Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 39.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Arms Race

KingCongo - - News

Nope - this is far more fun to play against/find intimidating. youtube.com/watch?v=7vW3oatYjS0

• Oh good grief. This is what Diabolical is reduced to; arguing moot points online. To be fair I had to take a 6 month hiatus after kicking his butt into the next year, so I kinda give him that benefit - but still, this is a bit of a stretch for someone that thinks so highly of himself. Are you even in any games anymore, Diabolical?

• Join the Arms Race

KingCongo - - News

Oh, I see. So 1st Place doesn't have +10k Gold, it just has it's fixed reward changed to 10k. That is cool. As long as the other positions didn't just get their current VP as their reward.

• Join the Arms Race

KingCongo - - News

New question related to the Gold Reward. I just finished my Arms Race game with a VP Win and gained +11,678 gold. Yay! Go Team! While it is the single largest reward I have received, it was far less than anticipated; in another Homefront Round I came in 1st place via retirement. I had around 1000 VPs in that game, add or take a few baker's dozen, and I made around 4k gold (maybe closer to 5k, I don't write this stuff down, probably should start). In this game it was advertised that 1st Place wou…

• Join the Arms Race

KingCongo - - News

Really? I quit your coalition, quit sharing maps at the same time you were online and we were chatting (so you could also cancel your share map with me) and gave you 24 hours notice that I was gonna attack and you still call it a backstab? I don't think that word means what you think that word means. As far as my losses, sure I lost a lot of planes. I began my attack on you with exactly 117 air units and ended with 26 INT & 44 TAC and thought I got a great exchange for the just under 200k in man…

• Upcoming Coalition Changes

KingCongo - - News

Quote from DxC: “Quote from KingCongo: “Has the Coalition Victory Win Condition been implemented; if not is there a date when it is anticipated to be implemented. ” In the announcement above it says later October. ” Correction" It says 'Later in October', which could mean any date in October past the original update in September, which is, incidentally, every day in October.\ EDIT: And the changes are not currently implemented. That is just too bad for Manitoba in my Arms Race Game.

• Join the Arms Race

KingCongo - - News

After just about completing and Arms Race game I have to say it was one of the best maps ever. Interesting points; 1.) Early Resource Deficiency (Food & Manpower) is a n00b trap. I dunno how many exactly positions, it was certainly a half dozen or more, made the mistake of building extra barracks to fix the Manpower issue, but only ended up getting themselves suckered into a Negative Food Death Spiral. I did well because I always upgrade my resources, and in this Round I paid super-close attenti…

• Upcoming Coalition Changes

KingCongo - - News

I am in an Arms Race game and the remaining players joined my coalition, hoping for a Colly Win. We have 2663 VPs now, which should be way over the 90% listed as required (which should have been around 2496). At least Day change there was 110 VPs unaccounted for, but we have taken all but 90 or so of those, so more like 97% of VPs are now controlled by one colly. Has the Coalition Victory Win Condition been implemented; if not is there a date when it is anticipated to be implemented. Thanks!

• Controlled Airspace

KingCongo - - News

Quote from Dixie: “thats exactly what dude just said ” No, he said 'or if you are forced to land to change where you are patrolling,' which is an ambiguous statement. There are two ways that could be interpreted as planes on patrol, if given an order to patrol outside the green 'pie slice' or 'cone' that is displayed when issuing new patrol orders, will always return to base and then land briefly before taking off towards the new target. So, was he saying what I said, that planes on patrol never…

• Controlled Airspace

KingCongo - - News

Quote from CityOfAngels: “ The other way more active players rape their "smoke break" opponents is by destroying enemy planes that are refueling. When you fly out on an attack sortie and return, or if you are forced to land to change where you are patrolling, ” Just want to point out that planes on Patrol never have to land to refuel, even if they have to return to base before departing to Patrol another area (as long as the new patrol area does not require a base change, at which point they wil…

• Controlled Airspace

KingCongo - - News

Quote from King Draza Mihajlovic: “Quote from CityOfAngels: “Quote from King Draza Mihajlovic: “"a smoking break can cost you" you do realize that you can play while smoking? ” Not while micro-managing air combat against a competitive opponent, that's for sure ” as if you need some supernatural skills in order to micromanage planes that take up to 30 minutes to get into action ” I have to disagree with you King Draza. It does not happen often, but I have been in several air wars where literally …

