this type of an option. I really don't see a need for it. I for one would ask you, why would you want to disband or deactivate a unit? My guess is that you are having a food shortage problem because you out built your Food Supply. If you are having this problem, why have you not built Infrastructure in your Food providing Provinces? It always seems that when people are new, they always out build their food supply. Over time though, they learn not to do this. You b…