Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 806.

• Call of War 1.5 round 2!

freezy - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Quote from freezy: “I am a fan of single-purpose buildings, so we could of course split Infrastructure into 2 buildings. ” Please don't!Infra giving both morale and movement bonus makes decisions where to build it difficult and that's good. It also adds to realism, because it gives an incentive to build infra in both rural provinces and cities. If you remove the moral bonus from infra and invent a new building giving it (for example called "civil facilities"), players w…

• To make decisions like this we try to rely on big data analysis. We actually tried this like 2 years ago and our numbers showed that tutorials without the rank restriction worked better. Of course we could repeat that test at some point to check if something changed, or run it with different criteria. For the near future it stays like it is.

• Coalition Map Mode

freezy - - Suggestions / Criticism

thanks for the feedback. Thats on our feature suggestions list.

• Thanks for the feedback on the mobile version! Some of the things you mentioned are on our list for improvements. I can't tell you when we get to do those improvements, but we have it on our plan to improve the mobile version further. Some things have to be a compromise though, as on mobile we have limited screen space, so we cannot just show all info on one screen.

• Quote from EZ Dolittle: “I find it strange and somewhat unacceptable that a Basic Battleship with 15" or 16" guns has a shorter range than a level 3 land artillery unit. ” not the case in CoW1.5 anymore. so problem solved

freezy - - News

Thanks for the detailed feedback and your suggestions. A lot of your points have been discussed already in this feedback thread and in the Feedback Thread of Event 1. So I won't discuss them again. Just want give feedback that I read them. Some of your suggestions are fitting to our approach, so I noted them down and they have a chance to end up in the next event. Keep in mind that we can't do all of your suggestions since some things are deliberately the way they are and on some things we recei…

• Yeah its a bug in all languages on mobile, not specific to the Japanese server.

• Hi, your Bomber should do damage in the whole blue area. The 2 areas actually should match, the patrol area being painted in a more round circle appears to be a bug. Troops being visible in the semi-fog is a bug, it will be fixed in an future update. The advanced graphics mode does not display the "fake vision" around country coastlines. I recommend using that mode as the older graphics version will not get fixed in that regard.

• This issue was under investigation but in our tests provinces rebelled, so we did not find a reproducible case yet. Also in the 1.5 round that I played during last Event I also saw rebellions. Question is then: Is the bug here really that no rebellions occur at all anymore, or is just the chance lower than it used to be? If the latter that would explain why in some "lucky" instances there are no rebellions for a longer time while we still se rebellions in our tests. Also the question is if there…

• Thanks for the report, we will fix it.

• disbanding units

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Hello, you could just send them out for now. Make good use of them as it has been suggested many times and most players don't find the need of it. Anyways, in COW 1.5, you will not have unit upkeep anymore. ” You mixed that up. In 1.5 you don't have province upkeep, but you still have unit upkeep.

• Since you will now receive some free High Command (read latest news), you can try out Fire controls And don't forget to try the build queue, very handy.

freezy - - News

Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Talking about hiding units, is it possible if you send a commando unit to the capitol of the enemy before declaring war and then suddenly declare war and take the capitol? With enough commando units, you could take down the enemy almost without fighting as you know where the units are. ” Its not possible with Commandos to go through provinces without fighting. So you cannot just place alot of Commandos sneakily into empty provinces and wait for the right moment to decla…

freezy - - News

Quote from Akulla3D: “Wondering if there eill be another round or just an upgrade? ” There will be a new Event in the next 1-2 months. Need some time first to implement changes and features Quote from Leon The IV: “I'm just wondering are we getting an annexation feature? it would be a lot cooler if we did, i was playing as Ireland in that All counties all in map and i took northern Ireland back and it looked so ugly with those green stripes going threw the land i wanted to be part of my country …

freezy - - News

Quote from cycle9: “please do not base any conclusions on turtle-down, build-but-do-not-attack strategy.there are enough sim-city++ games out there already. ” I didn't turtle down btw, won my game round as first place and had too much manpower in the end as I said. I think its likely we will lower the production boost but at the same time also the cost of Industries, so that it takes the same time to artmortise but so that there is not such a large discrepancy between building them and not build…

• Quote from MrOberleut: “After spending a lot of time on CoW 1.5 I started watching some Yugoslav turbofolk and came to the realization we need some darn rocket artillery and self propelled rocket artillery, Practically anti tank artillery but is a morale “buster” you could say now I have not much to say other than we need some damn rockets besides these regular rockets and to put the rocket artillery before you can research actual long range rockets as a buffer zone against rockets and for it to…

• In-Game Music format

Don't get me wrong, I totally agree on the part that our long term community members are very valuable to us and to the community. So we definitely appreciate their activity and their effort to help other players. There are indeed already playlist extensions out there. We won't endorse any 3rd party tools though, as that's often murky water. And this topic is really not as important enough to warrant news posts on the front page. If it were then there would be alot of other topics that would war…

• I would like to have that as well. Its on the list, maybe it will be done with 1.5, but maybe other stuff gets prio first.

• In-Game Music format

Quote from Devious Rancor: “Well, all this mobile promotion kinda falls on deaf ears for most of the dedicated community. The simple fact is, that serious empire management must be done on a desktop. The mobile solution is — at best — merely a way to check in on small matches (i.e., early in a match) or just to check on a few things that you already know what and where you are going to do. Vast empire management is far too impractical for the mobile version and even the new graphics set makes la…

• Quote from Teburu: “addition to my last post: i think 1.5 has the wrong approach to balancing rockets keeping their damage the same (or roughly the same? will have to check for detail) as in 1.0 while other units have massive changes to HP/Dmgoutput (at least in theory) that will make rockets lategame fairly useless as even a max lvl rocket will take 2 hits to kill a max lvl inf (again: will check later for detailed numbers) .... seems a bit too extreme to me as of right now so now a bit closer …