Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 856.

• Quote from MontanaBB: “ Do we still have the option of doing private, non-points games? If so, that may be a good venue to play with them . . . . ” Yes, though the maps you can pick have been limited. Some are always there, and some are rotating.

• I have built and used them on quite often. I usually play 100p maps nowadays, which means there is enough time and space to develop them; wouldn't know about smaller maps. You probably remember that I was against the introduction in province-capturing form, but now they are here, hey lets use them. Actually the depiction of them isn't very bad, especially the long cooldown after landing. By the scale of the 100p map, it is very rare that you are close to REAL economy centers (core, most likely) …

• Black box

K.Rokossovski - - Beta Feedback & Issues

Sounds like the game is trying to display a picture, but your internet connection cannot fetch it in time...

• What do you expect... people telling you "I will attack you tomorrow"?

• Let's be honest, you can't really fight SPA... when your enemy has them, you' re just doomed.

• Issues seem to be back? I find the game ahrdly playable right now... especially " immediate server orders" or smth like that, when you enter some order and expect your unit/city to go do something, are processed with immense lag. After the page, they' re usually just gone, as if you never told them to go do anything at all.... sure my units like a bit of R&R, but here at headquarters we would like them to listen to us...

• Production

K.Rokossovski - - General Discussions

XP, do you mean one of those thing that make your "rankings" go up? To be honest, no serious player takes "ranking" into consideration when judging anyone's skill. Join a thousand sleepy games and build a thousand nuclear reactors in each? Thank you.

• Weather

1,723 Ah sorry, was I saying that out loud? Well, I'm actually counting how many times people are suggesting "weather" in some way.

• Production

What ridiculuos advices go round here. Sure, build barracks in key manpower producing cities if you have enough food and lack manpower. But don' t overdo it, and don' t listen to anyone saying "every" in sentences about this.

• Plus, most airborne troops at the time weren't parachute, but glider-carried. In Arnhem's first airborne division landing for example, two combat brigades were parachute, the third and all support troops (artillery, recce, AT, engineers, signals, medical, etc etc) came in gliders. Now after imagining launching big transport planes from an aircraft carrier (exactly - IMAGINING), extend that image to launching them with a glider behind them...

• Production

Industrial complexes and shipyards work as well, and so does NOT building lots of food-consuming units (like infantry). You have to plan this well ahead though; when the crisis is already there, it is usually too late.

• Yeah, rebellions seem to be bugged now, they are very rare, it was reported but no response yet from devs.

• That's true when it's being fired upon, similar to moving land units being fired upon by artillery. However, when melee combat starts (units in the same spot or very close together), either on sea or land, neither side can retreat.

• New unit idea

K.Rokossovski - - Suggestions / Criticism

The same way as infantry in trucks; motorized infantry also dismounts before he actual fighting starts. You use the horse for transport TO the battlefield, dismount there, and fight as infantry. The advantage is the mobility/flexibility of deployment.

• Too bad Vorlon closed the other thread, but I want to thank the developers for implementing this! So much for he criticism about not listening to the community, eh? Keep it up!

• New unit idea

Little known fact: the Soviets used many cavalry units right until the end of the war. These troops really fought like dragoons, riding to the battlefield but dismounting before actually doing battle; something like motorized infantry without motors. In rough terrain (like much of the little-roaded USSR was at the time), the horses performed better than oil-based transport.

• New Map Mode

Maybe you could try to explain why this would be so good? There' s actually an event where you start with many troops and resources and I don' t think it' s any fun to play personally...

• Well, you are wrong... I hardly play "normal" speed games anymore except for special reasons (keeping FP status, matches against specific opponents), there are many times when I play NO GAMES AT ALL because I'm occupied elsewhere, then sometimes I play ONE speed game when I know I will have enough free time. I'm always disappointed when I DO have spare time but no event is available. I don't think managing a "vast empire" is much of a job (I almost always manage "vast empires", the 100p map is m…

• Quote from Devious Rancor: “Quote from K.Rokossovski: “But it would still dilute the specialness of the 4X matches ” ” Well even though I understand that you will give your opinion on everything, I don't think you should argue on this. You just indicated 4x games aren't for you; and that's fine. But don't argue that they should be "special"; for a new generation of younger players, this is simply "normal" speed and they might argue that slow matches should be "special" with equal justification. …

• No one is asking for 4x speed on ALL games; the OP asked for 4x games to be available more often (ideally always), a request I fully support. It is sad to lose players who favor a fast game because it is simply not available. These games can be very intense, which is exactly what some people want... especially for holidays or corona lockdowns. It is frustrating when these don' t coincide with the whims in Hamburg. And if it is too much for you, simply don't join them.