Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 136.

• Quote from JCS Darragh: “WhY nOT aDD SaM SiTEs To cOw? HmMMMmmMM? ” Can't tell if you're being sarcastic (it seems like you are but I can't tell what part of this conversation you'd be mocking), so in case you're not: because SAMs weren't developed as an effective weapon until after WW2.

• Combat Experience

eruth - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Marcos Sicilia: “Quote from Telmah69: “i really like the idea and have previously suggested the same but was shot down big time as being told too hard to implement - i still dont see why - if you click on a unit it even tells you how many enemies its destroyed - surely if the present system collates this data its should be easier for the same system to allow for a modifier to cater for its 'experience' every 10 kills it gets a slight modifier? anyway yep love the idea but you'll simpl…

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

eruth - - Off Topic

Quote from JesterTheSheep: “Quote from eruth: “Mine is when people mix fast and slow units. Tanks are powerful, sure, but their main advantage (when you compare their power for cost) is their speed. The faster your stack the fewer times it gets attacker by arty and aircraft; the faster your stack the less time the enemy has to produce units before you conquer their ICs; the faster your stack the harder it is for their defensive units to patch up the holes. Let me tell you a story: I once player …

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

eruth - - Off Topic

Mine is when people mix fast and slow units. Tanks are powerful, sure, but their main advantage (when you compare their power for cost) is their speed. The faster your stack the fewer times it gets attacker by arty and aircraft; the faster your stack the less time the enemy has to produce units before you conquer their ICs; the faster your stack the harder it is for their defensive units to patch up the holes. Let me tell you a story: I once player USSR in 25 historical map. I got share map with…

• The only special power a host/admin can do is kick all inactive players. Report this as a bug.

• It has already been stated that every nation will start with a set doctrine. I think this works all dandy for the historical & global maps but I am slightly worried about the smaller a-historical maps (22 player, pacific, 50 player USA). AFAIK each of these maps has one or more doctrines completely missing if historical starts are used. In my personal opinion these maps should allow players to choose their own doctrine. The entirety of North America collapsing into tiny fragments is already non-…

• Quote from T-3PO: “Quote from eruth: “Quote from T-3PO: “Leader Unit With all these new updates, CoW should really add a new "Leader" Unit. It's actual name would be the Position of the Leader of the country you're playing. (Hidden Content) The Leader's properties would be as follows: - A leader is automatically spawned into the Capital at the start of the game. - A province the Leader is in would receive a 10% morale boost, and provinces in a certain radius of it would receive a 5%-7% moral boo…

• Quote from T-3PO: “Leader Unit With all these new updates, CoW should really add a new "Leader" Unit. It's actual name would be the Position of the Leader of the country you're playing. (Hidden Content) The Leader's properties would be as follows: - A leader is automatically spawned into the Capital at the start of the game. - A province the Leader is in would receive a 10% morale boost, and provinces in a certain radius of it would receive a 5%-7% moral boost, depending on how close it is. - Th…

• new unit

eruth - - Questions and Answers

Quote from vyliance: “well im js curious is it possible for CoW dev to make a unit that could reclaim land. If they do this, ranged units would have a new target: land which makes it possible for them to destroy land, possibly even land that wasnt reclaimed. This would be really fun like players could now change the geography of entire worlds for eaxample if you're playing as italy and u want to be an island you could blow up the italian border with the european mainland. And presto have the isl…

• 1.5 arty

Quote from dirge: “Doctrines: yes, good. Rocket artillery: no, stupid. Rocket artillery is redundant. The regular artillery units are adequate to represent various calibers and types. I find it hilarious that when I suggested adding coastal anti-naval fixed artillery the COA staff mocked me saying it's too hard to implement and no one wants it, but the same moronic individuals who mocked coastal fixed artillery think adding redundant rocket artillery is a good idea. My recommendation: fire idiot…

• Quote from NoobNoobTrain: “I don't get it. This does not happen every time a nation regains a core province. Why is it only some of them? One of these nations were never in a coalition. ” Sometimes when you reconquer a core province that's what the newspaper says. IDK why; it's just a bug that's been around for a while. I see neither rhyme nor reason to it.

• Quote from zecevi123: “Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Yes and the new rockets for the allies are a bit off. I do not think they are actually real. Rockets on top of a normal tank if just way off and doesn't look realistic ” Im pretty sure allies used that tank not sure but I think they did.Also the cominternt tacitcal bombers with those buffs would make them OP AS HECK!So everybody would chose commie doctorine. ” I didn't say I wanted all the buffs. I said that at least one of the buffs should be app…

• I was looking through the list of bonuses applied to units from different doctrines (found here) and noticed that the comintern does not get any bonuses to either tactical bombers or attack aircraft. I believe that this is a mistake from a historical perspective. The Ilyushin Il-2 attack aircraft was one of the best attack aircraft of the war, as well as the second most produced plane in history (surpassed only be the cessna). Joseph Stalin is quoted as having said, "The Il-2 is as essential to …

• Elite AI for All

eruth - - News

Quote from JesterTheSheep: “You know the whole Free Elite AI thing? Yeah, that would be great, except for the fact that free players can't make games anymore. Remember, that was also an update. ” If a round has gold features it costs to join the round, not just make it. Making elite AI free is actually helpful. I'm guessing this update is probably a result of the can't make games anymore update because now no one is making gold rounds (because no one is making any rounds) so might as well make t…

• Quote from Captain Hurricane: “might work quite well on some maps, in others it'd be completely pointless ” It's not about how effective it would be it's about A: how much work it would require the devs to put in and B: how much more complex it would be than the entire rest of the game.

• Training mode

I have tried solo games before; believe me, it is boring as hell. Even once you get into the later stages of a regular game and everyone else has quit: boring as hell. The whole allure of this game is the fact that it is multiplayer. If you tell newbies to play a solo round they will probably fail to understand that massive disparity in quality between solo and multiplayer and quit in droves before reaching the real game. Besides, the strategies that work against AI are not always the same ones …

• Quote from Captain Hurricane: “thought my solution was adequate ” It would require far too many new game mechanics to be created. That is a lot of lines of code for a single unit that honestly wouldn't be used that much, considering it is a purely defensive one and purely defensive units are of minimal use after the first few days. The only units that have been added to the game after launch that required entirely new mechanics to be created were the carrier and the paratrooper, each of which on…

• I don't really like the idea of mines, but ya'll can't seem to figure out a very good solution to mines that works with the current game mechanics so I did it for you: Mines would be a unit in their own separate class (so not infantry, armour, air, naval, or submarine). For the purposes of research and production they would probably be in the secret tab. They would have a low SBDE so that they cannot be effectively spammed in big stacks, but instead, if spammed at all, spread around a bit. When …

• Quote from f118: “in super event team battle 12 vs 12,5 (Kuba on side of Axis) i once played SSSR, and it was enoough to win. You should believe that there were enough good and experianced players in. Gold free round. I played only 1 game, but there was three rounds, Axis lost every game. With liga players and other good players on both sides. I mean if i would play Germany or Italia we would have a chance. Otherwise no. But it is ok so. Map is very historical and well balanced, but only tough p…

• Quote from Erich Von Manstein: “Quote from eruth: “Germany is already a bit too strong, IMO. If you know what you are doing you can easily smash France with an armoured assault through belgium on day 2. You can put a significant infantry-class force in the Siegfried line to prevent the French from pushing into Germany and still have enough troops to prevent the Poles from trying anything. Britain starts out with a weak army, so if they land you can easily smash it; just don't keep your troops in…