Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 185.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Wrong behavior again. And again, I was on ground I did not own. Maybe that's when it goes wrong still? ” But if you recall from the OP that I had captured the city and was waiting while the Spanish unit was disembarking. I think that the location does play into to the reversal mix up but there is more going on. Also I am very disappointed that it seems that there is no official interest by Bytro in this issue nor in attempting to gain additional info from us about the …

• Quote from jubjub bird: “I believe homeland bonuses apply regardless of province ownership. ” The Homeland bonus does NOT apply unless the province belongs to that nation, just like fortifications only work for the nation that owns the province. You can see it for yourself in the screenshots above under that status heading on the unit popup at the bottom there is a Castle tower and both show 0%, if any units had any type of Defense bonus it would show there. Just so you can see for yourself and …

• The Lighting bolt in each screen shot shows what unit they are in combat with while the <⚡ shows which unit is attacking. This is clearly a reversed order of attacker and defender. Also Quote from jubjub bird: “and the Spanish infantry should be winning a two-way battle due to the homeland bonus ” would not apply as they were NOT fighting in their city as I had captured it hours before as I said and you can see as the province color is yellow not the red of an enemy province. I lost the combat i…

• So I am once again here posting because I find that the game is having issues determining which unit is the attacker and which is the defender. My Infantry unit was stationary awaiting an AI enemy Infantry unit to disembark and move to attack Valencia, a city I had captured a few hours earlier. Yet even tho my unit was stationary and therefore should be the DEFENDER upon checking the progress of the combat I was quite surprised to find my Infantry almost dead in less than 30 minutes of combat. f…

• Is he cheating?

S Schmidt - - Questions and Answers

Caveat Emptor (in Latin) or Buyer Beware. How is it cheating? Does he SAY in a message before or after the trade offer that he is GIVING resources? That said I personally would not do this. If this happens I would suggest either being proactive and write to other players warning them of a players attempt to do this or post in th4e Newspaper. I would also look to form a coalition against this player and attack them as soon as possible before they can use the resources to build and expand.

• Quote from Undaunted: “would you build factories at non-core provinces to increase its production or you would keep to attack everywhere and hope to find cities from this resource type ” First off, what says you cant do both? I do both, except the attack every where, I attack other players 1 at a time. If they have industry great if not it is still an asset and will increase your daily resource production. 4 player nations if they have industry in them (or where it can be repaired) is equal to m…

• Quote from Fox-Company: “I read the first part of that and, your instantly wrong, back when i didnt use LTS i spammed 10 AA into all my major cities before taking the offensive, therefore ensuring the constant production of units with little to no harm to the facilities there, and i do in fact upgrade my AA ” Yet again you prove that you may read but you do NOT comprehend (btw I know that is a big word so I will put in a word you might understand, oops another big word, they mean become aware of…

• Quote from Fox-Company: “You seem to be oblivious to units being in peoples cities, and you DO want to bomb what you want to capture, because they will KEEP producing until you capture or destroy, and capturing them is a longer process, because the units IT PRODUCES will keep attacking you! Also you ignore that he may have alot of AA or other fighters aswell. ” You seem to be oblivious to my statement that you destroy his units in the city with aircraft before capturing it. As for he may have a …

• To me they are totally a waste of resources both to research and build, those resources can be put to much better uses. They are easily shot down and really not a threat except to buildings and other than airstrips why would you want to destroy what you want to capture. You want to capture a city as intact as possible so that it can be used against an enemy. What is better than using buildings that he paid for and constructed against him? You would be better using aircraft to destroy his units d…

• Quote from marshallotfy: “at least make the PO in city have effect on provinces ” While POs do not have a direct effect on surrounding provinces they DO have an indirect effect on surrounding provinces. If a city (or province) has a high morale due to a PO they will provide the neighboring provinces with a positive neighbor bonus. You must look at the province morale to see this. In the example the effect is only +2 but Voroshilovgrad currently only has a L1 PO but I have seen the neighbor bonus…

• I once had between 150 to 200+ Planes but this was during the good days of CoW V1 and not the inflated cost of 1.5+. It was on a WAW map. No I used no gold but was accused of it by the gold user that pumped out 10 AA in one minute in a city that was under my patrol. Like others I had good, in fact VERY GOOD allies, I salute you Torpedo28000 and Byz! Quote from Undaunted: “good players are in good alliances , good alliances have high conditions like high k/d ratio ” They also prefer win rates abo…

• Capital Penalty

S Schmidt - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from z00mz00m: “Are we really going to compare an ancient, stone age empire like the Incas with a WW2 country capable of building aircraft carriers, strategic bombers, and (eventually) nuclear missiles? ” I am so glad you missed the ENTIRE point due a lack of understand how points in an argument are made and yet your example of travel by water being safe and EFFICIENT in sub infested waters is allowable. Quote from z00mz00m: “But if you are Great Britain and your navy rules the world's oce…

• Tyler please look at the DATE of the post before responding to a post that is over 5 years old, anything over 30 days old probably doesnt need to respond to it. This discussion is long over and doesnt need to be necro'd

• Capital Penalty

S Schmidt - - Suggestions / Criticism

Quote from General Freiheit: “This penalty is also very unrealistic, as irl most people dont care where their capital is. ” Actually it is very realistic as the farther from the capital you are the less control over those areas you have. Just ask the Romans, Incas, Persian and Chinese Empires. These Empires built roads for the reason that it made communication (as well as being able to project force to deal with breakaway regions) with the capital faster and therefore the capital could exert pow…

• Quote from _Pyth0n_: “a multi-select feature at this rate would be worth considering... ” A multi selection would be prefect for this. Just like what is currently used in the province tab would work perfectly and should be an easy change too.

• I want a favor

S Schmidt - - General Discussions

I want to thank you for response @Geden but will add that I am disappointed that the news was wrong,

• Intelligence Reports

S Schmidt - - Questions and Answers

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Obviously. It is the most rewarding form of spying; the intel gained is invaluable. ” So Invaluable that it has allowed me to stop build all naval units except for a few destroyers and Carriers so I can cross the gap between Africa and South America with my Air Forces. People underestimate the value of reveal.

• sp anti air units

Tbh you might be correct. I have no knowledge of nukes as my games end before nuke bombers can be used. My only experience with nukes is the Doomsday events and there iirc you start with missile and can build them (if you survive the initial onslaught of fire and brimstone.) BUT in theory it should be handled as I described and it sounds like to use them that way requires precession handling and probably micro management beyond what most players are willing.

• sp anti air units

Aactually you have missed the point. You would not have made the comment Quote from ralltcat: “it kinda makes the AA you have in then useless unless directly attacked ” if you had actually read what I wrote. Quote from S Schmidt: “any unit taking damage would defend, that is the way AA works, that is why it will damage aircraft on patrol that damage units. All defensive damage is applied before any offensive damage such as Nuke bomber attacks ” Any unit that takes damage from ANY aircraft will d…

• sp anti air units

In the case you describe the AA of any unit taking damage would defend, that is the way AA works, that is why it will damage aircraft on patrol that damage units. All defensive damage is applied before any offensive damage such as Nuke bomber attacks. Tbh the way current AA works is about as close to reality as it was during WWII anti aircraft artillery was very limited in range except for Heavy AA like the 88 and 90 mm guns and above which were stationary units that usually were in permanent em…