Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 393.

• When the last province of a country is taken, you can see that on the map. Because... tadatataaaa [a fanfare]: It's no longer there . If you're not sure whether there might still be an island province of the country somewhere and don't want to search a lot on the map, you can click on one of its opponents and then via the diplomacy menu check whether the war you're interested in is still ongoing. That's quicker than searching for a message in the newspaper. So I would prefer NOT to have a messag…

• Talking about details (since, as it seems, details are all you're willing to change in your original CoW1.5 plans): All in all, I think the doctrines are already well balanced (apart from the issue they create with K/D, which will make players who care about K/D never pick a Comintern country... since those who care about K/D usually are the more successful players, I expect the winner to be seldomly a Comintern country). And there are a lot of bonuses and mali for which I can confirm they refle…

• I prefer not to know in advance what's in the supply drop. It's more fun this way, having a little surprise. Like opening gifts. Or scratchcards. However, of course after reaching a supply drop, you should get the info what it contained - also in mobile version. But I believe it's planned to add that some time in the future.

• Quote from freezy: “We don't balance the game for K/D fetishists ” First of all, I didn't ask to change anything in the balancing. My suggestion was to change the way K/D works, which would not affect the balancing inside a single game in any way. Only would be one way to show how well a player performed throughout his career, i.e. in the aggregation of all his games. Quote from freezy: “it would require us diving into our statistics system and that system is pretty fragile (as you may have noti…

• Thanks for describing how insufficient win/loss and K/D are for showing a player's skill (and of course the rank even more so). Quote from Torpedo28000: “I also think some way of incorporating a loss into your VP ratio would best reflect ones skill. Win one solo 100 and you are set for rankings, even if you lose 50 other 100 maps, perhaps some sort of - to your VP ratio equation for a defeat. ” Not sure how you mean this, but "VP ratio" as outlined in my previous posts would incorporate the diff…

• Call of War 1.5: Introducing Doctrines

Hans A. Pils - - News

Quote from Torpedo28000: “I believe that it is up to each player to use their doctrine to beat the other. Comintern might lose more sure, but if they bring more troops with the new troops don't die until 50% condition mechanic I personally don't think the KD will be that impacted. More to die sure, but also more to kill meaning it is harder so they may not die so fast. ” This aspect is only very slightly softening the issue. In order to retract a damaged stack from the front, you first of all ne…

• @Ryan04px2025 and @Taligor it's good you bring up the topic of how K/D will work in CoW1.5. K/D is not some meaningless statistics that nobody cares about. Apart from the victories you achieved (and these by the way are pretty much hidden as the conglomeration of the games joined / games won figure, maps joined and the victory achievements on the bottom of the achievements list), it's your only indicator of success. If it becomes blurred too much by CoW1.5 changes, that would leave only striving…

• So who's going to create a ticket for that now? A convoi must attack a ground unit, if treading right onto its feet (unless that ground unit is embarked as well, of course). Like it used to be two years ago. I don't care if you disagree that's a bugfix. Call it a change if you want. Anyhow it has to be done.

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “You need to keep in mind that whoever replied to your ticket probably didn’t read this thread first. ” I had included a link to this thread in my bug report, so it could have been read before replying. But OK, sorry I started talking about the competence of the Support staff - as far as I know these guys do the job for free, so it definitely wouldn't be right complaining about them. Quote from VorlonFCW: “I don’t classify this as a bug as it is not a sudden or unexplained …

• Quote from Nooberium: “I thought resource hiding was the reason for adding the fee. ” As much as I remember, you're right that this was the only reason given officially. And definitely you're right there would have been way less incisive and even easier measures to prevent resource hiding. That's why I described that I noticed a second positive effect of the trade fees: They actually improve everyone's behaviour on the market. Think back of how it was before they were in place: Assuming you had …

• Quote from Torpedo28000: “The amount of players who join maps and then drop out to play another one is very high. I believe should a player join a map and not be able to select the doctrine they want, they are more likely to go inactive in search of another map. ” No. If you are a player for whom it is important to play with the same doctrine every time, you'll enter only maps which still have countries with that doctrine selectable. Thus making doctrines fix for each country will not increase d…

• So I reported this as a bug. Wrote the following - sorry it's in German: ======================================================== Titel: [#RMP-298058]: [Bytro-Moderator] 320330: [Bug Report]: kein Kampf wenn Konvoi an verteidigter Küste anlandet Angenommen eine Bodeneinheit befindet sich an dem Punkt, an dem Land und Meer aufeinandertreffen (also an der Küste). Es fährt nun eine eingeschiffte Bodeneinheit eines anderen, neutralen oder feindlichen Landes auf genau diesen Punkt, um dort auszuschif…

• Quote from WascallywabbitCDN: “would be cool to be able to choose any doctrine no matter what country you choose. ” Please NOT!!! If players were able to choose, the positive authenticity effect would be inverted: Since they would choose fully irrespective of their nation, we would see a lot of USAs with Comintern/Asian/Axis doctrine, a lot of Soviet Unions with Axis/Allies doctrine and so on. That wouldn't make the game more historical, but even drastically less historical. It would feel absurd…

• I personally like games with a lot of complexity and diversity, so for my taste, doctrines are a good new feature. Of course it's nice to reflect the historical military focus the factions had during WW2 and I can also recognize the following positive aspects: * Players will no longer be using exclusively the units that best match their play style or taste. They will now adapt their unit choices to the doctrine of the country they play in this specific match. Which means it will also allow them …

• Quote from revengegirl: “there are never enough rares ” In my experience, the average market value of rares in an average game is pretty close to twice the value of other resources. Which would speak for perfect resource balancing (since they're twice as hard to produce). Game would become pretty boring if the overall amount of rares in the game was increased - that would reduce your need to choose (thanks @WascallywabbitCDN for the illustration). Of course if you're too greedy to pay that price…

• The following I write from CoW1.0 perspective, but the thought is relevant for CoW1.5 just as well: In CoW1.0, research costs and durations have a very similar, almost equally steep progression. I remember I had suggested it that way before it was realized a year ago, but I now see that's not perfect - because it results in the following: In every game, there comes a moment when your rares production reaches a speed that makes it sufficient for researching and building new level 1 ICs (need for …

• I see two advantages the trading fee has: * Players cannot wildly place and remove orders on the market and adapt their offers immediately to newly placed offers from others. Before the trade few was in place, this had led to obscure situations and made the market difficult to use, since you knew that placing a buy offer would quickly make others enter one themselves offering 0.1$ more for the respective resource - so all the achieved by placing buy orders was to increase the market price for th…

• Quote from Chimere: “If you run a really tight economy, manpower is going to be your limiting factor even by late game ” First of all, you should never run a tight economy... unless being attacked by a serious opponent during first one or two weeks, of course. But well, I know quite a lot of people do, so let's also take this strategy into account: If you're short on manpower, you should build even less units from the four infantry types. Because these have really high manpower requirements - as…

• Quote from pjrobbo: “Games joined seems to have had a recent reset along with maps joined. ” No, wasn't reset - as was said above in this thread, it is merely a display issue (for me also in mobile version by the way; using Android phone). Which - as also was already posted above - is being worked on. So we can stop reporting it.

• Yaahhh... [sigh], I've been really annoying. Hardly can believe it myself I've become such an enervating, obtrusive jerk repeating the same story 20 times. If there is a spam filter functionality for the forum, I'm sure Bytro put the combination of the keywords "infantry" and "Hans" on top of the blacklist^^. But then, what else can you do while talking to a wall? Never heard a single word on why this should be kept as badly "balanced"... sorry: unbalanced as it is. I mean, if I had had some af…