Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 689.

• Which is better: noodles or pasta?

gusv - - Off Topic

Quote from Little Racoon: “Pasta was invented because some Italian wanted to make big bucks out of Chinese noodles... ” And they did! ... Chicken Marsala is my favorite! ...

• Quote from Lukas the great: “I like the older version better because buildings has more than one purpose and are expencive and take a long time to build which ad a level of strategy to the game. Another reason I like version 1.0 better is you can build buildings anywhere that produce units instead of just in the cities in version 1.5. ” Ditto! ...

• i have a problem

gusv - - Questions and Answers

Quote from Stefan mugure: “I recently won a game ” If this was Stefan's first win, he may not have won many prices for killing anywhere between 10 and 1,000 of X type. The amount of units is cumulative thru umpteen games.

• Quote from eruth: “Low morale = the people do not want you to be their ruler and if you don't give them a good reason why they should be (a few thousand soldiers pointing guns their way), they will refuse to accept your rule. ” You said it bro ... That is the reality of life.

• Quote from eruth: “once 1.0 is thrown away ” Hopefully that is not going to happen ... In that is the case, I may decide to ride my horse into the horizon to never be seen again.

• Quote from WascallywabbitCDN: “Are you at war with multiple countries at the same time? I try to attack and conquer one country before moving on to the next and rarely get attacked by AI countries that way. ” Been doing the same as wabbit lately- one country at a time instead of two or more. Been having less issues with AI embargoing and going to war since then. Wins are taking longer, but ce la vie ...

• Quote from Arugula: “Is there a way to make peace with countries that went inactive and were at war with you? ” When I first played my first seven games in the tutorial over a year ago, it used to be easy to go in peace with AI countries you were at war with ... However, Super Elite AI came after that and it seems near impossible to go to peace with them- particularly if you have low popularity because of aggressive behavior or possessing large a large army.

• In addition to gold use or troops, morale can be improved with the building of fortifications and infrastructure improvements ... cool.png

• New Features in CoW 1.5

gusv - - News

Quote from Peter Mat: “It would be really nice if you folks would allow us to turn our forces over to the AI when we go off to work or bed. ” Interesting thought ...

• Questions about the map

Quote from onesty_k_istv_n: “In the game: Clash of Nations is Hungary missing from Europe. You can find instead "Greater Romania "..which includes the hungarian territory.. can somebody explain what is that ? Greater Romania never existed, at the time of World War II / 1939--1945 / Hungary was a member of the Axis,and did not lost his territory.In a historical game one should insist on historical fidelity.All other contries in Europe are well located in the game. ” Agree! ...

• What are you reading?

gusv - - Off Topic

Quote from pjrobbo: ““Power is in tearing human minds to pieces and putting them together again in new shapes of your own choosing.” ― George Orwell, 1984 ” 1984 is a classic sci fi with lots of tidbits about living in a totalitarian dictatorships. By putting back together pieces of your mind in new shapes of your own choosing, I believe that Orwell was telling us that we choose to either rebel or conform to the dictatorship. Unfortunately lots of people choose the latter, thus you have long liv…

• Weather suggestion

Quote from RiverWolf74: “This has been suggested before...but I vote no. Weather would make the game too complicated, and it already is sorta hard to understand, and new players usually take more than a month to discover all the features of the game. ” Ditto! ... Also CoW having problems with servers handling the current load, causing my game to freeze occasionally. Thus adding new complexities and related code would increase current server load ...

• Quote from St. Sgt. JLD: “My military score is nearly twice the economic score ” Perhaps, compared to most players, you have a good tactical and strategic mind (e.g. high K/D ratio) and that helps you military score be high. And it could be that you produce large amounts of good quality military units (e.g. armor, bombers, capital ships). In most of my games I build IC's to high levels where production may be low of products I need (e.g. oil and food). But I would not worry about economic and mi…

• How many games do you have at a time?

gusv - - Off Topic

Quote from Hectopath: “I usually only play 1 game at a time - I just like taking my time on it and absorbing all the information on that specific game, it's what helps me win. However, there are a few occasions where I play 2 games at a time. ” Same here ...

• What are you reading?

gusv - - Off Topic

Quote from Hectopath: “I'm reading random historical stuff on Wikipedia ” Wikipedia is a good quick look up source of historical stuff ...

• fastest win contest

gusv - - General Discussions

I'm a slow guy that puts emphasis on economic development early in the game ... Most of my won games last 30-35 days ... My fastest to my recollection is a recent 21-day coalition win in Clash of Nations map ...

• Quote from RiverWolf74: “But you can’t create world at war games... ” Yes, you can with Hi-Command ... I'm on my third game in a the 32 historical map that I initiated ...

• What are you reading?

gusv - - Off Topic

Quote from starc3655: “What are you reading? ” I'm a few chapters into Orson Scott Card's 'Ender's Game' ... I'm a sci fi fan reader ... I'm also an author and recently published a sci fi book about the 1947 UFO crash in Roswell, New Mexico- even went to the UFO museum there! ... Here is a link to a video for my book (https://youtu.be/wI81yDMjGeE) provided by the Publisher ... If you are a sci-fi fan, look up my book (1947: The Greys' Odyssey to Earth)! ... Pass the word! ..

• Quote from RiverWolf74: “a system malfunction or something at that time. ” This would be the oddest system failure I've ever seen, where the CoW application would generate bogus games ... I still think that somebody maliciously created 100+ or more bogus Clash of Nations Games 6-7 Days Ago, perhaps a multiple account user that had been banned. This action is creating efficiency problems in many games in CoW servers- including the last 2 games I've played in the last week.

• Somebody Created 100+ or More Bogus Clash of Nations Games 6-7 Days Ago, perhaps a malicious multiple account user- creating efficiency problems in many games in your servers- including the last 2 games I've played in the last week.