Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 265.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• rewards for achievements sometimes take a day or so to show up. If it goes past 24 hours, i would submit a bug report because achievement rewards messing up has been an issue in the past. good news. they fix it when it breaks.

• Games Joined

Stormbringer50 - - Questions and Answers

Its not all tooo recent, but yes back in the old days some games were "lost". funny only how they counted towards achievements wasnt counted, but games joined for me has been accurate since i joined in 2016. some events back in the day werent called events. the way the games are rotated and all the events are part of a long evolution of the game itself. I remember back in the day before coalitions even existed. so, back then if you played a game with friends, you still had to have a single winne…

• just play the game. The tools and the intelligence of the support crew will show you are not cheating. Unfortunately they cant tell you anything that happens, because of EU privacy laws. Take it as a sign when you are not removed. no worries. if you are legit, then nothing will happen.

• Rather than hash out points that have already been made, I would just like to point out that the chat filter, news filter, whatever filter is way more imperfect than this one phrase. try typing "klondike bar" or "beef jerky" in chat sometime. The idea behind filtering this phrase is indeed because it is considered an insult. The filter also filters perfectly harmless words, like "jerk" because it is also an insult. But the filter just isnt that smart, nor are it's settings perfect. For folks tha…

• Did this ever happen? If not, it will be the first year in which staff didnt make a special year end game that was staff vs. players. I was one of the guys that used to get that going. We had to get players to help fill in staff spots simply because there werent always enough staff to fill in all the slots on one side. So, it was a community game or two, not all-out grudge matches. I would actually like to get into a game like that. I just wonder what side I would play on. Bwahahaha. Blue is evi…

• Hahahaha I believe that username comes from the class of racing the guy likes.

• hmm wondering if this was a team game, or if these guys were just in the same coalition. Good news about team games, although you can never attack a teammate in an actual team game, their points are also your points, even if they go inactive. If it was a regular game, you could always leave the coalition and do as you please to the player that annoyed you. And, yes ofc we may not PUBLISH lists of players we dont like, or badmouth them by name in public, nothing stops a player from keeping his ow…

• Hi. I have a suggestion that may interest players that want to play a no gold skilled match. Perhaps if the community asked nicely, Bytro would bring back the Players League. For those that have not heard of it, the Players League was a Bytro sanctioned official event that allowed no gold use. This was checked by the Community Coordinator at regularly scheduled intervals. The league had its own rules and there were penalties for not following the rules. Games were basically monthly, and players …

• complaint

from the main page, callofwar.com look for the "support" link at the very bottom of the page. from there follow the directions. hope this helps

• The Forumpocalypse

Stormbringer50 - - Off Topic

seen worse. its all just garbage. im sure it will be dealt with, as it always has been.

• The Forumpocalypse

Stormbringer50 - - Off Topic

Its been worse. Goes in spurts.

• In fact, the volunteer staff work very hard to keep spam from the forum. Reporting one spam thread one time is enough to get their attention, and staff will clear all of it. Reporting a bunch just ties them up with paperwork procedures, using their time for closing reports instead of cleaning spam Hope this helps

• A Sad Farewell

Stormbringer50 - - Suggestions / Criticism

I have no comment on the bulk of this post; I simply want to point out that you do not have to use gold to unlock blueprints. You MAY buy blueprints, but it is not obligatory. Blueprints may be found by capturing supply drops in those games with airdrops enabled.

• Cold Snap

this is what bytro posted for the current event. its posted on the cow main page. if the event is different than described, then meh. i tried to help.

• Cold Snap

Event details: - Player count: 50 - 2x speed - All provinces conquerable - No coalitions - Winner receives 50,000 Gold - Random country selection - Starts immediately - fixed runtime of 28 real life days after the game started (if not won earlier)

• Yah, very old plane bug. Its thought to be caused by splitting planes, but that may not be correct. what happens is that for some inexplicable reason, sometimes the cone is reset, and FUN FACT: The cone always points due east when it happens

• Ivan is correct. Troops heal 15 percent of their LOST damage at day change, if in any land the player owns, regardless of what the unit is doing. Planes heal if operating out of their own airbase (not an allies). Planes do not heal on carriers. Ships heal everywhere. It is important to note that the healing is based on the LOST damage. This means that the healthier the unit, the less it heals. When a unit gets up to 80 or 90 percent healthy, it heals very slowly. This is because fractions are ro…

• hi all. It was always simple. If a person or organization was convicted at the Nuremburg trials, then that person or organization is prohibited. Likewise, if an individual was convicted of a war crime or act of extreme violence in some other court of law, then that person would be prohibited as well. The only reason I responded to this is because it always amazed me just how many players wanted to name themselves after some of the worlds most brutal and unsavory characters. It just was so crazy …

• This is actually an old tactic. What guys would do was send just one word of the message to their ally at a time, so any one or two intercepted messages would do the enemy do good. It was never considered spam, as the other player was expecting (and benefitting) from the tactic. This faded away as more and more players simply created their own chat in an outside chat service, such as discord. Fun Fact: Although the pm messages and the coalition messages from in-game diplomacy chat can be interce…

• K/D ratio numbers

you will notice you have a k/d stat vs ai, and a separate one for human players. when you see those crazy k/d stats you are most likely looking at an arty spammer that likes to play against ai. if you know certain factors like the attacker/defender mechanic, the home defense bonus, and use forts, its easy to get that kind of stat. it was usually found to be a player that started a new account after learning the game, then built up his borders and declared war on the ai so the ai charged the play…