Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 44.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unless terrain matters as well.

• Paratrooper Unit

Chertiozhnik - - Suggestions / Criticism

Also discussed in this thread: Paratroopers.

• Nuclear Reactor

Chertiozhnik - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from Lukebnm: “although i was able to build 2 on that game before this happened ” In my game 1068930 only one player has built a reactor; though the research is done the rest do not seem to have this option. Is this some sort of change to the nuclear side of the game going on, is it worth continuing with nuclear-related research?

• If I capture a city where the enemy were producing a unit, and damage some of thr buildings which are needed for completiion, I have the message in the city's production display "Stalled due to destroyed building: {building name}" There is no option to cancel production altogether, as with normal production, if I don't want to pay the cost of completing the building but do want the production slot for something else.

• Aircraft in Truck

I just sent out two planes on patrol and called them back again. One has landed as an aircraft and is refuelling. The other has landed and is refuelling too, but in a truck as the "57th German Airplane Convoy". Update: it has refuelled, still as a rruck. It joined the stack of other aircraft at the city when I clicked on it and "moved" it to the city it was already in, leaving a "ghost" unit "57th German Infantry Brigade". Aircraft behaviour seems to be getting weirder by the day.

• Nuclear Reactor

Still no reactor: given the huge destructiveness of nukes and that they are the end-point of national development, for some players in a game not to have the option to build reactors would seem to be a major issue.

• Nuclear Reactor

Game 1068930 Germany Same, I already have Nuclear Power Research 2,which seems to be the only condition, but the building option does not appear anywhere. Any reason why the upgrade does not appear anywhere, is this some sort of a bug? Update: one of the players in my game has built a reactor: why do I not have that option? In this game I have found that Yugoslavia also has this problem, but Spain has had a reactor for some time.

• Aircraft in Truck

@Zarathustra: yes, this is unexpected. I don't think aircraft alone, or anything with 0 offensive land damage, should be able to capture provinces (whether arriving by air or in trucks) at all. In the case I described in post #1, the truck recaptured a city occupied by my ground forces without fighting my forces. I would say that aircraft whose base cities have been occupied should relocate to the nearest friendly airbase (by air or by truck) or be destroyed. Altogether I have noticed some very …

• Aircraft in Truck

Peculiar thing happening again, same game, Germany (me) attacking Novgorod. Recon had found a Soviet Interceptor squadron based in the city earlier, and I'm sure it was still there when I attacked. 2x infantry approached the city and no sign of the unit appeared: the city looked empty. When they arrived they got a red lightning stroke over their icon showing they were in combat, and unit details said they were "fighting Novgorod". I assume that once they destroy the interceptor they will also ta…

• Game 1068930 Germany (me) and others have been at war with Italy (inactive player) and reduced it to one province, the island of Ponte Delgada. I keep setting my diplomatic status to Peace but after a while it changes back to War. I have not made any attacks on Italy or Italian units for several days now: I was expecting Italy to follow suit eventually and change its diplomatic status to Peace as well. Instead my own status keeps changing every few hours to War, is there a reason for this?

• Railroadgun

For "Railroadgun" read "Railway Gun".

• That is true for conventional warfare as well: gives germany an incentive to go for Iceland or Greenland for instance, or trade with an allu.

• Just to slow down the Dr Strangelove aspect of the game, an undamaged nuclear reactor could be made necessary for starting or continuing any level of atomic bomb research. If no undamaged reactors were available any ongoing research would stop and no new research could be started. This would encourage players to make pre-emptive strikes to halt other nations' progress: quite unlike certain goings-on in our own times. It would also encourage players to look for remote places to build reactors for…

• Call of war 1942

Chertiozhnik - - Questions and Answers

Quote from Joe Bentleigh: “That's not a game about WWII in my book, it's WWIII. ” Yep.

• They can be used to destroy any group of ground forces at any stage of a war.

• Hokay... being a bit slow on the uptake, it is day 22 and I've only just started building V-2s. I've got 12 on the stocks and I can build 8 per day from here on in. All political, strategic and military problems solved. Is there anything else to be doing apart from spamming rockets, or is that it? Well, there's researching and building better rockets, and preparing to go nuclear. That will mean pushing a button every few days, and waiting for the big red one. Very exciting.

• Inactivity Time

Chertiozhnik - - Questions and Answers

Game 1068930 - there are deinitely 2, maybe 3 players who are plainly inactive (1 week +) who still haven't been marked as such.

• Aircraft in Truck

Game 1068930 I have an aircraft in a truck apparenly capturing a city. Day 21 1:20 pm The 20th German Armoured Car Regiment (3x a/c) has captured Sfax (from the Italians, the city was empty of troops at capture). Day 22 4:02 am The 14th Italian Interceptor Squadron (1x interceptor in a truck) has captured Sfax. 4:58 am The 20th German Armoured Car Regiment has captured Sfax. Sfax became an Italian province again, the interceptor truck occupying the city with the armoured cars also in the city (t…

• Update to my previous: my ally has now taken 4 rocket hits total, for 7,300 casualties, several units wiped out entirely and one city minus its upgrades and in revolt status (result of 2 hits on a unit stationed in the city, not an attack on the city itself). That's from 4x level 2 rocket hits! This is just silly. As Joe Bentleigh says, "these weapons are not in the spirit of a WWII game and the notion of entire armies that I have painstakingly built up over weeks being wiped out overnight is a …

• +1 for rockets only having an effect on cities, not on units. Having rockets destroying units is unrealistic and in the game it is a (relatively) cheap'n'cheerful way of avoiding having to do any serious researching, unit building or fighting. From level 2 they can't be intercepted so they just represent a whack-a-mole that can be taken to enemy units without any thought required. Like playing chess with a mallet. Edit: just watched a level 2 rocket hit an ally's infantry division: 3,000 casualt…