Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 59.

• imgur.com/a/LEVTBiU This screenshot shows my interceptor patrolling over the boarder. The blue patrol zone is larger than the highlighted viewing area of the interceptor. Can that interceptor actually see anything in its oval blue patrol range, or am I missing seeing what is not covered by the smaller view circle? I sent the patrol to recon a border territory base on the blue patrol range, but often I come up short of getting the target in the highlighted view range. I keep an eye out for a test…

• Quote from freezy: “This issue was under investigation but in our tests provinces rebelled, so we did not find a reproducible case yet. Also in the 1.5 round that I played during last Event I also saw rebellions. Question is then: Is the bug here really that no rebellions occur at all anymore, or is just the chance lower than it used to be? If the latter that would explain why in some "lucky" instances there are no rebellions for a longer time while we still se rebellions in our tests. Also the …

• Thanks for the info. The bomber patrol area in blue is oval and slightly larger than the round lighted up ground under the bombers in enemy territory. Thanks for working on a fix for the fact that some units are identified in visible but not identifiable range. It has tricked me on several occasions as I actually run into larger diversified stacks.

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “The chance of rebellion is simply a chance, not a guarantee of rebellion. ” It is definitely wrong. It was wrong on the COW 1.5 event too. We are talking 20+ territories at over 50% stated chance of rebellion for 20+ game days in a row with no desertions. Try and flip that coin 400 times as heads in a row.

• I could not see if this is a known issue, it is minor, but its obvious. My Tactical Bombers now have a vertical oval blue shade area on patrol, while the visible area in the lit up in the enemy country is a circle that is not as big. I cant tell is they will see and hit units in the blue shaded area that is not lit up with a view range. The patrol range should be fixed to match the view range or vise versa because why would they fly where they cannot see? I have also noticed that an opponents ba…

• I am playing in three 4x Historic 73 all playable maps at the moment. I have noticed many countries smoldering with unguarded provinces hovering around 0-10% morale for 10-20 game days. There territories mostly dont produce anything and many dont even have units. A couple extreme examples are france and netherlands colonies after their mainlands have been taken. They dont even have resources to feed their country or build a capital, yet none desert. I just dont want to bother going to war with t…

• Here are some considerations to think of when selecting the game parameter "start when full". Unless you think maps will fill completely in very short order, please do not use start when full for event maps. The current event is an every country (even weak countries that few are going to want to take on during a 4x speed 14 day match), historic, country choice, start when full, 4x speed, 14 day time limit match. Start when full maps are not compatible with historic, country selection maps. If it…

• I agree with this and have had to sell a few random 10-20 units of something I didn't want to sell in order to post a sell trade. Make the commission be on the sale. The market is underutilized as always, but worse now. Better yet, bet rid of the commission or lower it to 2% each way or only 5% out of the sellers take. To combat market resource hiders, just auto cancel enough or the relevant resource and cash buy units to cover the spoils if needed. If they loose the capital, cancel all resource…

• Call of War 1.5 round 2!

FinnDaddy - - News

I really enjoy the direct response to our feedback! Its the best thing I've ever seen on a game, bravo! I apologize that I didn't have time to read the whole thread- so if my comment is redundant, just take it as reiteration. I made a comment of the slow response time of aircraft due to refueling and faster initiation and resolution of ground battles making them arrive at the show too late. There are a couple refinements needed for aircraft: 1. Direct strike has less value vs patrolling due to p…

• Call of War 1.5 round 2!

FinnDaddy - - News

Very interesting and I find COW 1.5v2 much more complicated and strategic than original COW. I like the vast majority of what has been done. You should consider a skill based ranking system to go along with the experience based one that counts unit actions and construction, and beef up the stats in general. Here are a couple things that I think need work: 1. The market is ineffective due to the cost to buy and sell. Why do you have to pay the commission when you post a sell order? When I am out …

• There are a lot of good uses for rockets and none of them are the only reason for victory. They can only be fired from airports, and are easy to kill while on the ground or in convoy. They also burn oil while stockpiled. Their intended uses are to: 1. Soften fortifications before frontal assault or artillery barrage. 2. Soften big stationary stacks that are too dangerous for air assault. Try to catch tanks in cities. 3. Disable airbases or hit aircraft on the ground, especially with returning or…

• Maldrid, It may be advertising and making it more basic is a piece of the puzzle. I just don't want more of the same new users that don't follow through with or even not do anything in a round, so advertising the game without improving wont help keep me here. With so little interest in posts like these and no one with actual feasibility or metrics info knowledge (i dont) able to put forth ideas or even agree to define the problem, it can be frustrating for guys like you and I. I made a post call…

• I have been playing over a similar time period and anecdotally think that the game has been loosing steam the whole time, sadly. You could get in on all kinds of maps and they filled up pretty fast. While there are more map types now, you can only join a couple. The forum seemed a lot busier in 2016 for sure. Are any metrics posted, like daily unique user logins? Or number of accounts active within the last week? Those would be interesting for both the forum and That said, i think the advertisem…

• Read my stats

FinnDaddy - - General Discussions

I'm just trying to add some additional points when considering stats. I do make assumptions based on K/D ratio, victories, and experience, but its always good to dig a little deeper. While some say they are meaningless to identify good players, 80% of the time its the best you can go by and it works. Make up the remainder with diplomacy and you are well on your way to identifying or neutralizing your threats. That said, three additional stats on how many of each unit you have trained, how many o…

• I already give ROW to all AI nations day 1, and yes even more important now. Some games they reciprocate fast, sometimes very very slow. The lost ships and wars this caused were live players. I even gave one person ROW when I saw his convoy was going to collide with me, while the paper said he started the war, it was still a war and my my units were down to 40% strength by the time I got a sub in there to set them free. There are some adjustments that can be made, but it decreases the value of s…

• What a great post atreas1! I am glad to see you say not to join a coalition strait away. I try hard to avoid joining a coalition a newby made on day 1 for no valid reason. Usually, enough nearby people are inactive or there are some good AI targets to keep you busy so you can keep early peace with everyone for the first 8 days or so. The longer time goes on, the greater advantage I will have vs their nascent coalition. I will not join a coalition without a reason and not without reasonable assur…

• Big read, so I expect the Devs and those interested in the future of the game only to read. This game has innovated some very cool stuff and I have made some of the best online friends i could have ever imagined, but I am worried about the dwindling user base and poor new player retention. If some of my suggestions cant be used, perhaps they can go into a future Bytro game. After frustration that hardly any team event teammates are actually playing and over half didn't even build anything or tra…

• I am also glad they are working on it, but I was hoping this debacle would be over soon. Randomly crossing convoys even go to war. This has caused war 5 times in two matches with me recently, my subs and convoys were sunk by peaceful countries I had no beef with. In real live, the US and Russia have passed by each other 1000's of times in international waters, and even the US has been passing by Iranian ships during heightened tensions without going to war. I like the opt in Idea in case I want …

• Event - Rush for Europe

Could they have left some of the Tutorial 2x times in there and speed that up by 6x?

• Event - Rush for Europe

In game 2803511, patrols are ticking every 1 minute and 15 second. naval combat and artillery is going every 5 mins instead of ten. 12X. Game days are 4 hours and everything else seems ok. Anyone else experiencing this? Glad I went with and arty/air offense.