Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 30.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Downtime Jan 2

qwerty1mil - - Bug Reports and Issues

This is occuring all too regularily now, if you expect people to pay real money to play this game then you need to get your collective acts together.

• Just to stick my two pence in, did you know that Hawaii is the only US state whose flag has the Union Jack represented on it.

• What's your favorite WW2 movie?

qwerty1mil - - Off Topic

I like older war films Ice Cold in Alex - John Mills rocked it as the flawed hero leading his rag tag group across the desert to have an ice cold beer in Alexandria Sahara - Humphrey Bogart was one of the most underrated actors of his day and one of the best. His gruff and forthright nature making him perfect as the Tank Master Sergeant who picks up a multi-national group of allies as they retreat to El Alamein Sink the Bismarck! - Kenneth More was great as the Naval Opertions Officer, coordinat…

• Celebrity You Hate The Most

qwerty1mil - - Off Topic

Tough one, but i'd have to say Tom Cruise, i don't like his smile, he shows too many teeth and its creepy. Also being a Scientologist doesn't help his standing with me as i feel they are worst kind of charlatans.

• WW3

qwerty1mil - - Off Topic

Quote from Pablo22510: “Quote from qwerty1mil: “no nukes, simply means a conventional conflict ” That's not WW3. ” Following that train of thought then WW1 and WW2 weren't world wars. I think you need to check the definition of what World War means.

• WW3

qwerty1mil - - Off Topic

Quote from Pablo22510: “Quote from qwerty1mil: “no country in their right minds would actually use them. ” Bingo. And no nukes means no WW3. ” Your assertion makes little practical sense, no nukes, simply means a conventional conflict as Comrade Dave just pointed out.

• WW3

qwerty1mil - - Off Topic

Actually, WW3 probably wouldn't involve nuclear weapons. Pretty things though they are, and expensive to buy, making you part of an exclusive club, no country in their right minds would actually use them.

• WW3

qwerty1mil - - Off Topic

Quote from Pablo22510: “WW3 won't happen. Ever. ” How can you be so sure, what is your reasoning for no WW3?

• WW3

qwerty1mil - - Off Topic

Lets set aside for a moment the inevitability of another World War, mankinds history is a recurring record of how much we enjoy killing each other. Another World War could be fought for oil, but truthfully i suspect that war will break out for mans more basic needs, food and water. We live on a planet with finite resources and only so much space for human expansion, as the population increases, so will the demand on food and water, a demand that is unsustainable. Where will it be fought, take yo…

• This probably won't happen. The easiest way for Bytro to circumvent German law regarding the use of Nazi iconography, which was a integral part of this historical timeline, was to remove the ability for anyone to change the flag and leaders name.

• Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “I don't like it. Can you find it's real world equivalent? Latest date is 1969. ” There is no real world equivalent, during WW2 Germany wanted to build Battleships with 18in, 20in, 22in guns and bigger, but these would have simply been Super Battleships. In truth there is nothing in history built with a gun bigger than 16in. Battleships fill this role and short of using weapons that didn't exist, a la Maus and Ratte, as was discussed before, i see little need for it.

• Histroy Bites

qwerty1mil - - Off Topic

sounds good to me, its always nice to learn something new.

• Which was the best army?

qwerty1mil - - Off Topic

Quote from mio123: “3- brits didn't produced bombers till the US came so who a fighter would damage a tank? ” It amazes me still how some people talk with such conviction about subjects they don't truly understand. Try looking up Halifax Bomber or Sterling Bomber, both of these were designed and entered service before America even considered entering the war.

• Favorite carrier

qwerty1mil - - Off Topic

HMSHermesBuilt1919Sunk1942.jpg HMS Hermes This was the first Aircraft Carrier designed as a proper carrier and not a converted Battleship or Cruiser.

• Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “Oh. Well, next time I won't. Sorry. ” Its cool, most of the ideas from S1914 got put into this game, ao its all good.

• SP Anti-Tank

qwerty1mil - - Suggestions / Criticism

I would like to see these. Later in the game when attack becomes more important the existing anti-tank guns become somewhat pointless aside from for defence, a more mobile, armoured anti-tank gun would fill an important role and make tank battles more interesting.

• Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “Wait, what? ” I wanted to add Battlecruisers and Destroyer/Frigates to S1914, you always nerfed the idea

• Quote from Butter Ball Bill: “Love it! ” You always hated it when i suggested such additions to S1914.

• Think too hard and it'll hurt.

qwerty1mil - - Off Topic

Quote from comrade dave: “There are 30 cows in a field. Twenty eight chickens, how many didn't? ” I think it may be 10

• Which was the best army?

qwerty1mil - - Off Topic

Quote from qwokadile: “Just to clear up its not Russia but the Soviet Union so Ukraine, Russia, Georgia so forth, ” You are correct, I guess us S1914ers just get kinda used to calling it Russia.