Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 675.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quote from Quasi-duck: “Yeah sounds like something WiseOdin would say, he always had the best ideas tbh. ” Awesome that months after leaving, I'm still being quoted. I hardly have a horse in the race, at this point. I honestly DON'T have a horse in the race. That being said, if anybody really wants to have paratroopers, try Conflict of Nations (a Bytro co-op with Dorado) and check out the airmobile infantry. I only played a couple maps of CoN, and sliced through readily by abusing airmobile infa…

• Quote from darecki-master: “Besides there is talking about some period of time of break after few days not the same break at the same time in a day. Night is very good time to attack etc. ” Good thing the Earth is flat, and saucer shaped. Otherwise night would not be the same everywhere.

• Troop Stacking Limits

WiseOdin - - Suggestions / Criticism

Exactly as Vorlon and BB stated. There is no limit, but big stacks really are just easier to kill. You can choose to lump your forces into one of your provinces to counter their huge stack (forts help..) or out flank the big slow stack and hit the enemy core; hybrid of both is the common choice.

• Quote from NukeRaider33: “Time zones. When you are active, somebody could be sleeping or at school/work. To allow fairness for everyone, breaks and pauses cannot be implemented. ” Exactly. As far as hospitals go, units only heal in provinces you control. They're on "R&R' so to speak. Hospitals would be part of this, but WWII was a lot different than say, Korea, when it came to the hospitalization of troops wounded in combat.

• Per Round Deadline

WiseOdin - - Questions and Answers

I'm not sure it ever did work. However, it was supposed to work as explained XD

• Precision Bombing

SBs are actually pretty useful in the destruction of an enemy's ICs, etc. In a long war of attrition, it's sometimes best to fund the destruction of the enemy's ability to produce units.

• Per Round Deadline

Quote from Restrisiko: “Some achievements like "Kill 1.000 units of ..." are counted only up to day 45 (former day 40). What I know about it, I once wrote here: forum.callofwar.com/index.php?thread/16572-ranking-ends/&post ” Was always my understanding. The game remains ranked, as long as there are still at least two active players. One active player, and further actions will stop counting as ranked after (three days?)

• Messaging mechanics

I, like Peter, just use ctrl c (I actually use ctrl x to "cut" that way I know it copied, when it disappears.) It's fairly rare, that I need to double check what I'm talking about. Only in intricate issues.

WiseOdin - - General Discussions

Moderators don't have business emails. as injinji stated, you can PM any of them. Your best bet, is to create a bug report, because moderators cannot help you with your account. You need a Game Operator or higher.

• Quote from Razr Wolfgang: “if you cant afford £3 a month (the price of a cup of coffee) for HC then you are in the wrong game or get a job if you want to play for the please remember the saying "beggers cant be choosers", it is the payers that make it possible for the ones to play for free. it is the cheapest game i have seen , having said that i would not mind paying a little more for the ability to research queue, demand and supply ” You do realize, how few players support the game, at all, fi…

• You could post in the "Find co-players" forum section: Find Co-players

• I see "Econ" maps with people just letting each other get the drops. RP maps, research maps, as well.

• The New Forum Gang

WiseOdin - - Off Topic

Quote from purplepizza117: “Butter Ball Bill and the old forum gang will forever be missed ” BBB is forever with us.

• Trade embargo

I often use them, to keep from helping enemies of allies, whom I might not want a direct war with.

• Quote from injinji: “Quote from WiseOdin: “I thought it was going to be two keys? ” Just imagine what that would do to noobs: Noob: "Oh, so that button gives me a nuke, I'm going to use it on that militia" System: "Are you sure you want to do this?" Noob: "Yes... why aren't you doing anything? Oh, a key hole, where's the key?" System: "Type your password for the key" Noob: "I think my password was notanoob1" System: "Your password is correct, now type in your password again" Noob: "c-o-r-r-e-c-t…

• Gold Free maps

Quote from Seroslav: “Severs of Call of War need to be paid of course, so such games should be paid to join. Then if the sum of gold for joining is big enough, servers and Bytro can be paid, and there would be no gold usage in-game. That's fair I think I would play such maps personally. And what is additional advantage is that probably less often people would resign and become inactive. What I propose next is that in such games, bigger part of gold, than usually, is distributed among top3 player…

• I thought it was going to be two keys?

• I... Wouldn't advertise your blacklist, as even privately, they are against the rules. If your alliance has players in it you do not like, remove them, have them removed, or leave. If your alliance is just a bunch of people, you're doing it wrong

• Quote from Hobbs99: “@Friz can you tell me who it is. I will beat him for you ” Yeah because that's not wolf packing or denouncing /blacklisting xD

• Quote from Quasi-duck: “I wouldn't be so sure, that's a lot of lines of code to go through and change. That was their excuse for not fixing unit info and pictures a while back, so I'd say their even less likely to do it that way. ” Their idea to have the plane was good, they just need to refine small things, like where it is. I'm sure a single place per country is easier, than having it be player's choice.