Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 513.

• Nefarious Players

gusv - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from VorlonFCW: “While the name of the game is “Call” of War, this should not indicate an expectation that other players will phone ahead for a reservation before dropping by unexpectedly. ” I agree. After all this is a war game, similar in principle to the old 'Risk' game ... I'm only on my fifteenth game. Normally in the early days I act peacefully and focus on economic development. The only exception to my recollection been in one of my early games in the tutorial where my neighbor in F…

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Or you can use attack to take over provinces too! Just make sure that there are no ranged units in the stack or it will only attack within that range and your infantry units will be useless ” Agree. You can always break up a stack and move forward and attack and take over a province with your armor & infantry while your artillery fires on the target province. And there are many choices that you can use to range your artillery- depending on tactical needs (e.g. return fi…

• Best country?

gusv - - Questions and Answers

Quote from FortyMcFortFace: “In certain games, countrys do not have a difference between army size or research (Tutorial, World at War, etc) but in others, namely Historic World War 1939, it does ” Agree with your assessment the 39 historical map. However, there are a few more countries that are playable (other than the big 7), particularly if in coalition with two other decent players. I had coalition wins using Spain, Turkey, and Brazil. And came in second place with remotely isolated South Af…

• Quote from Marching in Place: “WHEN should I choose "Attack" instead of "Move"? ” I use the attack mode when using artillery, bombers, rockets, and capital ships to bombard an adversary. I use move when I advance a unit to take over a province, move to a city or airport, or land in an adversary's island- or a strategic retreat to reassemble unit with reinforcements ...

• How to counter SP Artillery?

gusv - - General Discussions

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “his artillery destroy the naval units as some naval units are weaker than artillery ” Agree. In this game, destroyers are one of those units weaker than artillery. And as I said before: 'if he's near one of your capital ships (e.g. battleship or cruiser) just expose him to some naval bombardment' ... thumbup.png

• How to counter SP Artillery?

Quote from Teburu: “other artillery or airunits or just catch him when he enters your territory; since he then gets a -50% speedpenalty you should get them pretty easily ” Good points! ... And if he's near one of your capital ships (e.g. battleship or cruiser) just expose him to some naval bombardment ...

• Update on the server issues on 2020-04-02

gusv - - News

Thank you recovery team ... Will anxiously wait for my 5,000 gold on Monday! ... (-:

• I'm only on my fifteenth game- having played 7 in tutorial, 7 in 39 historical, and 1 on endgame 44. Of those maps, the one most similar to clash of nations is the tutorial. There my best three results were with Sweden, Caucus and Southern US ...

• No Gold Allowed

gusv - - Suggestions / Criticism

I agree that an entry fee would be reasonable. However, it could be higher than the numbers alexiacob mentioned (>30k) ...

• Servers Down

Thank you recovery team! ...

• Servers Down

Same here with game 3,078,842 (1944 Endgame) ... Was prompted that game needed reload- then 'nothing' ... Re-started computer over 15 minute period and ... 'nada'! ... I'm afraid I may lose a few planes in a couple of bombing raids I was doing when this happened ...

• No Gold Allowed

Quote from alexiacob: “How about creating a game a month or a game a week where gold is not allowed? ” Computer developers get paid an average salary of over $4,000 in Germany- so that they pay their families' expenses for food, rent, transportation, etc. ... Are you suggesting that they work for free for your entertainment- perhaps go homeless and hungry? ...

• Artillery

I think that you are looking from an answer from somebody in the staff ... Just from personal observation in my games as a player, it looks like Commandoes are the only unit that has a slight edge in the mountains. I do imagine that the -25% may be a penalty reflecting difficulty of movement in carrying and positioning artillery units? ...

• Solo Victory Conditions

Quote from Devious Rancor: “51% of all VP's needed at day-change to trigger a solo victory ” I have only done this a couple of times, but 51% looks good for a solo victory. If it looks paltry to you is probably because you are either a top gun player or you had not had to fight it off with any top gun players (e.g. rated 100) like I had in my last game, where I finished second to one. By the way, solo victories in the tutorial board may look easy for a strong player with weak opposition. But it …

• Alliances

gusv - - Questions and Answers

In some instances some players, like myself, would rather wait for a few days before joining an alliance (e.g. tutorial game, 39 historical map, etc.). The only exception for me so far is my first Endgame 1944 scenario, where I chose country at random and find myself fighting as German Army Group Center- allied automatically with German Army Group West and German Army Group South. The nine countries (3 Western Allies, 3 German groups, and 3 Russian fronts) seemed balanced compared to the 39 hist…

• In my last game I played South Africa in the 39 Historical Map. I had played 6 games in this map and I don't recall anybody ever playing South Africa! But I recalled that the World Herald always placed South Africa among the top nations in terms of economic leadership. So, I gave it a try. By its isolation, I knew that I would not get wiped out by a super-power early in the game. As a matter of fact, I took over Portugal's and Belgium's neighboring colonies early in the game- Zaire (old Belgian …

• Map Voting time guys

Quote from Khabarovsk krai: “Option 3:historical world war map ” Only completed 7 games in tutorial and 7 games in 39 map ... 39 historical map is my choice so far ...

• Corona Virus Bonus?

gusv - - Off Topic

Quote from EZ Dolittle: “in the USA the first thing that runs out is Toilet Paper ” A former co-worker in NASA told me the the main provider of the inner cardboard cylinder of toilet paper rolls is from China. I guess there's a fear that there may be a temporary shortage of such item. Personally, I've been using paper towels. Other people have recommended napkins ... As for the run on water, I have not heard any good reason for such a thing ...

• Never under-rate a country in the 39 map. Player quality is important. It's map conducive to coalition wins. In my first game as Brazil, I won in coalition with Turkey and Manchuria- the latter not a popular pick. In my current game- I'm South Africa. That's not a popular pick either. But in coalition with the US and Germany, we are 2-3 days short of victory ...

• I have only completed 13 games (7 in tutorial and 6 in 39 Historical). In the 39 historical and my 3 favorite countries, of those I played, are: USA, Japan, Italy ... cool.png