Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 101.

• The situation will get worse. Sone has core provinces degrading to zero morale within 7 days. As Vorlon states, this is the intended behavior.

• New Features in CoW 1.5

cycle9 - - News

Day 7, only two players left! We retired and archived. Cow 1.5 is neither retaining new players nor engaging established players. Someone needs to pay attention to the entertainment value.

cycle9 - - News

Refueling time at aircraft factories is one hour. Only 30 minutes at air fields.

cycle9 - - News

Quote from Balhog: “You can start fast and build as many troops as you want early. ” Totally False! The increases in manpower requirements for most units puts a severe restraint on producing troops. There is NO way to enhance manpower production, afaik?

cycle9 - - News

Day 4 on a 22 player map, and only 5 active players remain. Seems that the entertainment value has not increased.

• "Distance to Capitol" is a real problem in real life. Just look at how unhappy Hawaiians are, living so far from Washington DC. Similarly, "Global Popularity" is a real malus in real life. Just look at how weak and poor the USA is because 90% of the worlds countries hate the USA. PS: if you think the revolt issue is bad on CoW, you might want to try Sone to get a glimpse at how bad it will be in CoW 2. Provinces start with only 50% morale, and decline immediately. By day 4, core provinces start …

• Quote from freezy: “The current behaviour is indeed intended ” The Capitol of a small AI country, at war with no one, revolts to another AI country on a different continent. That is 'indeed intended'? The comedy continues.

• There are CoW 1.5 games in FP beta test? Where?

• Lending money

cycle9 - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from Restrisiko: “pawnshop ” PMSL gut one, alter! reminds me of a request made long ago on S1914 for a full up banking system, complete with federal reserves, interest rate adjustements, adjudicated low-interest loans to 3. world countries, and late payment penalties. there were actually some positive replies. consistent with the general player base: to quote Montano: "building is more important than war fighting"

• try as you might, there is no scale on any bystro map or any other means of measuring what 5 km is. good luck trying to guess which enemy or friendly unit is within the 'magic' 5km cookie cutter range.

• CoW vs. Supremacy 1914?

cycle9 - - Off Topic

Have not played S1914 in years, ever since they dis-banded the Players Alliance Liga. Did try the more recent version, Supremacy One. Not much there, only 2 maps, the morale penalties are so severe, only GM can keep a country going. There are too many absurd features to mention here, but I show this clever detail: Battleships are weak when attacking or defending against other naval units. forum.callofwar.com/index.php?…37a048d55e24cac9918eaf45d

• the "currently producing" feature was added to existing frontline pioneer games in a recent 'game improvement'. Most unit types are blocked from production, and the few types that remain available vary from one game to the next. FP games started after the 'game improvement' do not seem to to have any units blocked from production. --------------------------------------- PS: Given that this feature has been around for several days, it is unlikely that "refreshing and logging out, then logging bac…

• Rally Points

cycle9 - - Bug Reports and Issues

Not the first time that a "game improvement" has hosed up HC. Really wonder why long-time players continue to purchase HC, when it is the most likely feature of the game to fail?

• Interesting variant: May not recruit the same unit type twice in a row. For example: Recruit a lt. tank unit, then the options for AC or Inf are still available, but not for lt. tank! Heavy handed method to vary the types of units recruited?

• games 3164230 and 3178184 both FP games uid=5571252

• Ja, the dreaded "we just improved the game" notice, and games will NOT reload.

• Naval Invasion Defense

cycle9 - - Questions and Answers

Send melee units to the LZ. The disembarking units are weak. If you send melee units to attack the disembarking enemies, you will see an error message that your troops cannot damage the enemy unit. But, this message is FALSE! Except on CoN, where landing enemies get a free ride, they can even gain the advantage of rapid disembarkment, if they land at your harbor!

• Join the support team

cycle9 - - Support Team

Quote from TylerFire23: “d Like to a mod but.. since that bloody age resriction (17) anyway id like to be a mod i've been here since call of war 1.0 I know this isn't as nice and ordered as the other people wanting to be mods but I like to help people and this is why i think i should be a mo ” New record for first person pronoun references?

• Call of War Tournament

cycle9 - - General Discussions

How can you detect, much less enforce: 'No outside help" "No screen sharing"

• Commandos

cycle9 - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from VorlonFCW: “random number for each attack which applies from zero to 100% of the rated damage it is not possible to draw any conclusions ” The "X-factor" does overwhelm any consideration of unit strengths or weakness on offense or defense, and certainly counts far more than any terrain bonus. The deeper question is: "Do the published unit descriptors have anything at all to do with the battle mechanics?" Having tested a couple dozen games on Sone, I can testify that documented values …