• Controlled Airspace

KingCongo - - News

Quote from CityOfAngels: “Quote from KingCongo: “And to test this is easy peesy and not expensive at all; as you come across small AI Bots stacks in your games just assign a single-type air unit stack to patrol over them; record your current HP/Morale of both stacks, then go get something to eat or watch a movie. ” Clearly. I've left fighters circling over a tank and come back hours later with both still at 100%. But it could have been simple luck/crappy shooting. It's not hard to test, I just h…

• Controlled Airspace

KingCongo - - News

Quote from NovaTopaz: “... It's the same thing here, removing one of the vital functions of the patrol function to get rid of a bug of the game code. At least I have some confidence Bytro will fix it at some point. But still, need to give an opinion, or it might never come back.). ” Nothing vital has changed, my planes still kick much ass pretty much exactly as they did before. You are just on a whine & complain loop and refuse to consider that maybe your horrible fears are not, in fact. justifi…

• Controlled Airspace

KingCongo - - News

Quote from CityOfAngels: “Quote from KingCongo: “Just because a order says 'Patrol" does not mean that it is a CAP mission. In fact, in the CoW game that one order can easily be used for Recon/CAP/Superiority/Interdiction missions, and/or combinations of those missions. ” I am pretty sure this is incorrect. Fighters patrolling over an enemy ground target will not attack it unless given an attack order (unless this sometimes/inconsistently works - I have certainly observed it not working). It see…

• Controlled Airspace

KingCongo - - News

Quote from NovaTopaz: “... No, no I will. Even if I adapt to it, I will STILL notice it. And my adaptation to it will likely be me dropping fighters entirely until they can be used for air superiority later in the game. ” Your mistake then. Fighters are still excellent and perform as intended. I am successfully using them as early as Day 4. Quote from Nova Topaz: “Literally everything about the fighter screams reconisence, down to the tutorial and the description of the unit itself. And now that…

• Controlled Airspace

KingCongo - - News

Quote from NovaTopaz: “... Again, combat patrol is only really pertinent to the one and only aircraft that do that: FIGHTERS(interceptors IG). I don't see tacts going on combat patrol(as in IRL. No where anywhere during WWII were there tacts put into a combat patrol, ever, ” In CoW they obviously combined the Air Interdiction, Combat Air Patrol/Air Superiority missions together in one assignment, doubtless for ease of gameplay. In both WW1 & WW2 aircraft were used to attack 'opportunity targets'…

• A bug with my gold?

KingCongo - - Bug Reports and Issues

Quote from MontanaBB: “That said, there are certain circumstances when the bomber provides greater flexibility, including the ability to fly from your air bases to allied air bases to the enemy target. If you and your allies have a well developed air base network, that could be a significant advantage. ” Good point, the bombers are definitely far more mobile than the rockets. Course, if you are counting on allied support, you could avoid the bomber getting shot down by having an ally put a low A…

• A bug with my gold?

Quote from Zimbrisor: “it was not alone, i think there were like 3 AA, but no fighters... so... ” 3 AA of sufficient level (L4 I think, but maybe even just L3) would be able to shoot down the NUC bomber. Sorry bro. This is why I prefer Nuclear Rockets if I was to use nukes (I never have, my play style does not account for it) as rockets cannot be shot down. If you are going to use bombers you have to be super careful. Large stacks with multiple types of land units, fleets with cruisers (cruisers…

• A Non Gold Discussion

KingCongo - - General Discussions

Quote from K.Rokossovski: “Oh it is very well possible. In the longer game, the relative value of gold decreases (because empires grow larger and have more stuff to build and spend, while the gold effect does not increase). ” +1 Quote from Ironmann: “Ronon do you really think i believe that lies LOL. You beat a player who has 2,000,000 Gold and you had Nothing. If that's true he must be so bad lol Don't tell us BS. I agree that this is a free game that People support Bytro by spending gold ” If …

• A bug with my gold?

The description given said "107th Railroadgun Regiment (Philippines) "Divdesmittrešais" - which implies the RRG was alone or had only 1 or two other units in the stack (at 4 they become Divisions as I recall). The RRG would not have shot it down, even if defended by a max level AAG or SPAA. But if the target area had fighters patrolling over the target they would have. I personally would recommend going for Nuclear Rockets instead as they cannot be shot down.