Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 194.

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

JesterTheSheep - - Off Topic

Quote from eruth: “Mine is when people mix fast and slow units. Tanks are powerful, sure, but their main advantage (when you compare their power for cost) is their speed. The faster your stack the fewer times it gets attacker by arty and aircraft; the faster your stack the less time the enemy has to produce units before you conquer their ICs; the faster your stack the harder it is for their defensive units to patch up the holes. Let me tell you a story: I once player USSR in 25 historical map. I…

• When you enter a coalition with other players, each of you has signed a little treaty with one another to cooperate with, aid, and support the others. Backstabbing is a sign that you cannot - and will not - be trusted. It shows you have no honor, that you don't care whether or not your allies are on your side. It's one thing to take over an ally who isn't carrying their weight, but to take over an equal solely on the grounds that you had the option to is a massive blow to people's opinion of you…

• Worst countries

JesterTheSheep - - General Discussions

Quote from Chimere: “Island countries (Australia, S-E Asia) are pretty bad, except maybe Madagascar and UK (need to check the resource start though). ” I beg to differ. Island Countries are some of the hardest countries to invade. You gain a sheer geographical advantage from the start of the game. Even if there's just a narrow waterway between you and the mainland, that's still hours lost to embarking and disembarking. Also, Sumatra is exceptional in the right hands. Enough food for a massive in…

• Worst countries

The worst I'VE ever played was Greece. Your starting resources are complete and utter garbage.

• My Great Grandfather served on a US Destroyer in the pacific. I don't know a whole lot about him (he fought, came home, had a kid, and died I do believe) but what I do know is he had a piece of Ki-43 Hayabusa fuselage in his house somewhere. I never got to see it, but I always wanted to.

• Quote from PC-JPCIII: “Basing the unit % of damage on the number of units in a stack is completely flawed... Yes stacks of 100 used to be impossible to kill off.. and a stack of 100 SP Artillery did a "killer" amount of damage.. But to claim that the units damage should decrease as the stack increases is silly if the excuse is.. well when you have that many units in an area they tend to get jumbled up... that makes no sense at all... none... now if the game had 100 different paths to enter a cit…

• Release Notes - 2020-05-19

JesterTheSheep - - News

Quote from freezy: “Quote from JesterTheSheep: “Ideally, maybe we can get late aircraft skins too? The Soviets had more than just the I-15r. ” lategame or earlygame skins for the other unit categories will follow over the next months. So air units will also receive new skins soon. ” Wonderful! I'll be looking forward to them!

JesterTheSheep - - News

Ideally, maybe we can get late aircraft skins too? The Soviets had more than just the I-15r.

• Worst countries

Quote from GeneralAumSum: “Quote from JesterTheSheep: “Quote from GeneralAumSum: “One of the worst countries to play as is Sweden because it doesn’t have a lot of naval access ” So take over Norway... ” Haha but u have so much to research for navy in the beginning so u can’t take over Norway then call it good. ” Except you also have some of the highest RM production in Europe. You take over Norway, get more oil, research better Destroyer/Cruiser stacks, then battleships, and bam, you have a nava…

• Worst countries

Quote from GeneralAumSum: “One of the worst countries to play as is Sweden because it doesn’t have a lot of naval access ” So take over Norway...

JesterTheSheep - - News

Quote from d.jahnsen: “Quote from Ryan04px2025: “What type of model is the NEW Japanese tank? ” i think its a type 3 chi nu ” Time to bust out War Thunder again.

JesterTheSheep - - News

Not bad at all! Really digging the new skins. It's a nice aesthetic touch!

• I like Conflict of Nations. I like Call of War. No one game is superior to the other. I like them both, for different reasons. What I DON'T like is how Call of War is trying so hard to be Conflict of Nations. Once 1.5 becomes official, I am very, very likely going to completely abandon Call of War. I don't need two Conflict of Nations games.

• Quote from Little Racoon: “How about Oman? ” Oman has more manpower (barely) than Yemen, so yes.

• New Units in CoW 1.5

JesterTheSheep - - News

Quote from VIRVCOBRV: “"Accurate" is a big exaggeration. But powerful, sure. There are many accounts of the terrifying effectiveness of anti-infantry use of rockets on several fronts, and not just the Eastern one. ” I was referring more to the V2, but yes, anti-infantry rockets were a lot more effective in the second world war.

• New Units in CoW 1.5

JesterTheSheep - - News

Quote from Chimere: “Quote from blue44elephant: “Quote from freezy: “Artillery got weaker vs. unarmored but stronger vs. heavy armored, compared to their previous stats. ” ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????I am a bit disappointed at that because I used to think you guys used to do the research. ” I don’t think you did much research yourself, beyond pop-history. Artillery weaker vs infantry tha…

• Quote from WarOnTheMoon: “My Most advanced air craft is the Ju-87 Stuka! ( In war thunder) ” Not too shabby! I host the J2M2 Raiden and the Ki-61 I-Ko planes, just underneath the third rank in Japan. I'm super close to getting the A6M3!

• Quote from WascallywabbitCDN: “Quote from JesterTheSheep: “Quote from WascallywabbitCDN: “One at a time for me, and then multitask on another game, WoT, Civ, PanzerCorps, etc, to keep the old brain active [social distancing pastime] ” I'm a War Thunder player myself. I like the vehicles. ” I may have to try that out! ” 9 countries are available right now: USA, UK, CCCP, Italy, France, Japan, China, Germany, and Sweden. Now's a good time to get into it too! The Italian navy is about to be added!

• Quote from WascallywabbitCDN: “One at a time for me, and then multitask on another game, WoT, Civ, PanzerCorps, etc, to keep the old brain active [social distancing pastime] ” I'm a War Thunder player myself. I like the vehicles.

• Quote from VIRVCOBRV: “By the way, what are some good underdog countries some of you have had success with ? By that I mean small countries not mid-tier ones like Brazil. I'm currently trying out South Africa and it's not too bad, but the ressources suck. ” Portugal can be fun, if you befriend Spain. Switzerland and Afghanistan are also enjoyable. Generally any of the South American countries (7 are what I could consider "playable"). Egypt is a big one, I've had a blast playing as that in the pa…