Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 63.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Designers I applaud you!

dirge - - General Discussions

I am so glad you guys finally listened to me and got rid of the cellophane terrain! But seriously, the map is much much better!

• I understand the reason for a three day delay when someone quits one coalition and tries to join another. But, I went camping and got auto-kicked from my coalition for being AFK and discovered I cannot rejoin my coalition for 3 days. Recommendation: Allow auto-kicked players to rejoin their previous coalition without a delay.

• I get a report when a unit is destroyed, but I cannot always tell how and by whom it was destroyed. There are times I will log in an discover my stack is annihilated but I cannot see how it was possible. It would help for the reports to indicate what enemy unit fired the final fatal shot.

• sharing intelligence

So, when you share intelligence with an ally, do they just get the one-time snap shot or will it update over time? In other words, will the ally see updated intelligence automatically, or do you have share intelligence again for them to see the updated data?

• It is clearly a work in progress. I was pretty doubtful at first but I have to say there are some definite improvements in 1.5 over 1.0. They are still working on balancing and they need to work on economic balancing. There is consistently a goods shortage and a rare materials over abundance, for instance, and I am sure there are many other examples. But, if you compare that to the every increasing food shortages in all mid to late stage 1.0 games, 1.5 is a huge improvement even with its shortco…

• Activity Question

Quote from LordVoidVIII: “A bit off topic, but the Youtuber Sky Badger's fan games in the 100 player maps are extremely active and are probably my favorite way to play the game. They are far and few between, but well worth the wait. 100% recommend. ” . . . and, how do you know when there is a new Sky Badger game?

• One problem with High Command when using the build queue is that the build queue eats all your resources due to building units as soon as the resources are available, without pause, so when one goes to do research, there are not enough resources to start the research. This problem has been made worse in 1.5 owing to the fact that research now uses the same resources that are used to build common units. Currently, the only way around this is to delete everything on the build queue to allow resour…

• 1.5 arty

dirge - - Suggestions / Criticism

Sorry, all. I sometimes think alcohol is an excellent solution to all problems, but I usually discover in the end that it is not.

• No

• Fix broken food economy

Quote from Nooberium: “I do not make infantry ” So, you agree I am absolutely correct.

• 1.5 arty

Doctrines: yes, good. Rocket artillery: no, stupid. Rocket artillery is redundant. The regular artillery units are adequate to represent various calibers and types. I find it hilarious that when I suggested adding coastal anti-naval fixed artillery the COA staff mocked me saying it's too hard to implement and no one wants it, but the same moronic individuals who mocked coastal fixed artillery think adding redundant rocket artillery is a good idea.

• Just use the old renderer. It's actually stable.

• Role playing Discords

dirge - - Roleplaying Threads

Count me in please

• Oil - rarity and use

As far as I can tell it differs quite a bit by map. I played a beta game recently, all the prices were like 1 - 1.5, but I think it had to do with money "production" being extremely low. So low the game was not really playable and it ended with everyone dropping out. But I'm now playing a 1939 historical world game and the prices range from 30 to 60.

• Minefield!

I sorta feel like that's already abstracted in the fortification building along with the usual . . . pill boxes, trenches, barbed wire, foxholes, bunkers, punji traps, antivehicle mines, antipersonnel mines, explosive rigged bridges, Rommel's asparagus, Czech hedgehogs, Belgian gates, and dragons teeth.

Ah, nice. Thanks.

My apologies if this has already been addressed. I havent really been following the 1.5 stuff, but, anyway . . . In the regular game, the food economy has been broken since the beginning. The recent decision to use food as payment for research has now compounded this problem. The problem is basically in any game that goes past 10 turns or so, infantry become unusable. Any player with some success is going to take on territory adding to food expenses, leaving fewer and fewer food resources for un…

• 15. Post an article in ALL CAPS complaining that some mean player invaded your country and you DIDN'T DESERVE IT.