Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 153.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• In response to the first part, it would only be all their buildings provided they built nothing else on top of that or conquered more land and built/gained a new one. For the second part, I don't fight with units solely from my core. I often find myself needing to build new IC from scratch to make up for the limited IC I have even with expansion. And if I do have to build them from scratch, I place them in my core resource provinces first. By the time I travel that far, I would have built a good…

• Combat Experience

Lukenick - - Suggestions / Criticism

I thought the suggestion was for gaining experience for armored cars (or any other unit type) across the board, not just for one batallion.

• Non-aggression pact

In real life, non-aggression pacts have been broken. And since allowing these to be broken in game helps the game potentially end sooner, then an option to break them must be available. Currently, you can backstab a player and nothing abnormal would happen to you. If you made one of my suggested changes, something would happen which would relate to real life. If you break a promise with another nation as a leader, your people will begin to trust you less, and that WILL affect your nation in some…

• Quote from Marcos Sicilia: “Maybe one thing good of this is when the players or the AI's build infraestructure in provinces that not have an important meaning being strategic or productive. In this case the new owner of this territories could destroy the industry or most common, the naval bases, taking (I dont know how), some of the materials used to build that building... long live the redundancy xD ” I am not a supporter of gaining ANY resources through the demolition process. It should NEVER …

• Combat Experience

What You Seem To Be Suggesting To Me You are suggesting that over multiple battles, a certain unit type (Armored Cars, Militia, etc.) will become more powerful. So an armored car that is fighting for a player who had 100 past battles where armored cars we included, is stronger than an armored car of a new recruit. Criticism This puts new recruits at a disadvantage compared to veteran players. It is unfair if a veteran has an armored car 1.5x stronger than that of a new recruit, if this was possi…

• Even if you limit that list from 10 to 20 players, everybody should be satisfied with that. All it would include is their name, a link to message them (which would also show prior messages), a link to their profile, and their last date of signing into CoW.

• Non-aggression pact

If you implement this, you have to mention what happens if you break the treaty (b/c that would be an option). Maybe breaking a non-aggression pact decreases your morale by 5 points for the next 5 days. Or maybe your manpower production decreases by 10% for the next 5 days. Or maybe just include a stat in the profile to show how many times a player broke a pact that they made. All of these would be workable strategies, the last just wouldn't help immediately.

• I think if there was this option that it should require some amount of time (it gradually decreases over time not demolished immediately). It might be much easier to destroy than build, but it should not be done in under an hour. I suggest that an industrial complex at level 5 takes 20 hours to demolish, 16 hrs at level 4, 12 hrs at level 3 and so on. While it is definitely possible for one to destroy a building quickly, for the purpose of the game, we need to allow for some time to rethink your…

• Combat width

And on top of that, how would you take care of planes? While you might not be able to have 5 planes over a territory at once, you could have them timed well enough so that you have attacks from 5 planes (different groups of course) every 5 minutes. This limits the power of the land units dramatically and provides air an even larger advantage then they already have.

• Here's a question. Will the 7 day games be played at 4x speed? Or will they go at the normal pace and just end after the end of the 7th day? Or maybe you just speed up the unit movements but nothing else. My preference is the normal pace and the rankings at the end of day 7 determines the victors, no 4x speed or increased troop movement. I know, it might not be possible to finish the game, but it might prepare you for the early stages of a real game. Since there's no hope for a coalition win, th…

• maritime borders

But if you add a refueling demand for ships, then everybody would then become to use them less. In return, I guess you could buff the stats of ships, specifically anti-air and ranged attacks on land units.

• Never say all hope is lost until you are out of all your provinces, units, resources, and voice. The most important tool, your voice (aka diplomacy), can help you get out of some of the most challenging situations. If you can properly coordinate with other players, then no enemy is too difficult.

• maritime borders

Maybe the best way to increase a navy's role is to increase the damage that ranged attacks by cruisers and battleships can deal, then the navy could become slightly more beneficial, at least in the field of combat.

• Well, maybe the question we should ask is why they dropout of every match. If it's for experience, maybe late game gained experience should become more valuable to get these players to willingly participate in the long run.

• But aren't some of the dropouts just new players who are quitting? You cannot do much about that except reset the nation and reopen it to selection.

• Day Change

My favorite idea was to change the day-cycle from 24 hours to something else, I suggest 25 hour days in the game. This cycle would be the most advantageous method for maps that are run server-wide. So for any 100p and 50p maps that cannot be started by actual players, the 1st day will end ~25 hours after it starts (round to nearest hour). Preferably, you could have matches divided between Europeans and Americans, but then the games will fill up way too slow. Quote from atreas1: “Quote from BMfox…

• diplomacy

Quote from BMfox: “Quote from Lukenick: “Here's an idea: Create a new map with an adjusted reward system. The map could be the 22-player Mediterranean match. The game ends after 30 days, no matter what happens. If you maintain your core entirely, you gain 200 gold. Every player's original capital you control adds 300 gold to your rewards (200 gold each if you don't own your entire core). ” I'm affraid that this would be an incentive for even more players to join a game, go AFK, let the AI do the…

• diplomacy

Here's an idea: Create a new map with an adjusted reward system. The map could be the 22-player Mediterranean match. The game ends after 30 days, no matter what happens. If you maintain your core entirely, you gain 200 gold. Every player's original capital you control adds 300 gold to your rewards (200 gold each if you don't own your entire core). Another idea (with the same map) would have a reward system as follows: The players are limited to a 30-day match, game ends by that date. 17 of the n…

• Would coal have to be produced in every country at equal rates, or will they vary like other resources? Ex) Germany has 2 coal provinces creating 6,000 coal while France has only 1 that creates 5,000 coal Ex 2) Germany has 2 coal provinces creating 6,000 coal while France has only 1 that creates 6,000 coal Ex 3) Every nation has the same number of coal-producing provinces and each province produces the same amount of coal.

• Why are these players leaving the game early? Is it a matter of a lack of interest or is it a matter of it being easier to gain experience early game? If it is the former, there is not much we can do without dramatically changing the game. If it's the ladder, we could just create experience multipliers for the game (maybe allow ranked games to have an increasing rate of experience up to day 30). This would avoid players from creating solo matches and spamming for experience and persuade players …