Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 28.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Features in CoW 1.5

Razzuria - - News

Quote from Arcorian: “Game Ending Timer All Call of War 1.5 game rounds have a maximum run time, the same way events have them. When the time is up, the player or coalition with the most points wins the game round. Game ending timers prevent long running games with a low amount of active players from continuing, to avoid straining our game servers. For now, smaller maps will run 5 weeks, medium sized maps will run 7 weeks and large maps will run 10 weeks, if not won earlier. With the implementat…

• escuse me. i was reading and thought mabey it has something to do with why nonhuman players dont ally anymore? you know how they always hate everyody and wont let you green agreement. nnhuman players dont like humans anymore so maybe nonhumans wont rebel because they hate other nations when no nonhuman players are left. makes sense to me.

• A Squiggle Says Farewell

Razzuria - - General Discussions

You have been a good friend in the Call of War community to me and to so many others. You will be long missed.

• Simple Fix/Addition

Razzuria - - Suggestions / Criticism

...that too.

• Simple Fix/Addition

Quote from DxC: “Quote from darksoul111: “For now, just select multiple units at once going anywhere really. Click the delay button, and normally a time should already be shown. If you don't change it, this is the time at which every unit will arrive together. ” There are many situations where this basic scenario doesn't apply. ” So true...for example, the system will try to route around recently-captured provinces giving you bad times since you have to go in and forcibly route some of your forc…

• Upcoming Maintenance - 31st of May

Razzuria - - News

Boy, I'm sure glad that's all over...it's been hectic the past several days trying to get into ones' matches.

• Simple Fix/Addition

Quote from DxC: “That would be great. And if they could change the resolution of the slider that would be nice too. With my shaky hands it takes me forever to get within 10 minutes. ” Actually, it used to stretch across the box, but recently (i.e, maybe a couple months ago?), they shortened it and made the leap between "ticks" larger than before, so a single "notch" or pixel of the slider could be worth about 7 to 8 minutes apiece which is not precise at all when one wants their forces to arrive…

• There were several other good ideas in this thread that I feel could be helpful. Some of the ideas included a cooling down period after each type of Gold use, not being able to rush-research past 75% of any tech, and one incredible idea to limit having a Gold-free match to just one at a time while all other matches would be unlimited Gold. The guy who had that awesome and well-composed post had his work posted here. He explains it so eloquently and really puts the cookies on the bottom shelf for…

• I've seen many suggestions about improving Gold in other posts. This one is particularly interesting in that it offers some new ideas on what you can do with your Gold. (Click the link below) Help us identify Gold Usage

• Simple Fix/Addition

Please oh Please just add a little box inside the Delay Box that allows you to type in the exact number of hours and minutes one wants to delay a unit's movement. The slider is so imprecise and difficult to control. Keep the slider, there's no need to dump it, but just add a text box alongside it. Please oh please...pretty please with a cherry on top. "Puh puh puh pleeease!" ~Roger Rabbit

• Well, none of mine are loading, still. Maybe some servers are back up, but not all of them.

• Prizes

I think they should consider offering Gold and/or High Command membership prizes to players that reach certain achievements and/or player scores. For example, getting a bronze star could come with a token 50 Gold prize, a silver star gets a 250 Gold Prize, and a Gold star gets a 1000 Gold Prize. Getting a badge change by advancing from level 19 to 20 would get a 200 Gold Prize or 3 days HC, from level 29 to 30 a 500 Gold Prize or week of HC, ...etc....etc... , from level 99 to 100 gets a 10,000 …

• Quote from welsh dragon1: “If it not sorted soon i suggest they compensate players for the inconvenience caused ” Yeah, that or at least roll back the game timers to when this all started happening.

• Quote from s Connolly: “Yes,the same thing is happening here to me. ” dittos All my games have been down...all the same.

• Battle Calculator

Quote from DxC: “Ha. Bytro doesn't need me to tell them how their algorithms work; they can just look at their own code. On the other hand, if Bytro hired me as a programmer, I could fix a lot of stuff that needs it ” You and me, both, pally. I've been playing CoW almost since they released it...and I'm a software engineer. But moving to Germany....meh, not worth it. Though I do need a job...lol.

• Battle Calculator

Quote from Restrisiko: “Quote from Razzuria: “...a popup ... that shows off to the side every time someone picks the "attack" option and hovers their pointer over a chosen target... ” ...would be the stupidest and most annoying thing you can imagine... ” No, I've seen a similar feature in other games, it's a small little popup that occurs on the edge of the screen. AND, since it would give automatic odds calculations ever time you actually WANT to see it while unobtrusively appearing off to the …

• Battle Calculator

This is a pretty good idea. You should really try to market it to Bytro. Perhaps you can license it as an in-game feature that is built in to a popup battle calculator that shows off to the side every time someone picks the "attack" option and hovers their pointer over a chosen target. If they like the odds, they can release on the target. If they don't like the odds, they can either release and brave it or else return the pointer back to a "cancel" button which would deactivate the "attack" but…

• This was actually fully described in another thread, apparently, but for some reason was closed to new comments. So, I've given the link here: The One True Change That Must Happen After reading up on the situation, please comment below as this seems to be an important issue. Had I known what that guy is talking about, with S.B.D.E. stuff, I'd probably know how to do better in these games. Also, that same guy seems to have made a cool idea on how to fix that in a different thread here: SBDE -- Ne…

• Quote from Diabolical: “Or, maybe you spend hours typing long messages like this one and you finally remember to check your matches to see that you've been stabbed in the back for the umpteenth time and you're so sick of it you make the controversial suggestion of a Player Ratings System (PRS) (I think I should copyright that so I can get a chunk of the action should Bytro implement my idea ” Wow! Did I mention this guy is funny, too!

• Quote from Diabolical: “My overall point -- and this is true of many of the ideas I propose -- is to present a better balance of realism crossed with idealism. To offer a way of thinking that benefits most players in a manner that doesn't hurt those whom perceive the ideas as not beneficial. ” Wow, this guy is so deep. I can't believe there is someone in this forum that reasonable. I mean, his ideas are incredible and fantastic. I've read one of his posts where he said he isn't a part of the cre…