Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 172.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The second suggestion is fairly reasonable, but come on, are those changes really necessary ? They don't change the way you play the game in any way.

• German high command absolutely salivating at the sight of those trans-Atlantic bombers lol

• How would players from different time zones play then ?

• Pan-asian doctrine

VIRVCOBRV - - Suggestions / Criticism

Cruiser ships with only 10% health would be decorating the seabed quicker than the Japanese Navy in late WW2. Be careful what you wish for.

• Quote from freezy: “Hey, not sure where always those rumours are coming from that we deliberately disabled this or that, when most of the time there is just a bug at play. "no coalitions" games were not removed. Players can still create them (just select no coalitions in the game settings) and some events run without coalitions, such as the Free For all Event. So it rather seems like the filter option is bugged, I will forward it. Thanks for reporting. ” Thanks for the answer. It does seem to be…

• If you do that, you'll need to create a tree for the UK, France, China, possibly Romania, Hungary and Yugoslavia. Basically every country that played a role in the war, and for the a lot of them a more important one than Italy to be honest. I mean hell, if we're going to have an Italian tree I insist we get a Greek tree as well, so that we get a hard counter lol. In conclusion, while it'd be cool to have more different nation trees, the current trees are fine as it is and work well, along with h…

• Ever since the 1.5 update I think, it's impossible to select games with coalitions disabled. The search option for games with no coalitions is still there, but it doesn't do anything, as all selected games still systematically include coalitions. I don't understand why the devs took away the option to disable coalitions. I get that coalitions are more "noob"-friendly, but personally I think they cheapen the importance of diplomacy and tend to make games unwinnable if you don't join one ; hence w…

• It’s a pretty good idea, and definitely better than early/mid/late phase which are really vague terms and barely comprehensible for beginners. However, calling them by numbers (phase 1/2/3) isn’t much better as people would constantly need to refer to this thread to figure out what each number means. Terms such as Regional phase, Continental phase, and Global/Intercontinental phase are more instinctive and graspable.

• I'd ally with Germany. With Germany and maybe GB on your side you would be unchallenged in Western Europe, with Spain and Italy presenting little of a threat. Alternatively, I've seen France do well when allied with Italy against Germany, provided they work together. France is in a very central position and has lots of powerful neighbors, so good diplomatic skills are the key to victory here. If either Germany or Italy attack you, take advantage of your defensive positions along your borders and…

• I don't recommend playing consistently on the defensive. You may see some advantage in terms of defense points and High command abilities, but you must consider the wider strategic situation : 1. First off, being on the defensive means (at least in theory) that your country is being attacked, putting your cities and production facilities at risk. Consider that, on the contrary, your enemy is not losing any terrain and resources, unless you're inflicting very heavy casualties on him (at which poi…

• Quote from Weids: “I'd like to choose my doctrine rather than being assigned one. ” Same !

• Wouldn't soldiers up on a mountain see farther than in a plain ?

• There is already an event allowing you to play all countries on Historical maps, but you'de ba disappointed. The countries we're talking about all suck , they wouldn't serve anything to balance out the game.

• Retreat function?

I like the mechanic of locking enemy troops in combat, makes for interesting play decisions allowing you to influence the flow of battle. I'm personnaly against a retreat option. It's right that players be punished for bad positioning/getting played.

• I second that. Unit and buildings composition should be remembered and visible as of the last spotting at least until day change, like is already the case for spies and planes.

• Nicely put. Most of these countries don't have enough cities/resources to win or, if they do, are poorly positioned because either completely isolated (S. Africa) making it impossible to get the necessary amount of points in time, or surrounded by powerful neighbors (Netherlands). The only underdog country I can realistacally see win a historical game would be Egypt, with some skillful play and a lot of timely alliances. I did try Saudi Arabia once and except for the oil it was atrocious lol. At…

• Mines

This is a horribly unbalanced idea in a game where sea travel is not free but restricted by waypoints. Mines would effectively be a much too cheap way to completely block off certain passages at literally no disadvantage, because ships would be forced ot go through them. Once sea travel is made free of restrictions = with no waypoints through which ships must pass (which will never be the case for obvious reasons), then mines could become an actual idea.

• Call of War 1.5: Introducing Doctrines

VIRVCOBRV - - News

Quote from f118: “Quote from Hans A. Pils: “Talking about details (since, as it seems, details are all you're willing to change in your original CoW1.5 plans): All in all, I think the doctrines are already well balanced (apart from the issue they create with K/D, which will make players who care about K/D never pick a Comintern country... since those who care about K/D usually are the more successful players, I expect the winner to be seldomly a Comintern country). And there are a lot of bonuses…

• New Features in CoW 1.5

VIRVCOBRV - - News

So how exactly does paras reembarking work ? Can they start reembarking immediately after jumpring or does the deoplyment timer first have to deplete for them to be able to reembark ?