Search Results

Search results 1-20 of 40.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• was the city recently conquered or changed hands? bombed? or traded? spies can lower morale as well.

• Sharing map is the only reasonable way between neighbors, however I always check skill level, army units close to my border and movements, unless its at the beginning of the game you can tell by the type of units how effective an attack would be, most noobs think that forming a large stack and sending it on a rampage is the way to go and that just plays into my kill zone plus I get to conquer them, having said that I've been double crossed only once and that was by a very high ranking player, an…

• Scaling is right, I have at least three close allies and two friends, I know I wont attack them no matter what so if all hang on to the end it would go unfinished, kinda dumb if you invest so much time in a game with less than satisfying result methinks. I mean our territories are intermeshed and with the 3 region switch we cant even straighten that out.

• Engineer corps

Leadpiper - - Suggestions / Criticism

This is the unit that would help this game out of a lot of its issues, sa. it would speed building bunkers/roads it could also help laying down new airstrips and during retreat in could demolish certain buildings or render them useless to the enemy, engineer units were really the backbone of every army and the speed of its advance or defense was many times possible because of the engineers/sappers. Other benefits could be with embarkation/debarkation, maybe even raodblocks/minelaying or am I ask…

• Allies

Leadpiper - - Questions and Answers

So this came up recently and I realized I have no clue about it, is it possible for two allies to attack with ground forces (not arti) the same burg simultaneously (or close to it) and if so who gets the province if they win?

• I wholeheartedly support the idea of either having goldfree games (paying to get in would be an option) or have a finite amount that cannot be increased, to be set by either teams or whatever, I can understand the designers reluctance to limit income (potential income) but having people stop playing the game because of it, would be more damaging imo.

• Morale Question

Leadpiper - - Questions and Answers

I think that the neighbors are not necessarily different countries but also proximal regions in the same country, while experimenting in one game I used gold to raise morale in a critical region and soon the regions around it went slightly up temporarily. Wish I knew how it was calculated though.

• What's your favorite WW2 movie?

Leadpiper - - Off Topic

Enemy at the gates, Das Boot and Memphis Belle

• This is a similar question does it make a difference as far as the rewards are concerned, if you win by VP majority or if the last three decide to end the game as is?

• Rocket interceptors

But not on the same scale as Ivan

• Rocket interceptors

Not really since we don't have to stick to "real" historical units as so many pointed out you could find specific unique units and I do not suggest that all units are different just a few. s.a rocket fighters for axis, maybe Katusha arti for soviets and so on, idea is not to make one side weaker just different, and I apologize if my tone sounded cynical to some of you.

• Rocket interceptors

Quote from TankBuster: “The devs try to make do with what they can, stop picking the game apart. ” Its not my intention to pick this game apart if I did not like it I would not waste my time on these forums, I would like to see some variation, instead of having same weapon systems for everybody having unique units for different factions would make it more enjoyable to try different sides. It probably requires a little more testing and balancing.

• Rocket interceptors

So I'm trying to remember what solid fuel rocket interceptors were the allies working on during WWII but I cant quite find one, ah yes that's because there were none only the axis had them so what gives? Were having nonexistent units on the list, I mean there must be stuff the allies were working on that the other side did not develop.

• Stop the Vultures

Simple when attacked by superior strength you always find yourself lacking this or that, my few fighter squadrons would've been wiped out if I went up against their stack, only option was hit and run, using rockets to hit them as they refuel is very effective, though you have to calc exact flight time and refuel time, (here having an advance figure on rocket flight before launch would be extremely helpful) but as soon as my foes figured out what my strat was, they simply loitered above my units …

• Stop the Vultures

Yes I'm aware of that and I don't accuse them directly of it, the hovering endlessly is whats unnerving, if it were half a squadron like Bill suggested then I should be able to hit their home field and damage them that way, however that is not the case field is empty damage only to airstrip does not affect their performance. The only way to stop this is either a massive amount of AA support (in which case they simply choose to go somewhere safer or challenge them directly) this is not that unusu…

• Good idea.

• Ban inactive players

How do you propose to stop this? You cant just kick people to the curb cause they for whatever reason stopped playing perhaps making a more aggressive AI take their place or limit the number of spawns would get more people to join games already on, but that would be a disadvantage for those that do.

• Stop the Vultures

So I'm fighting a clan of four or one masquerading as four ( never played against a silent team, not one word between them in a week yet they sync their forces perfectly ) at any rate their new tactic or "exploit" is to have megagroups of bombers on patrol over a unit they want destroyed this way every time the planes rotate over my units they release their bombs (yes my units fire back but "megagroup" cant do much against it) in this way they dont have to return to base to rearm and hover the w…