Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 43.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Here is a better picture. Enemy in blue. (I can see his RRG) after reckoning with aircraft. I was initially at the city center (Yellow) with the most Southern RRG. He began shooting from his RRG (Blue in Bastion East). But I could not site him. I assumed he targeted the center of my city where my RRG originally was. I thought if I moved it because he did not have Line of site that his RRG would continue to hit my city center versus the RRG stack. This is not true based on how I can see (and you …

• Quote from VorlonFCW: “Is that his RRGun and armored car? The armored car has a sight range equal to the railroad gun firing range, so he can track your movement ” The AC and RRG are mine. The incoming shows how it tracked my RRG from the center of the city to where it is now. That is (even though he had no line of site) his RRG was able to track my RRG and continue shooting. That was my question and I believe its been answered above. I've confirmed now also. Works both ways of course. Actually …

• My favorite way to play was Light Tanks and Bombers for a very long time. Then I discovered Artillery and RRG. Once you go this way you will not go back. :). Of course you should always have a balanced stack and you always need air cover, AA, etc. But RRGs have incredible range and all without taking any damage. They are slow and you need L3 Infrastructure but once you have 3 of these in your stacks along with AA and maybe a few AT. They are very very hard to stop. If your enemy doesn't have the…

• Uploaded a screen shot. I moved off the center and his RRG is following along. Ideas? Didn't think this would be possible?

• Question along this topic. I think I know the answer but wanted you the experts to weigh in. Lets say I have some units in a province. In the 'city center' of the province. Now an enemy plane or something probably scouted my units that are there and/or the enemy simply targeted the center of the province. Now if I move my units off the center of the province a bit will his RRG be effective against my units. Is there an effective blast radius for RRG? Will the RRG track my movement and continue t…

• Scratch that "AI doesn't seem to be very aggressive. LOL. Still early in the game. No RRGs yet. Had to slow way down. Manpower seems to be my biggest problem and I've got lots of barracks and as many as possible going to L3. AI is attacking one or two areas every day at least but I've just had to leave 2-3 units in each area and building fortress like you said. First two bombers are doing their thing and building a string of airports. Much more interesting game than I originally thought it would…

• OK...got all my forces bunched up and working my way to the middle. Just one big giant army...minimizing my losses as I continue to build. Leaving lots of AI space between me and other players. Heading to the AI capital first. I assume I'm going to get some money when I take that capital as in other games. I'm also zig-zagging a bit when I can to take areas that are actually producing resources as I don't see any point in taking the others. AI doesn't seem to attack or be aggressive at all. Sort…

• Bomber question

jamidan333 - - Questions and Answers

Quote from MontanaBB: “Please note that aircraft refueling times are tied to the level of the air base at which they are refueling. L1 air bases require 15 minutes to fully refuel all aircraft units; L2 air bases require 7.5 minutes; and L3 bases require 5 minutes. L1 air bases that are 50% complete may be used, but they require 30 minutes to refuel. ” Your a wealth of knowledge. Learned something new today! Didn't realize this. Could come in very handy.

• Good Advise. Thankyou VorlonFCW..another question: Much of the AI between me and the good stuff is semi-worthless. It doesn't really look like its worth even taking unless it has some resources in it. I did make the mistake of going sideways first...then I realized or (it seems) that the AI isn't attacking back at all. So.... So don't attack worthless AI areas to the side. Especially if they are non-resource producing areas, especially to the side. (I was initially concerned that I needed to tak…

• Just started one of these? So you can't attack any other players core areas? What if its an AI? Same?

• With respect to "Traveling Resources"... Just thinking out loud. 1. I produce oil in some Islands in the pacific. Got to get that oil home to refine it. Some 'economic' transport ship needs to bring it to my core province to be processed and used....giving the enemy a chance to sink it and requiring me to insure that shipping lanes remain open. [game dynamics and actual implementation would be complicated] 2. Storing goods. All that stuff that I have accumulated and in excess. Where do I store i…

• Refresh your browser?

• Employing economic and military spies is really helpful towards the middle of the game and onward. Typically, I've hit a bunch of capitals and Im flush with cash and the map starts to form up into multiple coalitions. Anyway..at this point of the game, flush with cash, the best way to use that extra cash (assuming you can't purchase goods/food anymore) is to put a bunch of spies in the core countries that are producing whatever that map is short of. So wheat or goods or whatever is going to hurt…

• Got to implement this feature. May not work well in game play at first. Modify. No big deal. Get it in.

• Repair Facilities / Hospitals. The units recover somewhat anyway. I guess what your proposing is a way to build a repair facility or a hospital and repair / recover even quicker. Its sorta built into the game already but if something like this were going to be implemented it would have to be in areas not close to any border. The penalty being that you would have to move your units away from any enemy areas or something. So if you had units at 50% and the moving them to a repair/hospital and back…

• I like this idea. I don't think the proposed changes would make that much of a difference. Just a slight effect. I think it would effect moral the most. Germany attacks Russia in the winter. It should be nasty, harsh, etc. WWII technology the planes didn't go anywhere in heavy storms/overcast bomb missions. As stated the effect of sand and maintenance on armor, etc. would be harsher. Adds a bit more randomness and realism to some of the player maps. I would say that if your Iran/Iraq attacking S…

• Some more Newbie Suggestions (I wonder if any newbies actually reading this?) ... or is it all us hardened warriors? 1. Take advantage of the inactives: Reach out and ask for Right of Way. Then move in and turn on the war switch. Nasty little trick but it works so well. I'll do this for ALL inactives in a game. Takes a while sometimes especially if you've just attacked them but they have some remote island that you can't get to and don't want to take the moral hit of being at war. 2. Get a count…

• For a newbie....I think the advise is: as long as your aggressive. Sitting and waiting and not attacking and gaining ground and getting boxed in by allies and/or humans that you will be (typically) more difficult than an AI is not a good idea. If other countries are picking up the inactives it leaves you no choice but to attack them eventually (or never grow). Also...for a newbie: Diplomacy is so important in this game. Players need to show they are growing (showing your activity), using your si…

• Early on I like the Tank/Bomber strategy. You can roll through inactives quickly if you happen to have some near. If its all humans (good ones) then you need a more balanced strategy. Bombers/Tank Still OK, but better players will stop it cold with some AA and will placed fighters patrols. In my opinion the hardest opponents are the ones using a lot of artillery with AA.

• I think what a lot of new players don't do enough of and is: 1. Diplomacy. I for one tend to want to work with and help a player that is active and will communicate. Players that aren't into strategy and don't respond typically get attacked by me first. I can't trust them or at the least they aren't worth working with long term. A lot of times I'll get ask to join a coalition. Not a big fan at the beginning. They are typically meaningless and your coalition rarely helps you if your attacked if t…