Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 103.

• New Features in CoW 1.5

Torpedo28000 - - News

No moral penalty for wars might be one of my favourite features in 1.5 tbh. I am currently at war with 5 nations in my 100 map. Some wars are ones I started, others are ones my allies needed help in. Not having a penalty for wars really enables players to help each other out without having to factor in another moral penalty. Whereas in 1.0, if I had a nation with 1 single AC running into my ally, it was still a decision to join the war if my only contribution could be to kill 1 troop. Now, I wou…

• Day 3! Now, I am going to be delaying my posting by a few days, for reason's I believe you are now aware of Freezy :), and if not you specifically, I think it is in my games best interest to delay reporting exactly what troops and plans I am making given who is in my map Not a whole lot to report on day 3. My economy is starting to increase quite nicely, taking some caps has really helped with that. I certainly agree that the low production times is what causes it to feel like a rss sparsity. I …

• Day 2 summary. (Unlikely to be able to keep up daily summaries lol, but while I have the free time As soon as day 2clicked over I researched rocket arty. After seeing Syria's stack of 11 on myborder, and Iraq previously attacking me. And saudi moving in and cutting meoff in Hezaj, so not my borders are ugly and are not connected. I determined itwas likely war would break out with them… so I decided to gold speed up my RAand began producing it. I had saved up some rss on day 1 so I could afford t…

• Early game units: Just my little summary of the troops as of day 2 with the axis doctrine - I will likely make a list of my thoughts on every unit later as I use more. I have been building a lot of AC, motor inf (as I am axis I can get it day 1), these two troops seem very strong early game as AC are great against unarmoured (UA). And motor inf… omg this troop looks great and so far is amazing! I really like how it is offensively designed and I think it gives this unit a really great use, mechan…

• Alrighty,I joined a 100 map about 20 hours ago as of writing this article. I joinedin as Egypt to play the Axis doctrine and got some friends to join in with meso we can all test and learn together. From day 1,starting rss seem pretty wellbalanced. I ran out of cash the first and after selling about 1-2k food andrares each. I was broke on; metal, goods, oil and cash. So I believe startingrss are well balanced for each other. I think maybe 10-15k cash would help alittle bit however. I did however…

• Quote from M.isreb: “is their anywhere that explains this in more detailed way? ” What do you mean sorry? What are you hoping to be explained in more detail exactly? If it is doctrines, here is the link to that, forum.callofwar.com/?custom-page/&id=35

• New Features in CoW 1.5

Torpedo28000 - - News

Playing Egypt in a 100 map, the new local port is going to be interesting to see how effective it will be for reducing crossing times into the ME, I believe this will be quite a niche but great addition. Thanks!

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from VIRVCOBRV: “Will attack bombers be able to use carriers like high-level tactical bombers can ? ” Unless they change something, currently lvl 1 attack bombers can use carriers

• Currently each doctrine is nation specific. So if you choose Germany, you will be locked into the axis doctrine. (Assuming Germany is part of the axis doctrine)

• Quote from Little Racoon: “I have a question: for the VP ratio, it is based on how many VPs captured. However, what if you're a player who has recently fought a grueling war and came up top, only for your opponent's lands to be captured by another superpower? The VP ratio wouldn't do you any justice on that. ” I believe it is based on how many VP you have when the game ends. So instead of a basic win/loss which favours those who play smaller 22 maps, it would be fair for all maps as the 100 maps…

• Quote from freezy: “Nice suggestion. Still its not the highest prio for us. We don't balance the game for K/D fetishists While I would certainly like to change the system, it would require us diving into our statistics system and that system is pretty fragile (as you may have noticed in the past) and our devs try to avoid it. Since the benefit is rather small and the risk is big I am afraid it will be rather low on our backlog. ” I think that is a good answer to this. However, I do wish to link …

• Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Not sure how you mean this, but "VP ratio" as outlined in my previous posts would incorporate the different difficulty of winning a larger map and would also incorporate losses at a reasonable degree. To give an example: * Player A joins three 100p maps. Let's say he wins one and ends it with about 2000 VP, but is defeated or went inactive in the other two. So his "VP ratio" is 2000 / (3 * 50) = 13.4 * Player B joins three 22p maps. Let's say he wins all three of them a…

• The traditional 5v5 map and rules are: 10 player road to war map Random selection A 0-1 day AI peace period A 2-4 day player peace period No gold Yes the USA is a tough one to get, but certainly winnable. Any nation selection is winnable

• These are some very interesting ideas... and I personally really really like them and they would sound very exciting to a player like myself. A few things I would add/change. I 100% agree with a method to balance win/loss with 22vs100 maps and solo vs coalition. I mostly just play 100 maps and they are both far harder and take far longer to complete. A player with a 80% win/loss of 22 tutorials is imo likely not as skilled as someone with a 50% win/loss in 100s. So I think a win/loss rank would …

• Call of War 1.5: Introducing Doctrines

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from VIRVCOBRV: “Quote from Torpedo28000: “The doctrine bonus is for the specific for the terrain bonus a unit gets. So for example armour has +50% bonus in plains. With Pan Asian doctrine it becomes +75% bonus in plains. I believe in 1.5 every unit or majority of units now have bonuses for different terrains. ” Ok but do all units receive the terrain bonus ? Because some units such as AT cannons don't have an inherent terrain bonus, so which bonus do they then receive ? None ?Also, pan-as…

• Quote from Ryan04px2025: “Hey, guys. @freezy I have been wondering about how much it affects our k/d ratio. Perhaps, the k/d ratio changes according to what doctrine you are playing. Eg. *1.25 kill for every Comintern doctrine kill. Because you will definitely lose more than you win in that doctrine. So players balance their k/d ratio by increasing the kill or decreasing the kill depending on the kill to death advantage you have. ” I think they will just count as normal kills. Personally I think…

• Quote from Somanta: “I saw the pan-asian doctrina has 25% terrain bonus...is this for all the types of terrain? Because it has 10% less damage + 25% bonus terrain is 15% bonus in total. Am I right? I dont like this 1.5 in general, but the doctrines implement is a good idea, it makes the game more versatile. (Excuse my mistakes in english) Att. teniente Somanta. ” The doctrine bonus is for the specific for the terrain bonus a unit gets. So for example armour has +50% bonus in plains. With Pan Asi…

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from vyliance: “wow good explanation i wldnt have done btr. Anyway since ur a game operator can i ask this: are we still going to have games which run wif CoW 1.0 or all games will be 1.5 ” Ty, as far as I know, it will only be 1.5 games. But we have not been given a definite answer on that. The next 1.5 beta game will be an even tho and still play 1.0 games, we won't be getting 1.5 live for I believe at least a few months.

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from Chimere: “Quote from Torpedo28000: “Quote from vyliance: “js a suggestion: how abt u give us 3 research slots?like because 1.0 has lesser units to research we have 2 research slots so maybe with more units we get 1 more research slots? ” I agree with this, or at least wonder if this is a possibility to add should more support this idea.Here is why, one of the key changes that has repeatedly been stated is unit diversity and how in 1.5 each unit has more of a distinct role which means …

• New Units in CoW 1.5

Torpedo28000 - - News

Quote from vyliance: “js a suggestion: how abt u give us 3 research slots?like because 1.0 has lesser units to research we have 2 research slots so maybe with more units we get 1 more research slots? ” I agree with this, or at least wonder if this is a possibility to add should more support this idea. Here is why, one of the key changes that has repeatedly been stated is unit diversity and how in 1.5 each unit has more of a distinct role which means we will need a more variety of troops than com…