Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 864.

• My dearest friend Hans, I think you need to drop the subject... you're just not going to get it. No matter how much I agree with your general line of thinking ("infantry was the historical backbone of all armies and should be more dominant in the game"), it all boils down to the Bytro line and they don't agree. Presumably, because it is not a "sexy" unit. No point to keep posting about a world without Columbines when the NRA has the final say anyway either, right?

• There's no such thing as a "Japanese tech tree" anyway. All trees are the same; the only difference is the pictures for the various units (a light tanks look like a Lynx in the German tree and a Stuart in the American one), but their stats are identical.

• Hacker?

K.Rokossovski - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from freezy: “Hello, as stated in this thread, when you conquer a province from an enemy and this province was originally a core province of one of your coalition members, you automatically trade this province to your coalition member. The newspaper documents this trade. it is a known bug that it triggers this messag in the newspaper also when you conquer your own core province back. We will fix it eventually, but it does not have highest prio right now as its only a wrong newspaper articl…

• Planes on Carriers

K.Rokossovski - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from MontanaBB: “Quote from VorlonFCW: “Actually Mr. Montana carriers have been operating rather smoothly until this week, the frequent glitches that you speak of have been largely nonexistent. ” Kosh, have you ever personally separated an aircraft carrier unit from a multi-carrier stack while you have aircraft in the air, operating from those carriers? Try it, with your aircraft wing (not mine), and get back to me. As I understood it, there were some very difficult and quirky programming …

• Quote from Kalan: “The game isn't working on my iPad but fine on my computer. Any solutions? ” Try being a bit more specific about "not working". Error messages? Blank screens? No unit selections? What circumstances, are you maybe using desktop client? Many people play the mobile version without any problems...

• Quote from NoobNoobTrain: “I'm surprised that there can have been any objections to having this unit in the game. It's so very much a WW2-thing. ” Very true; the main objection wasn't against paratroopers, but with their ability to conquer entire provinces. Most provinces are AT LEAST 50x50km or more, and paratroopers of the era never occupied those huge patches of land; they would focus on key strategic objectives, like bridges or hills, dig in there on a (very) small area, and wait for relief …

• Call of War 1.5 round 2!

K.Rokossovski - - News

Quote from Hans A. Pils: “But let me put a stone in your shoe: You should ask yourself if that's what you want for yourself. When you wake up and look in the mirror on the morning of the day after replacing CoW1.0 with CoW1.5, do you still want to think of yourself as a member of the great Bytro team that carefully designs the authentic, accurate, niveauvoll and sophisticated strategy game CoW, attracting a literate, intelligent community? Then you should do what I wrote in my last post - would …

• Quote from MontanaBB: “Quote from NoobNoobTrain: “Is there such a thing as random damage upon landing? ” Interesting. Roko, have you seen random damage upon landing, in the absence of enemy AA or aircraft? Also a mechanics question: can you drop the paratroopers anywhere on a movement path or do they have to be dropped on a province center? ” No, never had any landing damage. Though it was shot down by enemy air defense once, don't remember if it was AA or fighters. You can only drop them on pro…

• Quote from MontanaBB: “ Do we still have the option of doing private, non-points games? If so, that may be a good venue to play with them . . . . ” Yes, though the maps you can pick have been limited. Some are always there, and some are rotating.

• I have built and used them on quite often. I usually play 100p maps nowadays, which means there is enough time and space to develop them; wouldn't know about smaller maps. You probably remember that I was against the introduction in province-capturing form, but now they are here, hey lets use them. Actually the depiction of them isn't very bad, especially the long cooldown after landing. By the scale of the 100p map, it is very rare that you are close to REAL economy centers (core, most likely) …

• Black box

K.Rokossovski - - Beta Feedback & Issues

Sounds like the game is trying to display a picture, but your internet connection cannot fetch it in time...

• What do you expect... people telling you "I will attack you tomorrow"?

• Let's be honest, you can't really fight SPA... when your enemy has them, you' re just doomed.

• Issues seem to be back? I find the game ahrdly playable right now... especially " immediate server orders" or smth like that, when you enter some order and expect your unit/city to go do something, are processed with immense lag. After the page, they' re usually just gone, as if you never told them to go do anything at all.... sure my units like a bit of R&R, but here at headquarters we would like them to listen to us...

• Production

K.Rokossovski - - General Discussions

XP, do you mean one of those thing that make your "rankings" go up? To be honest, no serious player takes "ranking" into consideration when judging anyone's skill. Join a thousand sleepy games and build a thousand nuclear reactors in each? Thank you.

• Weather

1,723 Ah sorry, was I saying that out loud? Well, I'm actually counting how many times people are suggesting "weather" in some way.

• Production

What ridiculuos advices go round here. Sure, build barracks in key manpower producing cities if you have enough food and lack manpower. But don' t overdo it, and don' t listen to anyone saying "every" in sentences about this.

• Plus, most airborne troops at the time weren't parachute, but glider-carried. In Arnhem's first airborne division landing for example, two combat brigades were parachute, the third and all support troops (artillery, recce, AT, engineers, signals, medical, etc etc) came in gliders. Now after imagining launching big transport planes from an aircraft carrier (exactly - IMAGINING), extend that image to launching them with a glider behind them...

• Production

Industrial complexes and shipyards work as well, and so does NOT building lots of food-consuming units (like infantry). You have to plan this well ahead though; when the crisis is already there, it is usually too late.

• Yeah, rebellions seem to be bugged now, they are very rare, it was reported but no response yet from devs.