Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 147.

• New Units in CoW 1.5

eruth - - News

Quote from Vichy: “Quote from WascallywabbitCDN: “Quote from Vichy: “Quote from WascallywabbitCDN: “Quote from Vichy: “ ” ” I searched so examples, i found this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Skua#Operational_historyI'm not asking a god mode for assault bombers, but just something just a little more viable and who will not be equal to a classic bomber.I'm not a pro in this field (you saw it i think lol), but i hope i'm not really wrong saying that assault bombers are between fighters and normal…

• Quote from blue44elephant: “build barracks ” Barracks have no effect on manpower in 1.5. Industry/local industry are the only buildings that increase an provinces economic output in any way.

• You are aware that buildings tell you what they do when you click on the little i, right?

• Quote from hwooflie: “Commandos are invisible at land even at first level, but you didnt get my point. if I disembark commandos near, for example, artillery will he see me as a convoy and later during disembarking? ” I didn't realize that commandos were invisible. If the unit is at sea it is treated as a transport ship so it would not be invisible.

• Quote from MajorJohnny: “<p>Hi there to whoever is reading this, i'm a somewhat new player to CoW and i wanted to know why it isn't possible to play as Latvia in Clash of Nations?<br><br>As of now i am only Lvl. 3 and i can only play Clash of Nations and i want to play as Latvia but i can't.<br>And if it isn't possible to play as Latvia on other gamemodes, why?</p> ” Small countries are unplayable; in most maps all playable countries start with approximately/exactly the same military size, numbe…

• The only units that are ever invisible are units in high level (3+ I think) forts and submarines.

• Game Problem

eruth - - Bug Reports and Issues

Submit a bug report in game (click the setting gear, then click the bug).

• Quote from General Tarkov: “Quote from Little Racoon: “Quote from General Tarkov: “Nooo you told them the secret's to winning a bunch of games against tank spam ” I don't think it works against ground troops, but against air, hell yea that's where it all comes together (unless you're unlucky enough to have another guy who knows this). ” It works with Tac bombers against land units. Its way more effective to use patrolling Tac Bombers against ground. Been playing since January 2016 ” This wasn't …

• Stormbringer50 Senior Moderator

eruth - - Support Team

Quote from Colonel Snap: “Hi Storm. Just a note of concern that the administrator of the game I'm playing is bending the rules. News has advised that 3 players are left in our game ie. Me, Commandir 1 and P23X are active so I'm wondering how he got right of way thru Egypt. Thank you ” The only thing game admins can do is kick inactive players to make room for new joins. It's a fairly useless position. If a player has ROW with an AI that's either because they got it before the other player went A…

• Patrol vs Attack?

eruth - - Questions and Answers

Quote from GeneralAumSum: “Patrol is too op in my opinion, I have discussed this with Flemishpagan, and now I fell like I should tell everyone why. let’s say ur enemy has an infantry unit u want to attack but u do not know the strength, simply u can patrol the area with the plane and find out the strength then attack it. ” That's not OP, that's just using sound tactical sense. Ariel reconnaissance was an important part of WW2; part of the reason the allies succeeded at Normandy was because they …

• Patrol vs Attack?

Patrolling aircraft attack everything in their radius at 25% strength every 15 minutes and all attacked units respond at 25% strength. If you can get at least 2 attacks per hour given refueling and flying times it is more time efficient for damage. Attack will follow a single stack, even if it moves (not sure if attacking aircraft will relocate to a different airbase if the target moves to far since I rarely use attack), whereas patrol will stay in place and attack any stacks within it's range. …

• Quote from JCS Darragh: “WhY nOT aDD SaM SiTEs To cOw? HmMMMmmMM? ” Can't tell if you're being sarcastic (it seems like you are but I can't tell what part of this conversation you'd be mocking), so in case you're not: because SAMs weren't developed as an effective weapon until after WW2.

• Combat Experience

eruth - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Marcos Sicilia: “Quote from Telmah69: “i really like the idea and have previously suggested the same but was shot down big time as being told too hard to implement - i still dont see why - if you click on a unit it even tells you how many enemies its destroyed - surely if the present system collates this data its should be easier for the same system to allow for a modifier to cater for its 'experience' every 10 kills it gets a slight modifier? anyway yep love the idea but you'll simpl…

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

eruth - - Off Topic

Quote from JesterTheSheep: “Quote from eruth: “Mine is when people mix fast and slow units. Tanks are powerful, sure, but their main advantage (when you compare their power for cost) is their speed. The faster your stack the fewer times it gets attacker by arty and aircraft; the faster your stack the less time the enemy has to produce units before you conquer their ICs; the faster your stack the harder it is for their defensive units to patch up the holes. Let me tell you a story: I once player …

• CoW Pet Peeves?!?!

eruth - - Off Topic

Mine is when people mix fast and slow units. Tanks are powerful, sure, but their main advantage (when you compare their power for cost) is their speed. The faster your stack the fewer times it gets attacker by arty and aircraft; the faster your stack the less time the enemy has to produce units before you conquer their ICs; the faster your stack the harder it is for their defensive units to patch up the holes. Let me tell you a story: I once player USSR in 25 historical map. I got share map with…

• The only special power a host/admin can do is kick all inactive players. Report this as a bug.

• It has already been stated that every nation will start with a set doctrine. I think this works all dandy for the historical & global maps but I am slightly worried about the smaller a-historical maps (22 player, pacific, 50 player USA). AFAIK each of these maps has one or more doctrines completely missing if historical starts are used. In my personal opinion these maps should allow players to choose their own doctrine. The entirety of North America collapsing into tiny fragments is already non-…

• Quote from T-3PO: “Quote from eruth: “Quote from T-3PO: “Leader Unit With all these new updates, CoW should really add a new "Leader" Unit. It's actual name would be the Position of the Leader of the country you're playing. (Hidden Content) The Leader's properties would be as follows: - A leader is automatically spawned into the Capital at the start of the game. - A province the Leader is in would receive a 10% morale boost, and provinces in a certain radius of it would receive a 5%-7% moral boo…

• Quote from T-3PO: “Leader Unit With all these new updates, CoW should really add a new "Leader" Unit. It's actual name would be the Position of the Leader of the country you're playing. (Hidden Content) The Leader's properties would be as follows: - A leader is automatically spawned into the Capital at the start of the game. - A province the Leader is in would receive a 10% morale boost, and provinces in a certain radius of it would receive a 5%-7% moral boost, depending on how close it is. - Th…

• new unit

Quote from vyliance: “well im js curious is it possible for CoW dev to make a unit that could reclaim land. If they do this, ranged units would have a new target: land which makes it possible for them to destroy land, possibly even land that wasnt reclaimed. This would be really fun like players could now change the geography of entire worlds for eaxample if you're playing as italy and u want to be an island you could blow up the italian border with the european mainland. And presto have the isl…